Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREMIUM FARE GONE] EY/Alitalia MAD-HKT in Business $812 r/t

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREMIUM FARE GONE] EY/Alitalia MAD-HKT in Business $812 r/t

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2016, 3:43 pm

Anyone else want to chime in on the ticket validity debate?
Old Apr 2, 2016, 2:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I am on the phone to Alitalia right now. Explaining how I got a message on my phone about refund + 600 euro voucher. We will see whether they can still offer that or whether I just cancel for a refund with no voucher.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I am on the phone to Alitalia right now. Explaining how I got a message on my phone about refund + 600 euro voucher. We will see whether they can still offer that or whether I just cancel for a refund with no voucher.
So, what happened? Any good news?
Old Apr 27, 2016, 1:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by TerryK
So, what happened? Any good news?
Back and forth a few times with Alitalia Freccia Alata Plus call centre. They kept saying that the voucher is not noted anywhere on the booking and would be something that they see no reason to offer given how little I paid...bla bla... Then one of them offered to call the customer claims or something like that which are the only dept that can authorise that but it was a lost cause...
I just cancelled for full refund today. No voucher, but nevermind as had no intention of going anymore.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 10:34 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Called RU call center today and they have no clue on the voucher. The phone i got a call from on 23 FEB in Italy does not reply as was stated earlier in this thread.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 3:03 pm
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Not only did I get the voucher but I also had a chance to use it already. JFK-FCO roundtrip came out to all of 46 EUR.

A tip for those who succeeded in getting the voucher: make sure you book your tickets (even if originating in the US) on AZ's Italian website so you can pay in EUR. Otherwise the system will charge you in USD and the original value of the 600 EUR voucher appears as a 600 USD discount, meaning you're losing value on the exchange.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 6:38 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

hi,

Did anyone fly this and change dates after the first flight?

I have flown the sectors to Italy, and have a few months break. I tried to change this with KLM yesterday at their ticket office, but they could not really see all the codeshare flights with EY, so they booked me onto the EY flight numbers temporarily.
The problem was because they did not know to which booking class in EY they should map the E class tickets. Currently they just booked me into the C booking class which seems to have the same flexibility as the E class.
They informed me they will check this out if it's possible - told me that they will email me when they hear more.
Strangely checking my ticket today, and i still see it is on the original dates, but with most of the sectors at Aiport control in the status.

I have been trying to avoid calling AZ since I was one who got offered the voucher but did not take up the offer.

Anyone in this same situation?

Cheers!
Old Jun 26, 2016, 9:22 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Were you ticketed on KL/AF stock? The fare does not allow EY coded flights - looks like you can get a lot more flexibility with that ticket desk than you are entitled to
Old Jun 26, 2016, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by Keter
Were you ticketed on KL/AF stock? The fare does not allow EY coded flights - looks like you can get a lot more flexibility with that ticket desk than you are entitled to
No, it is on the AZ stock. Well, as for the changes, they are not yet confirmed. It was just that the agent just no matter in what way pull up the AZ code share flights, it was only EY flights coming up on the system.

I guess I will most probably get the email that I need to call or visit an AZ office. (of course hoping not)

She did say that most probably it's because of limitations of the system for AZ flights (I guess it's just the basic NL-Italy/European flights).

On the other hand - shows you how "seamless" is the SkyTeam alliance in this point.

Cheers!
Old Jul 2, 2016, 4:48 am

Just to update:
seems that I am back to square 1. I did not get any information further on this from KLM. The dates are still the same. Will need to go to an AZ desk to get this done.

Cheers!
Old Jul 5, 2016, 4:48 am

Just got a notification from MyFlightsApp that there was a change.. My EY operated flights are now reading Shuttle service instead of Business

Same on virtuallythere.com, but on etihad.com with their PNR, it shows business. The hell..
Old Jul 5, 2016, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Just got a notification from MyFlightsApp that there was a change.. My EY operated flights are now reading Shuttle service instead of Business

Same on virtuallythere.com, but on etihad.com with their PNR, it shows business. The hell..
Shuttle service? What do you mean? You mean you have been downgraded to Economy?
Old Jul 5, 2016, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Shuttle service? What do you mean? You mean you have been downgraded to Economy?
I don't think I've been downgraded...

Virtuallythere.com showing:

Etihad.com showing:
Old Feb 27, 2017, 1:14 pm

Completed

Hi,

Sorry to bring this up again, but just wanted to say after more than a year of getting this tix, I finally completed the whole circuit without any glitches and managed to change the ticket as per fare rules the past weekend.
Everything credited nicely where possible to FB and EY program.
Nice ending was a nice upgrade to First on the AUH-MXP operated flight (completes my experience on both type of F-class on EY).

Lounge @ HKT was terrible and transit @ AUH is still a zoo compared to DOH. FCO is too me still a dump with the old AZ lounge spruced up slightly but still terrible and worst of all is the distance of the lounge from the B-gates.

Service on both AZ and EY are very comparable, but surprisingly I prefer the hard material of AZ (on all points) and service surprisingly comparable between EY and AZ. Too bad with all the big improvements @ AZ (positive), with the current financial and staff situation, I am afraid it will not last.

Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.