Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] TP: NYC/BOS/MIA - Europe - GRU $213

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] TP: NYC/BOS/MIA - Europe - GRU $213

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2016, 4:34 am

I fly in November to London via Lisbon. I have received about 4 priceline notifications about schedule changes, and the current version has a 48 hour layover in Lisbon on the return. Hadn't originally scheduled those days off, but going to make the best of it.

Edit: probably wrong thread, I booked a different TAP trip, no GRU.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 8:02 am

Programs: UA
any chance one can call TP and trigger cancellation by asking is this a valid fare for example?
Old Aug 9, 2016, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by ruthenium101
any chance one can call TP and trigger cancellation by asking is this a valid fare for example?
Why would anyone do that and draw unnecessary attention for everyone who's booked?
Old Aug 9, 2016, 8:21 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by ruthenium101
Yes, there is a chance you will get your reservation canceled and put everyone else at risk, so don't do it. Even if there was only a .01% chance, why on earth would you do this???
Old Aug 9, 2016, 7:30 pm

So I booked this trip for September and cheapoair called me saying that there is a schedule change and I will misconnect during one leg of the trip LIS-EWR-YYZ (from New York to Toronto). I was intending to hop off in New York anyways so I told them that but they were going to cancel and refund me since they couldn't find any other alternative flights for EWR-YYZ (basically I only have less than 2.5 hours to go through customs and immigration at EWR and they say I will miss the last leg). Is there any way that TAP will refuse boarding due to such "misconnection" or can they allow me to keep the ticket as scheduled even though it shows a misconnection and I am fine not taking the last leg? Would you advise calling TAP to find out?
Old Oct 6, 2016, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
BOS-LIS K Class posted 50% to UA MP. Nice flight, great staff and dinner was actually good. All in all a great score. Seems my BCN-LIS-GRU is a non earning Fare Basis with UA. Does anyone have any positive experiences with earnings and these flights. Thanks and Safe Travels
Old Nov 17, 2016, 5:20 pm

Has anyone done this open jaw after the Olympics visa waiver expired? Am looking to use only a portion of the ticket with five days between the first legs and the GRU portion. Looking to confirm that visa check doesn't happen until boarding the GRU leg.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 5:25 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
The visa check should only happen in LIS. You could always say you have another passport that is located in Europe that you will pick up to travel to S. America or something like that.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 8:03 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Palal
The visa check should only happen in LIS. You could always say you have another passport that is located in Europe that you will pick up to travel to S. America or something like that.
I recently flew BCN-LIS-GRU the same day. Upon check in at BCN no Visa Check, when I scanned my Boarding Pass to board a LIS the agent was turning the pages of my passport, so I asked what are you looking for (she replied "a visa") I said let me help you.. And showed her what she was looking for..
Old Nov 25, 2016, 1:36 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
*G has absolutely no lounge access at JFK.

There is no lounge at LIS for non-Schengen, and the ANA Schengen lounge is a complete joke.

Meal selection on board: there is no selection.

Booze is abysmal.

Not flying this joke of an airline again.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by keitherson

There is no lounge at LIS for non-Schengen, and the ANA Schengen lounge is a complete joke.

Booze is abysmal.

I had lounge access in LIS and I'm Non Schengen. Meals from BOS-LIS were very good as well as the service on the AZUL aircraft. LIS-GRU was night, ate my meal and went to sleep. Wine and Sparkling were nice. Seems that we had different experiences..
Old Nov 25, 2016, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by keitherson

Booze is abysmal.

You can access the ANA lounge via the escalator in the main shopping area prior to passport control.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 5:39 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by flyer05
You can access the ANA lounge via the escalator in the main shopping area prior to passport control.
You can also re-read my post

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I had lounge access in LIS and I'm Non Schengen. Meals from BOS-LIS were very good as well as the service on the AZUL aircraft. LIS-GRU was night, ate my meal and went to sleep. Wine and Sparkling were nice. Seems that we had different experiences..
I am not talking about what kind of passport you are holding. (Why would you restrict lounge access based on passport??) What do you think I am talking about??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.