Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL: LAX-CGK $386ai, decent availability outside of summer months

[FARE GONE] DL: LAX-CGK $386ai, decent availability outside of summer months

Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any similar fares on the reverse (CGK-LAX)?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 11:26 am

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Originally Posted by tkey75
Not at all. I'd pay the extra $200 to get the MQM's to SIN.
Plus we want to see SIN anyway, would be able to use GUC all the way, and there's AF/KL 777s SIN-CGK/DPS for only ~$100. ^
Old Apr 16, 2015, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
Perhaps the lists just aren't updated?
No, you get 0 miles.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Dammnnit! Booked the wrong weekend. Gotta think about this. Weekend after Thanksgiving, but needed weekend before as I end work in SFO there. Now I'd have to position from the right coast.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 12:56 pm

I think fare's dead. back to 700-850 from LAX,SFO
Old Apr 16, 2015, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by spark787
I think fare's dead. back to 700-850 from LAX,SFO
Yup, finding 700+ for the same days that it was 300. I already have 2 flights booked may and sept, probably gonna cancel the may.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
No, you get 0 miles.
Yeah, I see that now: https://garudamiles.com/TopHome/earn...uda-indonesia/

Crazy that it's possible get 0 MQM when flying a SkyTeam carrier on 006 stock!!
Old Apr 16, 2015, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Platinum
should have booked the NRT and SIN option to utilize the GUC.... darn you slow ITA !!!

tried to cancel one online and it errors out..asks me to call DL. I have 24hr so will do it tomorrow. I think in any case fare is gone
Old Apr 16, 2015, 2:43 pm

getting $119 from CGK <> DPS for september on Lion Air, if anyone found anything cheaper, please let me know =)
Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:54 pm

So last night, since I ALWAYS miss these cheap flights, I quickly booked two flights, one on Orbitz (before I realized it was also available on Delta.com) and then one on Delta. Now, I have a couple of hours left before the cancel-free period is over and I'm trying to figure out which one to choose. I'm curious to find out which one will get me the most miles (especially Skymiles). I'm a newbie at figuring this out, so hopefully someone can help me out. Here are the details:

Trip Option #1:
LAX-SEA on Delta
SEA-ICN on Delta
ICN-CGK on Asiana

Returning from CGK-HND on Garuda, then from HND-LAX on Delta.

Trip Option 2:
LAX-HND on Delta
HND-CGK on Garuda

Returns from CGK-HND on Garuda, then from HND-LAX on Delta.

Any advice you all can give on which flight to choose would be greatly appreciated. I don't mind all of the extra stops if I'll get a lot more miles or MQMs from it, but right now I'm leaning towards Option 2 since I'll get an Overnight in Tokyo and then 15 daytime hours in Toyko on the return flight. Option 1 has short layovers of 3 hours or less in each city so I couldn't explore.

Thanks!
Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:48 pm

Welcome, mswrite. I'd say that both options are similar in terms of MQMs as you won't get any at all from Asiana or the Garuda flights. So if you'd like some time in Tokyo go with option 2.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold
You don't mention whether your options are on the same dates or different dates, but please know that if the airlines detect duplicate bookings they will cancel them. I'm not sure whether that happens shortly after booking or closer to the flight date.

My understanding is that bookings on Delta stock (ticket number starting with 006) will only earn points relative to what was spent on the ticket multiplied by your FF status. And that's only if the airline + booking code is eligible to earn miles.

I booked an itinerary in May and am trying to decide whether positioning from the midwest, where I'll be around said itinerary, is worth it. This would be a trip (taking advantage of this flash sale) in order to actually enjoy both Indonesia and the stopovers, not a MR, if those even exist in NAmerica anymore.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:58 pm

I'm in the same situation as a few others: I booked two flights in May (I'm trying to decide which one to use and which to cancel), plus one for next March to see the solar eclipse on March 9. What a fantastic airfare, even if the miles rewarded aren't that great.

I booked well after midnight last night, and my receipt shows a booking date of April 16, so as far as I know I have until midnight TOMORROW to cancel. If anyone disagrees and thinks tonight is my deadline, please reply. I don't want to get stuck with an extra ticket I can't use.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 6:55 am

I just canceled my trip. I got back from the $240 fare from LAX to Yerevan a week ago and dreaded sitting in economy class for 19 hours. I just can't see myself doing the same thing to Jakarta unless I have Delta status which I don't.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 7:57 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by metoo
I just canceled my trip. I got back from the $240 fare from LAX to Yerevan a week ago and dreaded sitting in economy class for 19 hours. I just can't see myself doing the same thing to Jakarta unless I have Delta status which I don't.
New to Delta thus I ask - how would it be different if you have Delta status? (You would have sit in economy Plus like with UA?)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.