Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] (First): BA, AA : PRG - CUN or MEX $799

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] (First): BA, AA : PRG - CUN or MEX $799

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
Originally Posted by jms_uk
He means that his booking hasn't been cancelled [still live].
Thank you! now I get it!
Still suffering for the loss of not grabbing it on time
Old Aug 29, 2015, 10:41 pm

Programs: ROP*P, Air Berlin*G, HH*Diamond, Marriott*P, Accord*P, SPG*G, Club Carlson*G, IHG*G
Any one have experience to check the baggage through difference destination?
I have ticket on MEX-MIA-LHR-PRG
But i will buy another ticket from LHR-AMS (On BA)
Can i check through the bag from MEX-MIA-LHR(Current ticket) -AMS (New ticket)?
Old Aug 30, 2015, 12:18 am

Programs: BA gold, Hilton Diamond
No you can't. Luggage will be checked through to Prague
Old Aug 30, 2015, 1:09 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by analyzer
Any one have experience to check the baggage through difference destination?
I have ticket on MEX-MIA-LHR-PRG
But i will buy another ticket from LHR-AMS (On BA)
Can i check through the bag from MEX-MIA-LHR(Current ticket) -AMS (New ticket)?
I've got the same routing. When you're flying? There is 18:00 flight from PRG to AMS on KLM. I'm buying PRG AMS PRG, so the ticket is cheaper and just don't use the last part of the KL ticket. Unfurtunatly from AMs to PRG the best connection is on Easyjet
Old Aug 30, 2015, 1:55 am

Programs: ROP*P, Air Berlin*G, HH*Diamond, Marriott*P, Accord*P, SPG*G, Club Carlson*G, IHG*G
prg-ams

Originally Posted by kevinflyaway
I've got the same routing. When you're flying? There is 18:00 flight from PRG to AMS on KLM. I'm buying PRG AMS PRG, so the ticket is cheaper and just don't use the last part of the KL ticket. Unfurtunatly from AMs to PRG the best connection is on Easyjet
i will fly from prg-ams on 23 Sep, how about yourself?
in this case can i can check baggage through from mex-mia-lhr-prg-ams(via klm)?
Old Aug 30, 2015, 2:22 am

i will fly from prg-ams on 23 Sep, how about yourself?
No, you will need to collect your bags in PRG, and then check them in with klm
Old Aug 30, 2015, 2:23 am

Most likely, not.
Last carrier is the one responsible in case of delayed/lost/damaged luggage. Not being on a single itinerary, KL would need to face any problem caused by BA/AA

That's why airlines kinda agreed not to do this self-connection stuff.
Then you always find an agent who may not follow the rules,but in the U.S. they are usually pretty strict about this
Old Aug 30, 2015, 2:43 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
O, i'm actually coming from CUN, but rest is the same. Also on the 772 from MIA.

I'm flying out the 29th of October and back on the 2nd of November. Wanted to do a mileage run. Unfurtunatly when selecting the BA 787 flight to CUN (via PHL) I got stuck in Y

Rest is all in business or first.

But there are some bad connections with KL in PRG
Old Aug 30, 2015, 7:45 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kevinflyaway

I am starting my journey in AMS as well. What's the best option to fly to PRG? I assume one needs to arrive the night before. The cheapest option for the latest departure I've found is Smartwings @ 7:45 pm (operated by CZ). Anyone have experience with this service/airline?

Edited to add: BRU also seems to have cheap flights; actually more than AMS. And since I will be in the Rotterdam area, this might be a better option for me.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Far Siren
I am starting my journey in AMS as well. What's the best option to fly to PRG? I assume one needs to arrive the night before. The cheapest option for the latest departure I've found is Smartwings @ 7:45 pm (operated by CZ). Anyone have experience with this service/airline?

Edited to add: BRU also seems to have cheap flights; actually more than AMS. And since I will be in the Rotterdam area, this might be a better option for me.
Good point, haven't thought about that. From Rotterdam myself

I've got a 3 o'clock departure from PRG so KLM only option is at 06:55 in the morning :s I might take Easyjet from AMS. Only €40,-
Old Aug 30, 2015, 11:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
In prague now, flew from varna on smartwings. The flight was ok, seats pretty standard for short haul and landed 15 mins early. Soft drinks and a sandwich was served (although it says in the inflight mag this is only for charter flights).
Old Aug 30, 2015, 2:08 pm

Programs: OK Plus
What are your travel dates?
Old Aug 30, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by englisha
In prague now, flew from varna on smartwings. The flight was ok, seats pretty standard for short haul and landed 15 mins early. Soft drinks and a sandwich was served (although it says in the inflight mag this is only for charter flights).
with an AA issued ticket I hope! Have a great trip.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 2:50 pm

Am travelling PRG-LHR-BOS-PHL-CUN-JFK-LHR-PRG (if aa does not decide to cancel)
On aa.com my PHL-CUN shows a flight time of 5 hours, whereas my CUN-JFK leg is around 3hrs. 5 hours seems long to me, 3 hours very short. What will be the approx flight time?

Living in the south of the Netherlands (Brabant) am also looking for positioning flights. Will probably position from AMS on the outbound (easyJet) and to BRU on the inbound (Brussels Airlines), as my inbound from LHR lands at 1:50pm and the only flight back to AMS scheduled reasonably after that is Czech airlines, who are not the cheapest option
Old Aug 30, 2015, 2:58 pm

I got a ticket from AA that is still active. When the tickets will be honnorored I will be more then happy, but how is this possible:

When booking I clicked on the row with 1st class tickets. On my way to MEX I got J + F + J booking.

But on my way back to PRG I got J + Y (for the 7 hour segment) + J.
The Y segment is the ORD - LHR segment.

4 bussiness class tickets, 1 first and one in Y is a no brainer for less then 700 euro's. So I did booked it right away because I knew time was ticking.

But the question is, when you really pay that much amouth of money and you don't know about classes witch to select, how can you expect you will be stucked in Y when there is minumum a class J on that plane when you book a ticket first class in the system and have to pay over 7000 euro's??

After the error fare I tried it again, and still the class Y showes up in some of the booking selections.

Is this normal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.