Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] (First): BA, AA : PRG - CUN or MEX $799

[PREM FARE GONE] (First): BA, AA : PRG - CUN or MEX $799

Old Aug 30, 2015, 6:19 pm

Programs: LH*HON, UA*1K,
Hey Mates!
usually I only write in the german board. However I was the first over there to mention that the booking was cancelled.
To keep you informed: I called them. The agend was reading loud:" umm ahh cancelled, cancelled, cancelled due toooo ah wrong fare...." She put me on Hold and after 5 min she said my booking was reinstated. I checked and it was.
She put a notice on so they don't cancel again. (thats what she said) I asked her:" will I be able to fly this Friday on this Ticket?" She said:" Yes Sir you will be for sure".
After 30 min it was cancelled again... so I had to call. This time she excused somehow and said they give me a refund. I Said that I want to fly this ticket. I even purchased it at their hotline so it was issued by human! She did not answer any further questions.
I know its dirty but if and I will check I can put them to a german court. Their chances are not the best to win this, to many mistakes. Wont be to easy to excuse that!
I think tomorrow we maybe will have an official answer or statement - consider its sunday.

Greetings from Berlin
Old Aug 30, 2015, 6:20 pm

Programs: Starwood Plat, AA EXP
Yep, mine shows up as cancelled now too. Bummer. :-/ No notification or communication from them, but as I had it booked for March, not a disaster.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 6:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by DrSE
Hey Mates!
usually I only write in the german board. However I was the first over there to mention that the booking was cancelled.
To keep you informed: I called them. The agend was reading loud:" umm ahh cancelled, cancelled, cancelled due toooo ah wrong fare...." She put me on Hold and after 5 min she said my booking was reinstated. I checked and it was.
She put a notice on so they don't cancel again. (thats what she said) I asked her:" will I be able to fly this Friday on this Ticket?" She said:" Yes Sir you will be for sure".
After 30 min it was cancelled again... so I had to call. This time she excused somehow and said they give me a refund. I Said that I want to fly this ticket. I even purchased it at their hotline so it was issued by human! She did not answer any further questions.
I know its dirty but if and I will check I can put them to a german court. Their chances are not the best to win this, to many mistakes. Wont be to easy to excuse that!
I think tomorrow we maybe will have an official answer or statement - consider its sunday.

Greetings from Berlin
Why you called to purchase this ticket?
Old Aug 30, 2015, 6:43 pm

Programs: LH*HON, UA*1K,
Originally Posted by lewende
Why you called to purchase this ticket?
MY CC was declined so it was put on Hold, I had already given up but then I just called provided another CC and they Issued. Thats the first super stupid. Tbh which agent Issues a FC-Ticket for 747 Euro and she mentioned the price 3x and I am sure they know that Euro is not to far from USD its not a small currency where one could say: okay they don't need to know every exchangerate.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Mine disappeared too at some point today, no notice. 001 ticket, BA flights with AA codeshare numbers. Hmm next course of action...
Old Aug 30, 2015, 8:14 pm

Another data point. My ticket on AA stock is canceled now.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Cancelled
Old Aug 30, 2015, 11:27 pm

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Cancelled
Cancelled here too. My Oct booking is gone
Old Aug 30, 2015, 11:44 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Cancelled after 4 days... With no email... Straight out of ba's playbook! Pretty weak show AA! Lets see what the excuse is as there was no site manipulation on this fare!

Last edited by kauppias; Aug 31, 2015 at 12:29 am
Old Aug 31, 2015, 12:57 am

Programs: Miles & More, FlyingBlue, Iberia Plus Gold
Cancelled here too. No e-mail.

Not happy with this one as I just booked the positioning flight given the facts several people flew it already and scarce availability for the positioning.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 1:01 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / OWE
Same here - cancelled
Old Aug 31, 2015, 1:08 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by tymoon25
Cancelled here too. No e-mail.

Not happy with this one as I just booked the positioning flight given the facts several people flew it already and scarce availability for the positioning.
I did too, since days passed and AA SAID THEY would honor...

Since this fare did not require any tricks by customers so intresting that they followed BA...
Old Aug 31, 2015, 1:12 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Yep - my AA reservation canceled, too.

Well, nice try - it was worth trying, anyway
Old Aug 31, 2015, 1:19 am

Programs: Miles & More, FlyingBlue, Iberia Plus Gold
Originally Posted by kauppias
I did too, since days passed and AA SAID THEY would honor...

Since this fare did not require any tricks by customers so intresting that they followed BA...
Well lesson learned from this & Brazilian case: DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT AA SAYS
Old Aug 31, 2015, 1:22 am

Programs: TK*G (Elite+)
This is ridiculous what they are doing. Mine AA ticket also cancelled without any e-mail notification. Called AA, was informed that this was due to an error fare. No apology, nothing! Rude agent, when I said it's ridiculous she stated that fare was ridiculous...

As it was mentioned in the other thread, this gave carte blanche to any airline to cancel any ticket, at ANY time. They can always say that it was a mistake.

Last edited by sinus; Aug 31, 2015 at 2:06 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.