Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

An immediate turnaround in BLR possible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2015, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC

I have planned a mileage run which will involve me connecting onto BA118 from BA119 (the same plane). BA119 arrives at 5am, and BA118 departs at 7am. Is it possible for me to catch the plane? I have an Indian visa with lifelong validity if it makes any difference.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by nwngeek212
I have planned a mileage run which will involve me connecting onto BA118 from BA119 (the same plane). BA119 arrives at 5am, and BA118 departs at 7am. Is it possible for me to catch the plane? I have an Indian visa with lifelong validity if it makes any difference.
Assuming you do not have any checked bags, the only place where delay can happen which comes to my mind is the Indian immigration and as someone who travels to Mumbai often, I can say that it should not be a problem but again there is always a chance. Generally I clear immigration in about 5 minutes but as I have checked in bags I have to wait but if I would travel without checked baggage I could walk out of the terminal in about 10-15 minutes.
HTH
Old Aug 2, 2015, 9:06 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Would they give you your return boarding pass out of LHR itself? Else might be cutting it a bit fine as far as re-checking in for the next flight goes.

Immigration should be pretty fast at that time, considering the BA flight is the only arrival at that hour. And the departures area is walking distance from the main arrivals area..so that should be ok too..
Old Aug 3, 2015, 4:30 am

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Originally Posted by nwngeek212
As soon as you get off the plane, please inform the ground staff that you are returning on the same plane departing in 2 hours. They could facilitate the process, as a passenger in transit, and have you go through from arrival to departure in < 30 minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.