Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] ZRH-HKG-BKK r/t Cathay Pacific Business Class €126

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2015, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: veeRob
Other information can also be added regarding the overall situation.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] ZRH-HKG-BKK r/t Cathay Pacific Business Class €126

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2015, 9:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, *G, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by unknown786
saying?
'I am writing in reference to your flight booking.

I have tried contacting you on two occasions however, unable to reach you. I had contacted you to let you know that there was a pricing error on your booking. I have cancelled your booking. While making your booking, it was mentioned in the terms and conditions about the pricing error. It is mentioned that we will endeavour to correct errors and omissions on the website or elsewhere, and take appropriate action as soon as practicable after being notified of them. Neither we nor the supplier are under any obligation to honour bookings for products where there is a pricing error, even if you have received a confirmation email. In these circumstances, we reserve the right to correct any pricing errors on the website and offer you the opportunity to cancel your booking without liability.

I have cancelled your hotel booking and refunded GBP X to your credit card ending with X. It will appear on your account within 7 to 10 working days depending on your bank’s clearing times. You can book a new reservation with the correct price again on our website.

Thank you for the opportunity to explain. I do hope you will choose lastminute.com when you’re planning your next trip.'

Yesterday they told me on the phone that according to CX I didn't pay airfare, just taxes and surcharges.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by kisl

I have tried contacting you on two occasions however, unable to reach you. I had contacted you to let you know that there was a pricing error on your booking. I have cancelled your booking. While making your booking, it was mentioned in the terms and conditions about the pricing error. It is mentioned that we will endeavour to correct errors and omissions on the website or elsewhere, and take appropriate action as soon as practicable after being notified of them. Neither we nor the supplier are under any obligation to honour bookings for products where there is a pricing error, even if you have received a confirmation email. In these circumstances, we reserve the right to correct any pricing errors on the website and offer you the opportunity to cancel your booking without liability.

I have cancelled your hotel booking and refunded GBP X to your credit card ending with X. It will appear on your account within 7 to 10 working days depending on your bank’s clearing times. You can book a new reservation with the correct price again on our website.

Thank you for the opportunity to explain. I do hope you will choose lastminute.com when you’re planning your next trip.'

Yesterday they told me on the phone that according to CX I didn't pay airfare, just taxes and surcharges.
Bold was my favourite part...
Old Jul 31, 2015, 9:23 am

Did you book a hotel too or is it a lazy copy/paste job?
Old Jul 31, 2015, 9:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, *G, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by unknown786
Did you book a hotel too or is it a lazy copy/paste job?
No hotel bookings. Just a mistake by them, it happens.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 9:36 am

Indeed. Are you going to reply to them?
Old Jul 31, 2015, 9:44 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Same email here; same lousy copy&paste job.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 10:04 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Just a mistake by them, it happens.
Like selling and then cancelling a ticket?
Old Jul 31, 2015, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by sbm12
I think you'll eventually find that fighting via twitter is useless, too.
Well, yes. Campaigns on media channels only work if they grab public attention, focus on gross injustice, attract attention.

I really can't see internet fury developing about people not getting their own way in a dispute centred on blagging travel for a fraction of the price the rest of the public pays. Arguing about whether a ticket was "free" or cost $10, when everyone else pays $200, really isn't the way to ignite public interest.

Now, if you could find a mother who had saved for years to attend her daughter's wedding, but was prevented from doing so by the actions of the heartless CX et al, you might just be on to a winner...
Old Jul 31, 2015, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
In some EU countries you can't rescind a contract autonomously, just because you think/argue you made a mistake. Only the judge can, basing on a specific appeal. Doesn't matter T&C.
I battle on with this in the folorn hope you will understand. The airline isn't cancelling the ticket simply because it made a mistake (the ability to do so may be in its T&C, but it's likely to be judged unreasonable, unfair, as it stands).

If push comes to shove, the argument will be that the fare was so crazily low, the putative traveller must have known it was a mistake (or should have known it was a mistake). If this is so, if the purchaser was knowingly taking advantage of a pricing error, then there was no equitable basis for the contract, no "meeting of minds" as some have it, and the airline can walk away.

In this case the price certainly was extraordinarily low, and the onus would be of the purchaser of the ticket to explain why this extreme fare did not alert him to it likely being an error. Of course the purchaser will trot out the usual list of low fares he has used in the past and explain how he routinely travels to other countries to begin transcontinental journeys....

I don't really understand what your thinking is behind constantly referring to the airline "thinking/arguing" they made a mistake.

If they didn't make a mistake the only alternative is they published the fare knowingly, purposefully: and why would they do that ?

Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
..we're not on a criminal case where the cross-examination is an essential and obligatory step of the legal procedure. And not necessarily you'll appear in front of the judge since this is a small claim so it could be adressed through ADR Alternative dispute resolution channels. For sure in some countries will be used an ADR alternative, so the cross examination you are arguing above will not be took into consideration in any case, in these countries.
That's just silly. Without a judge there'll be no decision, no resolution. The judge may not be so titled, but an ombudsman, tribunal chairman (whatever) will reach a judgement, decide the outcome of the case. It would be an odd hearing if questions were not asked.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 6:08 pm

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I battle on with this in the folorn hope you will understand. The airline isn't cancelling the ticket simply because it made a mistake (the ability to do so may be in its T&C, but it's likely to be judged unreasonable, unfair, as it stands).

If push comes to shove, the argument will be that the fare was so crazily low, the putative traveller must have known it was a mistake (or should have known it was a mistake). If this is so, if the purchaser was knowingly taking advantage of a pricing error, then there was no equitable basis for the contract, no "meeting of minds" as some have it, and the airline can walk away.

In this case the price certainly was extraordinarily low, and the onus would be of the purchaser of the ticket to explain why this extreme fare did not alert him to it likely being an error. Of course the purchaser will trot out the usual list of low fares he has used in the past and explain how he routinely travels to other countries to begin transcontinental journeys....

I don't really understand what your thinking is behind constantly referring to the airline "thinking/arguing" they made a mistake.

If they didn't make a mistake the only alternative is they published the fare knowingly, purposefully: and why would they do that ?

That's just silly. Without a judge there'll be no decision, no resolution. The judge may not be so titled, but an ombudsman, tribunal chairman (whatever) will reach a judgement, decide the outcome of the case. It would be an odd hearing if questions were not asked.
Again IAN, you make everything so simple and so easy. I frankly wonder where you find this certainty. Litterally I don't want to discuss how similar cases are managed in UK courts, but now I can assure you that not every country has the same approach you're stating above, so what I'm just disputing with you is your certainty that the issue will be managed and decided in that way. I still hope you'll understand this in some way. Furthermore when the first thing you learn by yourself when you regularly appear in courts (as lawyer, prosecutor, judge, etc) is that such certainty does not exist, at least in civil law models/countries.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 4:07 am

Why do you guys have the EXACT same conversation every time this happens?
Old Aug 1, 2015, 11:42 am

Programs: Once upon a time...
Just got a missed call from an unknown 602 area code. Googled it, and it looks like it's an Expedia Customer Service number. I booked this fare with Travelocity. Wonder if it's a call about that. They didn't leave a message.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by largeeyes
Why do you guys have the EXACT same conversation every time this happens?
Because I guess there's someone who every time calls everyone to class-action, lawsuit, compensation and the like
Old Aug 1, 2015, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by veeRob
Just got a missed call from an unknown 602 area code. Googled it, and it looks like it's an Expedia Customer Service number. I booked this fare with Travelocity. Wonder if it's a call about that. They didn't leave a message.
I also got 602 & 480 missed call.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by DLDFW
I also got 602 & 480 missed call.
I also received a VM from the 602#. No message was left.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.