Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

MR DL ANC connection time question

Old Oct 6, 2015, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

Hi FT,

I'm planning my first mileage run and searched for information on a tight connection in ANC and didn't find a definitive answer. Is 45 minutes enough time to get from the SEA-ANC at 2:15pm to the ANC-SEA flight at 3:00pm. I think it would be the same metal but don't know how to confirm this. This is on DL.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 1:01 am

Programs: DL Diamond 2MM, Emirates Silver
You will be on the same plane coming back...no worries. Have done MR where I get off the plane in Austin, go to restroom, wait a few minutes and than re-board same aircraft. You can go to http://flightaware.com/ and plug in the flight info and than click on "Track". You can click on "track inbound flight" and it will show you where the aircraft is coming from.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Thanks infusegm. I checked flightware and didn't see the inbound flight but I'll look more tonight. It seems like the MR should be pretty straightforward.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 12:25 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, former AA EXP, AS Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plat.
For a Delta quick changeover in ANC you probably will be okay, as the outbound plane is likely the same as the inbound. Check the gate # for arrival and departing ANC flights day-of in FlightAware or the Delta app -- this may give you some added reassurance. Delta flights arrive and leave from the same part of the terminal.

If you were flying AS I would be more wary as their service is much more frequent and would probably be a different aircraft.

Delta is very good at IRROPS as well, so you should be covered.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Global Entry, etc...
I did a MR to ANC on United a couple of years ago and it was very easy. Airport is reasonably sized, so you should be fine. I almost had too much time!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.