Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) BA/CX/MH F: FRA-KUL, route via HKG and/or SIN, ~$1,300

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2015, 7:30 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by BA Play Fare
Hi all. I purchased a ticket and initially had it cancelled. After many phone calls this week I managed to break through the customer service wall and speak to people who could do more than read from a script. Been told in principle my ticket will be reinstated.. Will have to wait and see. Whatever chain of events occurred it doesn't seem like there was a mistake that would allow BA to cancel.

Good luck to anyone else who pursues this.
Hi if you don't mind me asking did you book directly through BA or through an OTA?

I have booked through an OTA and every time I try to have discuss this with them even after escalation I seem to be talking to someone who can do nothing but read from the same script.

I know I'm likely not going to get anywhere but after the way this has been handled I do feel like kicking up some sort of fuss rather than just do nothing but the OTA just shoves all the blame onto BA and I'm sure if I contact BA directly they'll say I have to talk to my OTA.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 7:44 am

After many phone calls this week I managed to break through the customer service wall and speak to people who could do more than read from a script.
Wish airline could have the power to ban stalkers flying with them.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 12:27 am

Programs: QFF WP, VA SG, Hhonors Diamond
My booking is showing as cancelled, but no refund and no email. Seems to me they should be honouring this one to me.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 1:04 am

Hi all. I purchased a ticket and initially had it cancelled. After many phone calls this week I managed to break through the customer service wall and speak to people who could do more than read from a script. Been told in principle my ticket will be reinstated.. Will have to wait and see. Whatever chain of events occurred it doesn't seem like there was a mistake that would allow BA to cancel.

Good luck to anyone else who pursues this.

So did they reinstate it?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Money not yet refunded into my credit card
Old Sep 1, 2015, 12:59 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, SQ Krisflyer
Refund came thru, from BA Germany (while payment was done thru BA Spain). Total loss - SGD $25 due to currency fluctuations.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 1:31 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

My EUR transaction was handled the same way... but without any currency differences.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 1:47 am

Programs: LH
Refund posted today, day 9, after I have disputed charge to the CC.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 2:08 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Cargoguy
So did they reinstate it?
I am awaiting a call back from their dedicated team, seems nothing is easy with BA. It was a ticket bought directly on BA.com. Not sure what the stalker comment above means??
Old Sep 1, 2015, 2:11 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I am awaiting a call back from their dedicated team, seems nothing is easy with BA. It was a ticket bought directly on BA.com. Not sure what the stalker comment above means??
By chance was BA's actual words "dedicated team"? I got exactly that line from a very helpful agent a few days ago, but since then all I've gotten is the standard cancellation email.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by tango3
Refund came thru, from BA Germany (while payment was done thru BA Spain). Total loss - SGD $25 due to currency fluctuations.
Contact BA and demand they'll refund you the difference. Given SIN's lame consumer protection, that's probably the easiest way..
Old Sep 1, 2015, 3:58 am

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold

Got refunded yesterday also...
Old Sep 1, 2015, 12:19 pm

I'm out of pocket by more than 50 CHF (about 46€) thanks to a single booking.. (and currency fluctuations + foreign charges)

Will call CC tomorrow.. as I can't see BA doing anything (hey, officially they never informed me about anything!)

Original charge done on the 20th, but charged only on the 24th on the card

"Refund" done on the 24th and charged on the 28th..

edit: Called already - that was quick. Full difference will be refunded

Hopefully that will make BA being the one out of pocket

Last edited by YuropFlyer; Sep 1, 2015 at 12:41 pm
Old Sep 4, 2015, 6:22 pm

Programs: QFF WP, VA SG, Hhonors Diamond
I've actually profited with the conversion fees, but would still rather have the flights Wonder if there's any point fighting.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 5:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Presume nothing since? They seem to have gone from insulting to mute...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.