Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] (First): BA, AA : PRG - CUN or MEX $799

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] (First): BA, AA : PRG - CUN or MEX $799

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2015, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by pedrogonzalez
Mine is ticketed with all sectors and seats assigned Maybe it survived, because first TATL sector is in Y (return leg is A) ...?
They will probably seat you in Y for your whole trip
Old Sep 2, 2015, 4:21 am

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BobbySteel
Is there anything special about your route or booking? Must have slipped through the cracks...

Nope, straight forward booking just like my other one that got cancelled over at BA. Odd.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 6:17 am

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
All my 3 tickets as last described have not changed. 1 canceled, 1 intact, another with a leg missing. I received an email at my address not normally associated with AA saying that the missing-leg flight was canceled - the dates and routes do not match my travel, although when I log in my name is on it (on the vanished "canceled" page). Looks like they made a new PNR for his "twin" version of the flight, and canceled that.

Clearly this was all done manually. Some stuff is slipping through the cracks (no refunds on any of them BTW). Maybe intentionally? I am in wait-and-see mode as DOT complaint, credit card, and AA start settling down. If I have a ticket number and PNR, they have to fly me if I show up. Right?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 6:23 am

This is kind of amusing.. I mean, how badly BA is handling the whole thing..
Old Sep 2, 2015, 6:29 am

Is DOT complaint only for people who live in the US?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by ottorockit
Is DOT complaint only for people who live in the US?
No, anyone can complain to the DOT.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 7:50 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
[Funny mod] I would say that, having seen the last EFs and how BA dealt with the issue, it has become comparable to AZ, except for the fact that AZ at least is more available to honor its EFs.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 10:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
I'm still seeing my res in Orbitz strangely...
Old Sep 2, 2015, 10:42 am

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Mine was just cancelled. Weirdly enough, the email came from BA even though I booked with AA.. Odd.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 10:55 am

This just arrived from BA - prompt eh?

Dear Customer,

We are very sorry to advise that it has come to our attention that for a short period of time there was a manifest pricing error for First class seats from Prague. As such, your recent booking was concluded on the basis of the invalid fare and therefore your ticket is not valid for travel and will be refunded.

We don't underestimate the disappointment this will cause you and would like to offer our sincere apologies for this error. The correct prices have now been reinstated and should you wish to rebook your journey, please go to ba.com or contact your local team at ba.com/contactus who would be happy to help you.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies.

British Airways Customer Service
Old Sep 2, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I just got yet another "manifest pricing error for First class seats" email from BA...
Old Sep 2, 2015, 3:42 pm

Programs: Miles & More, FlyingBlue, Iberia Plus Gold
Just received the refund from AA for this one. Funnily enough it is showing as a negative amount just as the original charge. However the two amounts seem to cancel out when checking the card balance. First time I see this for a refund, must be a bug from my bank.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 3:27 am

Programs: OK Plus
Question

Any advice how to proceed further?

I have booked via aa.com on Thursday late afternoon, tickets issued promptly money taken off the credit card. All flights on AA numbers, ticket issued on AA stock (001)
Checking the reservation online this Monday morning I realized it has been cancelled. Later this week the status has been changed from "cancelled" to "ticketed", however without any segments and booking classes shown.

Other than the initail mail ticket with tickets issued, there has been NO written or verbal communication from AA. No explanation, no apology and - above all - as of yet no refund.

Last edited by LKHK; Sep 3, 2015 at 3:34 am
Old Sep 3, 2015, 5:12 am

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
Originally Posted by LKHK
Any advice how to proceed further?

I have booked via aa.com on Thursday late afternoon, tickets issued promptly money taken off the credit card. All flights on AA numbers, ticket issued on AA stock (001)
Checking the reservation online this Monday morning I realized it has been cancelled. Later this week the status has been changed from "cancelled" to "ticketed", however without any segments and booking classes shown.

Other than the initial mail ticket with tickets issued, there has been NO written or verbal communication from AA. No explanation, no apology and - above all - as of yet no refund.
DOT complaint: http://airconsumer.dot.gov/escomplaint/ConsumerForm.cfm

You are in the same boat as many of us, review the thread. I have one ticket that is in this status. Their email of 1 Sept (posted above in the thread) said "Your refund should appear with your credit card company within seven (7) days." Nothing is set yet.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 5:52 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by Wollstonecraft
DOT complaint: http://airconsumer.dot.gov/escomplaint/ConsumerForm.cfm

You are in the same boat as many of us, review the thread. I have one ticket that is in this status. Their email of 1 Sept (posted above in the thread) said "Your refund should appear with your credit card company within seven (7) days." Nothing is set yet.
Having seen the Great Dane issue (and how the DOT dealt with it), unfortunately I don't think the DOT will help you to enforce anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.