Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Exploretrip issue 4/8/16 - Who all got in?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exploretrip issue 4/8/16 - Who all got in?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2016, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by DLDFW
There are some reports of cancellations occurring hopefully doesn't apply to everyone.
Not surprised that they cancel these tickets.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
There are some reports of cancellations occurring hopefully doesn't apply to everyone.
Its really really hard to pick up any real info from the clutter of newbdom

However, I expect a cancelation as well. There is no email from exploretrip with a ticket # - I can only see it on dl.com
Old Apr 9, 2016, 4:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Its really really hard to pick up any real info from the clutter of newbdom

However, I expect a cancelation as well. There is no email from exploretrip with a ticket # - I can only see it on dl.com
Can you click to see the receipt on delta.dumb?

Have you tried to find your ticket on the Saudia Airlines website? This works surprisingly well, including for DL/SkyTeam but in principle for all airlines.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 4:50 pm

Reports of reservation cancellations are accurate. One of my three PNRs has been cancelled except for the intra-C2 segment. I looked up the trips by PNR as none of my reservations had yet been ticketed.

I wish that I had the knowledge that the Trick-it Wizards have in order to deconstruct the glitch. It seemed to have involved: i) SkyTeam members; and ii) destinations on the Iberian Peninsula and the Balkans with some reports of Scandinavia. The latter leads me to believe there was some type of dump occurring if the destination was outside of a certain radius of some point.

Last edited by DCA-IAD FF; Apr 9, 2016 at 5:12 pm
Old Apr 9, 2016, 4:53 pm

Programs: A3 Silver
My flights (EWR - AMS - OTP rt) ticketed on 281 (Tarom). No cancellation yet.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Can you click to see the receipt on delta.dumb?

Have you tried to find your ticket on the Saudia Airlines website? This works surprisingly well, including for DL/SkyTeam but in principle for all airlines.
No receipt, but thats common when its other stock and not DL
Checked ticket on Saudi first thing, all coupons Open For use, so all good.

Originally Posted by DCA-IAD FF
I wish that I had the knowledge that the Trick-it Wizards have in order to deconstruct the glitch. It seemed to have involved: i) SkyTeam members; and ii) destinations on the Iberian Peninsula and the Balkans with some reports of Scandinavia. The latter leads me to believe there was some type of dump occurring if the destination was outside of a certain radius of some point.
It involved ticketing on the intra-Europe carrier (TAP, Tarom, Air Europa, etc), while TATL legs were on a different carrier.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 6:32 pm

Programs: A3 Silver
My DL legs show "Airport control" while the RO legs show "Open for use".
Old Apr 9, 2016, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
No receipt, but thats common when its other stock and not DL
Checked ticket on Saudi first thing, all coupons Open For use, so all good.

It involved ticketing on the intra-Europe carrier (TAP, Tarom, Air Europa, etc), while TATL legs were on a different carrier.

Was this a known trick with this or specific OTA(s)? or did SF just kill another one?
Old Apr 9, 2016, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Was this a known trick with this or specific OTA(s)? or did SF just kill another one?
It does happen frequently with OTAs, ticket plating, etc.

But I dont think this particular one was a golden goose. However, the trick it crowd may be have a different opinion.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 1:22 am

Programs: Skymiles / SPG / SKYPASS
We bought 3 tickets
SFO-ATH - around 330 per ticket
SFO-ZAG - around 440 per ticket
SFO-CPH - around 220 per ticket

Only the SFO-ATH stuck.

All 3 initially showed up in Delta, but for whatever reason 2 of them dropped off and we received an email that said the other 2 had been canceled.

No clue what it was based on. We emailed customer service and asked them to call us. They called within 30 mins and clarified everything else would be refunded to our card. When we asked why they canceled the other two, they responded "Honestly our system is down and we are still trying to fix it. Unfortunately, people booked multiple flights multiple times and we are attempting to fix them one by one."

Overall, happy with the service and would actually use them to buy tickets again vs a kayak or something else considering the service was so responsive.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by Myopia
No clue what it was based on. We emailed customer service and asked them to call us. They called within 30 mins and clarified everything else would be refunded to our card. When we asked why they canceled the other two, they responded "Honestly our system is down and we are still trying to fix it. Unfortunately, people booked multiple flights multiple times and we are attempting to fix them one by one."
Does this mean your SFO-ATH flight is going to stick or is that flight the 'everything else' that is going to be refunded?
Old Apr 10, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: Skymiles / SPG / SKYPASS
SFO-ATH is a greenlight.
The other two were canceled.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Myopia
SFO-ATH is a greenlight.
The other two were canceled.
Did you receive an e-ticket number from Explore Trip / was your card charged ?
I've got the PNR and can log in, select seats on Delta but no ticket # yet.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 11:44 am

I have an e-ticket number, a PNR, and received an email from ExploreTrip with the details. Wonder if I am safe now or if they will still likely find it and cancel it.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
I have an e-ticket number, a PNR, and received an email from ExploreTrip with the details. Wonder if I am safe now or if they will still likely find it and cancel it.
When did you receive your ticket numbers? I booked quite early on and am still waiting on it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.