Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Aa mileage run from BNA/ORD/DFW/CLT

Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold

I'm at 83,635 EQM, so need 16,365 more for EXP. I will probably get 5k EQM from the Barclays Silver Aviator, but would like to rack up as many EQMs in an MR as I can.

I'm based out of BNA, and strongly prefer to originate any MRs from there, but can be flexible given that BNA isn't so great. ORD, DFW and CLT would work since I can get to them for 4500 Avios and there's plenty of availability. I was looking at GRU but it's just too much $ for the next month or two from BNA.

I need to travel on weekends, and the sooner, the better. I've searched ITA and Kayak to no avail. Any leads/thoughts?

Edit: Forgot to mention same-day turns are best.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP
BNA-DFW-HNL-DFW-BNA is pricing out at about $718 with a same-day turn; depart 9/11 and get home 9/12. Only nets you about 8,800 miles though... Both Long flights are on the 767. I'm based at ORD so I'm always looking for fares from there; JNB and CPT have been right around $1,000. Nets you about 20,000 miles if I remember correctly.. Its a long haul though

Last edited by FlyingLaw; Aug 28, 2015 at 6:14 pm Reason: Forgot Dates
Old Sep 1, 2015, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingLaw
BNA-DFW-HNL-DFW-BNA is pricing out at about $718 with a same-day turn; depart 9/11 and get home 9/12. Only nets you about 8,800 miles though... Both Long flights are on the 767. I'm based at ORD so I'm always looking for fares from there; JNB and CPT have been right around $1,000. Nets you about 20,000 miles if I remember correctly.. Its a long haul though
I don't think the HNL one is worth it for me. Holding a couple of Bogota runs until tonight but I don't think those are worth it either. I'll look into the JNB/CPT options; I have some AA gift certificates I can use to reduce the cost.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
The ITA is showing $600/$700 DFW-HKG-DFW, scattered dates for the next few months. http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=DFW-HKG-DFW That would be about right, especially if you start or end in BNA, and do the Avios booking just one way. Long long haul, but the MCE is doable on the 777-300, and you get to go to The Wing!
Old Sep 3, 2015, 11:49 am
Original Poster

This is a continual frustration, hours and hours spent in the past few days trying to find a suitable fare that works for a same day turn, with suitable mileage, and no luck. So close yet so far...
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:27 am
Original Poster

I finally booked something - BNA-DFW-LAX-MIA-GRU-MIA-LAX-DFW-BNA with a 1h45m turnaround in GRU, 9/19-9/21, for $852 and change. 16560 EQM at 5.15 cpm, putting me at 100,195 EQM for the year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.