Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ua ewr-eug first class $391rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Ua ewr-eug first class $391rt

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2015, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
i booked mine via DEN but i think i will cancel it. it's a sad day when a $304 SMF-PHL coach fare from DL gets me thinking versus a $390 F fare on UA. but all told, i'd rather not position to EUG for UA's mediocre F product when i can get straight out of here for $304. i'll put the $85+positioning savings toward a UFC, or at least pay up to C+.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
It now looks to be gone!

where can i find the fare rules?

Last edited by yuel; Sep 24, 2015 at 7:37 pm
Old Sep 24, 2015, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
i booked mine via DEN but i think i will cancel it. it's a sad day when a $304 SMF-PHL coach fare from DL gets me thinking versus a $390 F fare on UA. but all told, i'd rather not position to EUG for UA's mediocre F product when i can get straight out of here for $304. i'll put the $85+positioning savings toward a UFC, or at least pay up to C+.
medicore F product on SFO-EWR? I've heard good things.... for 390USD, especially. Lie-flats!
Old Sep 24, 2015, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Originally Posted by Smiley90
medicore F product on SFO-EWR? I've heard good things.... for 390USD, especially. Lie-flats!
There's also usually a one a day 752 with lie-flats to DEN.. Non-PS, of course, but still better than any AA product EWR-DEN that I've flown (Never flown DL).

I was able to include that specific flight on my first view of this deal, but not on the one I eventually booked.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Can't find it
Old Sep 24, 2015, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Booked this Dec 3-4 earlier today through DEN with the lie flats for the outbound from EWR. 7804 or 5cpm for EQMs. It booked into A on all flights. 175 from DEN to EUG. I used google then booked direct from UA. Anyone gonna be with me?

Thu, 03DEC15 UA282 A NEWARK, NJ
(EWR - LIBERTY) 7:53 AM DENVER, CO
(DEN) 10:20 AM 757-200 Breakfast
Thu, 03DEC15 UA6473 A DENVER, CO
(DEN) 11:15 AM EUGENE, OR
(EUG) 1:19 PM Lunch
Flight operated by SKYWEST AIRLINES doing business as UNITED EXPRESS.
Fri, 04DEC15 UA6391 A EUGENE, OR
(EUG) 5:30 AM DENVER, CO
(DEN) 9:11 AM Breakfast
Fri, 04DEC15 UA1551 A DENVER, CO
(DEN) 12:42 PM NEWARK, NJ
(EWR - LIBERTY) 6:28 PM
Old Sep 24, 2015, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by txaggiemiles
Booked this Dec 3-4 earlier today through DEN with the lie flats for the outbound from EWR. 7804 or 5cpm for EQMs. It booked into A on all flights. 175 from DEN to EUG. I used google then booked direct from UA. Anyone gonna be with me?

Thu, 03DEC15 UA282 A NEWARK, NJ
(EWR - LIBERTY) 7:53 AM DENVER, CO
(DEN) 10:20 AM 757-200 Breakfast
Thu, 03DEC15 UA6473 A DENVER, CO
(DEN) 11:15 AM EUGENE, OR
(EUG) 1:19 PM Lunch
Fri, 04DEC15 UA6391 A EUGENE, OR
(EUG) 5:30 AM DENVER, CO
(DEN) 9:11 AM Breakfast
Fri, 04DEC15 UA1551 A DENVER, CO
(DEN) 12:42 PM NEWARK, NJ
(EWR - LIBERTY) 6:28 PM
haha I'm flying Dec 3 as well.... but EUG-SFO-EWR, so different connection AND direction lol
Old Sep 24, 2015, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BThumme
Can't find it
It's dead. I'm sure Mods will edit title.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 10:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Smiley90
haha I'm flying Dec 3 as well.... but EUG-SFO-EWR, so different connection AND direction lol

Darn! I'll wave as we pass flying the friendly skies.

Never been to Eugene so any suggestions for a 12 hour stay appreciated.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Darn - missed it by a couple of hours!
After all this was not listed in the premium fare section, I check on a regular basis.
Happy travels to all lucky guys, who got in!
Old Sep 25, 2015, 3:41 am

Programs: Play with them all, cherish a few
Couldn't agree with you more. I was toying with this yesterday afternoon when it was wide open through EOS, EWR-SFO (C) / SFO-EUG (Y). At least from a UA/MP perspective, RDM earned was a pittance and - as a stickler for a single seat - UAs transcon service is somewhat meh vs. DL/AA/B6. Central OR is great for a nature vacation, especially if you move out to the coast, but unless you're a die-hard Ducks fan EUG doesn't have a heck of a lot to do. For those that live in Central OR and were planning for a NYC holiday, those that have a more generous FF plan, and those coming from NYC who might 'miss' their connection and were looking to get to SFO on the cheap it was a golden opportunity. As they say, one man's garbage is another man's treasure.

Thanks for sharing OP!
Old Sep 25, 2015, 6:32 am

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
great error fare. fully refundable it appears. SFO dries up outside of October, but DEN readily available to EOS. nice find, booking one now for May 2016.
Do you have the fare rules on the cancellation policy?
Old Sep 25, 2015, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by Jordancl
remaining sept and early oct

way fewer right now then 10 minutes ago.

Happened to have just landed in NY for a wedding tmrw with no flight booked home (sfo) yet so this was super useful!
Spoke too soon. Work called with an emergency in NJ and they want me to stay into next week. My saturday trip is getting cancelled Crappppppp

However, my fiance will still travel on hers, and i'll bring her luggage back with me. Lucky duck.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by yuel
Do you have the fare rules on the cancellation policy?
i did not save the fare rules, but if you know anyone with an expert flyer membership, they can help you reference back to them as EF has access to that historical data. the rules when i read them were written as if it was a fully refundable ticket.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i did not save the fare rules, but if you know anyone with an expert flyer membership, they can help you reference back to them as EF has access to that historical data. the rules when i read them were written as if it was a fully refundable ticket.
Amex travel also has them, wall of text, try and figure the essential info out yourself

CANCELLATIONS BEFORE DEPARTURE CANCELLATIONS PERMITTED. NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING. -- EXCHANGE - CHANGE TO 1ST TICKETED FLIGHT / WHOLLY UNUSED TICKET -- RESIDUAL VALUE MAY BE REFUNDED OR APPLIED TOWARD PURCHASE OF NEW TICKET AT CURRENT FARE LEVELS ANY DIFFERENCE IN FARE / TAX COLLECTED/REFUNDED AT TIME OF TICKET EXCHANGE. -- TICKETS MUST BE REISSUED WHEN ANY VOLUNTARY CHANGE IS MADE. . 1. WHOLLY UNUSED TICKETS - CHANGES TO ORIGINATING FLIGHT - -- TAG 5--REPRICE USING CURRENT QUALIFYING FARES IN EFFECT TODAY. -- NO CHARGE OR HIGHEST FEE OF ONLY CHANGED FARE COMPONENTS. ONLY CHARGE ONE FEE FOR ONLY CHANGED FARE COMPONENTS IF CHANGED FARE COMPONENTS HAVE A FEE TO CHARGE. -- 1. ANY CARRIER FARES ARE USED 2. ADV RES IS MEASURED FROM REISSUE DATE TO DEPARTURE OF PRICING UNIT 3. TKT REISSUE RESTRICTED TO UA OR ANY CARRIER -- WHEN CHANGE RESULTS IN FARE DIFFERENCE -- -- REFUND RESIDUAL VIA ORIGINAL FORM OF PAYMENT ADD-COLLECT FARE DIFFERENCE IF ANY // CHANGE FEE WHEN APPLICABLE -- AFTER DEPARTURE CANCELLATIONS PERMITTED. NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING. --CALCULATE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FARE PAID AND QUALIFYING FARE FOR TRAVEL COMPLETE USING FARES OF ORIGINAL TICKET DATE / REFUND RESIDUAL VALUE IF ANY TO ORIGINAL FORM OF PAYMENT. NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING. - TICKETS MUST BE REISSUED WHEN ANY VOLUNTARY CHANGE IS MADE. . ---- WHEN REFUNDABLE FARES ARE COMBINED ON A HALF ROUND TRIP BASIS WITH PENALTY OR RESTRICTED FARES TO FORM A RT/CT/OJ ITINERARY THE MOST RESTRICTIVE PROVISIONS WILL APPLY. EXCEPTION - FARES COMBINED END-ON-END ON THE TICKET//IE FARES THAT COULD STAND ALONE IF ISSUED ON A SEPARATE TICKET// MAY BE CHANGED SEPARATELY. CHANGES BEFORE DEPARTURE CHANGES PERMITTED. NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING. -- ------------------------------- --

BEFORE DEPARTURE OF JOURNEY AND WITHIN TICKET VALIDITY CERTAIN DOMESTIC REISSUE PROVOSIONS MAY BE OVERRIDDEN BY THOSE OF UA INTERNATIONAL FARES. -- NO CHARGE -- OR HIGHEST FEE OF ONLY CHANGED FARE COMPONENT/S/ WITHIN JOURNEY. -- ONLY ONE FEE IS CHARGED FOR CHANGED FARE COMPONENT/S/ IF FARE RULE NOTES CHANGE FEE. -- TAG 1 - DOWNLINE DATE / FLIGHT CHANGE SAME BOOKING CODE / KEEP THE FARE -- REPRICE USING CURRENTLY TICKETED/HISTORICAL FARE-- PROVIDED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE MET - -- 1. NO CHANGE TO 1ST FLIGHT COUPON/FARE BREAKS 2. ALL TRAVEL REMAINS DOMESTIC 3. SAME UA FARE USED 4. ALL RULE AND BOOKING CODE PROVISIONS ARE MET 5. VALIDATE ADVANCE RES/TICKETING FROM ORIGINAL TICKET DATE TO DEPARTURE OF PRICING UNIT 6. TKT REISSUE RESTRICTED TO UA OR ANY CARRIER -- WHEN CHANGE RESULTS IN FARE DIFFERENCE-- -- REFUND RESIDUAL VIA ORIGINAL FORM OF PAYMENT ADD-COLLECT FARE DIFFERENCE IF ANY / CHANGE FEE WHEN APPLICABLE -- ENDORSEMENT BOX - HIGHER NON-REF AMT AND NEW ENDORSEMENTS. -- TAG 10 -- FARE BREAKS PERMITTED A. CHANGED FARE COMPONENTS USE FARE IN EFFECT TODAY. B. ALL OTHERS USE CURRENTLY TKTD FARES. PROVIDED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE MET - 1. ANY CARRIER FARES ARE USED 2. TRAVEL IS DOMESTIC 3. ALL RULE AND BOOKING CODE PROVISIONS ARE MET 4. ADVANCE RES IS MEASURED FROM NEW TKT ISSUED DATE IF CURRENT FARES/FROM PREVIOUS TKT ISSUE DATE IF HISTORICAL FARES TO DEPARTURE OF PRICING UNIT 5. TKT REISSUE RESTRICTED TO UA OR ANY CARRIER -- WHEN CHANGE RESULTS IN FARE DIFFERENCE-- -- REFUND RESIDUAL VIA ORIGINAL FORM OF PAYMENT ADD-COLLECT FARE DIFFERENCE IF ANY // CHANGE FEE WHEN APPLICABLE -- ENDORSEMENT BOX - HIGHER NON-REF AMT AND NEW ENDORSEMENTS. -- --------------------------------

AFTER DEPARTURE CHANGES PERMITTED. NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING. -- AFTER DEPARTURE OF JOURNEY AND WITHIN TICKET VALIDITY CERTAIN DOMESTIC REISSUE PROVISIONS MAY BE OVERRIDDEN BY THOSE OF UA INTERNATIONAL FARES. -- NO CHARGE -- OR HIGHEST FEE OF ANY CHANGED FARE COMPONENT WITHIN JOURNEY - --ONLY ONE CHANGE FEE CHARGED FOR CHANGED FARE COMPONENT/S/ ONLY IF FARE RULE NOTES A CHANGE FEE IS TO BE CHARGED FOR CHANGE. -- TAG 1 - REPRICE USING CURRENLTY TICKETED / HISTORICAL FARES. DOWNLINE DATE / FLIGHT CHANGE SAME BOOKING CODE / KEEP THE FARE -- PROVIDED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE MET- 1. NO CHANGE TO FARE BREAKS 2. ALL TRAVEL REMAINS DOMESTIC 3. FULLY FLOWN FARE NOT REPRICED TO FURTHER POINT 4. UA FARES ARE USED 5. ALL RULE AND BOOKING CODE PROVISIONS ARE MET 6. ADV RES IS MEASURED FROM ORIGINAL TKT DATE TO DEPARTURE OF PRICING UNIT 7. TKT REISSUE RESTRICTED TO UA OR ANY CARRIER -- TAG 9 -- FARE BREAK CHANGE PERMITTED -- A. FULLY FLOWN FARE COMPONENTS USE FARES IN EFFECT WHEN TKT WAS ISSUED B. ALL OTHERS USE FARES IN EFFECT TODAY PROVIDED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE MET- 1. NO CHANGE TO FARE BREAKS OF FULLY FLOWN FARE COMPONENTS 2. ALL TRAVEL REMAINS DOMESTIC 4. FULLY FLOWN FARE NOT REPRICED TO FURTHER POINT 5. UA FARES ARE USED 6. ALL RULE AND BOOKING CODE PROVISIONS ARE MET 7. ADV RES IS MEASURED FROM ORIGINAL TKT DATE IF CURRENT FARES ARE USED/FROM PREVIOUS TKT DATE IF HISTORICAL FARES TO DEPARTURE OF PRICING UNIT 9. TKT REISSUE RESDTRICTED UA UA OR ANY CARRIER -- OR - -- TAG10 - FARE BREAK CHANGE PERMITTED A. CHANGED FARE COMPONENETS USE FARE IN EFFECT TODAY. B. ALL OTHERS USE CURRENTLY TKTD FARE. PROVIDED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE MET- 1. NO CHANGE TO FARE BREAKS UP TO THE FIRST CHANGED FARE COMPONENT 2. ALL TRAVEL REMAINS DOMESTIC 3. FULLY FLOWN FARE NOT REPRICED TO FURTHER POINT 4. ANY CARRIER FARES ARE USED 5. ALL RULE AND BOOKING CODE PROVISIONS ARE MET 6. ADV RES IS MEASURED FROM NEW TKT ISSUE DATE IF CURRENT FARES/FROM PREVIOUS TKT ISSUE DATE IF HISTORICAL FARES TO DEPARTURE OF PRICING UNIT 7. TKT REISSUE RESTRICTED TO UA OR ANY CARRIER -- --

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.