Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Onego unlimited flights. Anyone tried with it?

Old Feb 2, 2016, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl

https://www.onego.com/pricing-and-regions/
Old Feb 2, 2016, 6:45 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
That...sounds interesting
Old Feb 2, 2016, 7:08 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
From their FAQs, flights do earn miles.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 7:13 pm

The major limitation seems to be that you have to book 7 days in advance and can only have 4 open bookings.

Completely maximized you'd get 4 flights every 7 days; or about 17/month. That's roughly $117/flight regionally or $173/flight nationally.

This might be good for a month of intensive MRs, but you'd have to be careful to really maximize those days. Unclear how crazy the routings could be, and whether a 'flight' booking is round-trip or a single one-way flight.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by Coffeenut
Unclear how crazy the routings could be, and whether a 'flight' booking is round-trip or a single one-way flight.
Reading through their FAQ, it sounds like they don't support connecting flights, only non-stops.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 8:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There are also restrictions on booking classes (discounted coach) but they don't state what classes these flights use. There's also no clear statement whether these are bulk or consolidator fares.

Given this, I don't see hoow they can claim that their flights necessarily earn full FF miles (redeemable or status? and what about spend?) and are upgrade eligible.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
There are also restrictions on booking classes (discounted coach) but they don't state what classes these flights use. There's also no clear statement whether these are bulk or consolidator fares.

Given this, I don't see hoow they can claim that their flights necessarily earn full FF miles (redeemable or status? and what about spend?) and are upgrade eligible.
They can limit it to discounted fare classes, like N on United and 7 days in advance you will not find any availability on most routes.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jpezaris
Reading through their FAQ, it sounds like they don't support connecting flights, only non-stops.
Doubt it. If its true this rule will restrict most small cities they offer to just few routes.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 9:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by al613
They can limit it to discounted fare classes, like N on United and 7 days in advance you will not find any availability on most routes.
Exactly. Or they could even limit it to E on DL, although I think that has advance purchase requirements of something like 21 days. So then you would have to book these tickets more than 7 days in advance.

Also, various discount classes earn little or nothing when credited to partner FF programs.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75k, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Coffeenut
The major limitation seems to be that you have to book 7 days in advance and can only have 4 open bookings.

Completely maximized you'd get 4 flights every 7 days; or about 17/month. That's roughly $117/flight regionally or $173/flight nationally.

This might be good for a month of intensive MRs, but you'd have to be careful to really maximize those days. Unclear how crazy the routings could be, and whether a 'flight' booking is round-trip or a single one-way flight.
Yeah, doesn't sound like great deal even if you maximized number of flights. The longest domestic flight you might get it probably like ~2500-2750 miles. So at $173 that only puts it at slightly under 7 CPM.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 10:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, National Car EE, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
So I'll give everyone some firsthand experience since I signed up with them last year...In April...When I signed up, I was assured it would be up and running by June...then It was September, then October, then a soft launch in December, and still have heard nothing about a launch. However, I have spent numerous hours on the phone with them discussing what the program does and doesn't include.

The program is for discounted flights, when talking with them, they said as long as it wasn't Y or B fares, everything else is fair game.

You will earn redeeming miles and qualifying miles on all flights. The one thing they haven't said, and I don't know either, is how it will work with the airlines that are using a cost basis component for miles earned.

You can pay additional to book within 6 hours, but still no Y or B fares. You could also pay additional to have up to 8 legs instead of 4 legs. Please note I said legs, not trips as they say on their site.

Lets say I wanted to go to from Las Vegas to Omaha on American for a weekend. I would go LAS-DFW-OMA. That would be 2 of my 4 legs. The return goes OMA-DFW-LAS. That's 2 more legs. So until I arrive in Omaha, that "trip" consisting of 4 legs is all I can have booked. Once I arrive in Omaha, I can book 2 more legs 7 days or more out. Rinse and Repeat.

Please let me know if you have any more questions and I'll be happy to chime in with anything I know from them.

I will throw out there, that when I signed up with them almost a year ago, it was a $100 sign-up fee. I got fed up of waiting, and requested my money back, which they honored their money back guarantee for the sign-up fee.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by dleavitt39
So I'll give everyone some firsthand experience since I signed up with them last year...In April...When I signed up, I was assured it would be up and running by June...then It was September, then October, then a soft launch in December, and still have heard nothing about a launch. However, I have spent numerous hours on the phone with them discussing what the program does and doesn't include.

The program is for discounted flights, when talking with them, they said as long as it wasn't Y or B fares, everything else is fair game.

You will earn redeeming miles and qualifying miles on all flights. The one thing they haven't said, and I don't know either, is how it will work with the airlines that are using a cost basis component for miles earned.

You can pay additional to book within 6 hours, but still no Y or B fares. You could also pay additional to have up to 8 legs instead of 4 legs. Please note I said legs, not trips as they say on their site.

Lets say I wanted to go to from Las Vegas to Omaha on American for a weekend. I would go LAS-DFW-OMA. That would be 2 of my 4 legs. The return goes OMA-DFW-LAS. That's 2 more legs. So until I arrive in Omaha, that "trip" consisting of 4 legs is all I can have booked. Once I arrive in Omaha, I can book 2 more legs 7 days or more out. Rinse and Repeat.

Please let me know if you have any more questions and I'll be happy to chime in with anything I know from them.

I will throw out there, that when I signed up with them almost a year ago, it was a $100 sign-up fee. I got fed up of waiting, and requested my money back, which they honored their money back guarantee for the sign-up fee.
Ahh yes. Pay $1,000 more a month for last minute bookings. And $500 a month for upto 8 booking. (for west coast)

I guess this could make it viable as a mileage or segment run if you are really hardcore. You could do 8 segments a day for 30 days to get 240 segments total. This would get you top level status with 2 airlines. I think I would want to kill myself after those 30 days however.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 11:05 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by eltoddo22
Ahh yes. Pay $1,000 more a month for last minute bookings. And $500 a month for upto 8 booking. (for west coast)

I guess this could make it viable as a mileage or segment run if you are really hardcore. You could do 8 segments a day for 30 days to get 240 segments total. This would get you top level status with 2 airlines. I think I would want to kill myself after those 30 days however.
But my understanding is that you can only do 4 segments every 7 days, not every day.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by Bonaventure
But my understanding is that you can only do 4 segments every 7 days, not every day.
It seems you can pay $1000 for last minute booking and $500 for 8 segments. See: https://www.onego.com/west-region/
Old Feb 2, 2016, 11:09 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Right, but 8 every 7 days isn't very MR-able. I suppose if you could get TCON same-day turns on weekends this might be useful but it seems to be much more hassle than just snagging cheap seats ourselves.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.