Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Onego unlimited flights. Anyone tried with it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Onego unlimited flights. Anyone tried with it?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2016, 11:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75k, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Bonaventure
Right, but 8 every 7 days isn't very MR-able. I suppose if you could get TCON same-day turns on weekends this might be useful but it seems to be much more hassle than just snagging cheap seats ourselves.
If you add last minute bookings + more reservations think that could potentially allow 8 segments in 1 day. I guess this would require that they have available fare class at last minute. The last minute booking should remove 7 day restraint I believe...
Old Feb 2, 2016, 11:30 pm

Programs: DL ✈️
Not going to spend $2,795.0 for a month of unlimited flying locally, but would love to know if someone dares to see the results.

Sounds like you would need about $93 or more in actual flights every day in order to make it worth it.

To me, it all just sounds like they'll only offer the cheapest flights everyday. Which is basically the same as watching this forum, isn't it?
Old Feb 2, 2016, 11:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'd like to understand the business model here. They're probably getting a small discount from the airlines which will become larger as the volume grows. Beyond that, they must be counting on enough people subscribing to the service and not using it much to compensate for those who use it frequently with relatively expensive tickets.

If it's really all fare classes except Y and B, note that DL M fares and their equivalents on other carriers can be expensive even for short routes; the same is increasingly true for S, H. Q, and K fares on DL.

They're probably also getting some extra money from the way regions are defined so that, for example, travel between MSP and ORD (IIRC about 350 miles) or MSP and DTW (528 miles if DL hasn't remeasured the distance recently) would require the national plan, although these MSP-DTW is hub-to-hub and tends to be expensive.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 12:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75k, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
Please someone do this and fly 240 segments in one month. You will be my hero and legend of the segment run.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 12:39 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, KE Morning Calm, AA Gold
Originally Posted by eltoddo22
Please someone do this and fly 240 segments in one month. You will be my hero and legend of the segment run.
If only I had $3000 to put down on this, I'd love to make an attempt at it. Sure would make for an interesting month.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 12:49 am
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
$100/200 for changes/cancels.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 4:13 am

The T&C also have a clause about not using the service for mileage runs. It should only be for business related purposes. And they retain the right to shut your account down at any time with no refund. I'd try it, but being out 3000 is a bit high of a gamble for my taste.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 9:51 am

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by dleavitt39
Please note I said legs, not trips as they say on their site.
Wow, that's a serious stretch of the definition of 'trip', to say that a 'trip' is a one-way, one segment flight. That's close to fraudulent given any meaningful or industry-standard definition of 'trip'.

It sounds like the exact and precise term for what they mean is 'flight' (if they include one-stop direct flights listed under the same flight number) or 'segment' (if they mean one take-off, one landing). The only reason on earth I can see for them calling it a trip is to confuse people into thinking the plan is more generous.

If they end up booking one round trip airfare OMA-LAS and say it counts as 4 "trips" that is probably class-action material. It's just blatantly redefining trip with a non-standard definition in order to lower the value of the product. <shrug>

Last edited by janetdoe; Feb 3, 2016 at 10:00 am
Old Feb 3, 2016, 12:04 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Since the T&Cs specifically exclude Mileage Runs, I'll move this thread over to the Discussion Forum.

Pat89339
Moderator, Milesge Run Forum
Old Feb 3, 2016, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA Citi Visa and Amex, Citi AA Biz, SPG, Amex Green, Zync, Discover It (Starbucks Gold) HHonors Gold
Oohhh booo!!! I like in Hawaii, so until they include me in West Coast, this will be of no use to me.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by jlienert
The T&C also have a clause about not using the service for mileage runs. It should only be for business related purposes. And they retain the right to shut your account down at any time with no refund. I'd try it, but being out 3000 is a bit high of a gamble for my taste.
This. They don't define mileage runs either, so it becomes "if we don't like it, bye bye"
Old Feb 5, 2016, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
https://www.thrillist.com/travel/nat...y-rate-you-bet
So, how are these guys making any money?
OneGo is banking on a couple of things to make this business model work: first, like the aforementioned buffet, these guys are wagering that most people won't eat all the damn steak/fly more than the value of their membership. Second, they’re hoping to ultimately grow enough to capitalize on economies of scale, and negotiate deep discounts from airlines that fliers couldn’t get themselves.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 7:06 am

Programs: UA Gold, HHonors Diamond
My employer covers all my travel expenses and the pricing is a wash compared to normal a la carte booking. I just signed up for it. For me its a good way to get domestic travel for free without having to dip into my mileage accounts which I prefer to use for international first/biz class flights. Have a bunch of weddings this summer and will be great not to have to pay for airfare out of my own pocket. It actually saves time on the expense process and I don't have to use our concur portal.

So far so good, a very easy interface. Will have to test how changes work. But I am liking the availability! Doing JFK-SFO next week and literally can choose from anyone serving that route. Seat map feature works better with some carriers.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 7:07 am

Why would you need to dip into your mileage accounts if all travel is covered by your employer?
Old Feb 8, 2016, 7:34 am

Programs: UA Gold, HHonors Diamond
To clarify, my employer covers my work travel while I cover my personal travel. With OneGo, my employer now technically covers all of it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.