Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL: LAX-CGK $386ai, decent availability outside of summer months

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] DL: LAX-CGK $386ai, decent availability outside of summer months

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2015, 8:28 am

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Originally Posted by lax2010
New to Delta thus I ask - how would it be different if you have Delta status?
If you're Diamond (top tier) you can get four upgrade certs as one of your benefits and possible sit up front.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
If you're Diamond (top tier) you can get four upgrade certs as one of your benefits and possible sit up front.
And if you've used all of them, you can still pick economy comfort (C+ now) seats which give you more legroom and a little more recline. PMs get C+ for free too.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: Delta, SPG
I booked LAX HND CGK HND LAX, and the HND CGK HND is on Garuda. I got the conf code from Delta and they checked with Garuda and they charge $40 USD per person per flight to select a seat. Does everyone else get that too? I'm Plat with DL, so was hoping Skypriority would help me when flying partner airlines, but apparently not. Any advice?
Old Jun 30, 2015, 1:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AA P, A3 G, MU Gold, HH G, Marriott P
So my tix was for Nov with LAX-SEA-ICN-CGK routing. DL had a schedule change for SEA-ICN and will cause me to miss the last segment by OZ. I called in for some alternative flights and the only one they offered was with a layover in HND for 13h45m or a refund. I asked whether I could be placed on the KE flight to ICN and they said it has to be flights with DL numbers only. Has DL always been allowing only DL flights for accommodating schedule changes?
Old Jul 1, 2015, 1:04 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by Jayz_004
So my tix was for Nov with LAX-SEA-ICN-CGK routing. DL had a schedule change for SEA-ICN and will cause me to miss the last segment by OZ. I called in for some alternative flights and the only one they offered was with a layover in HND for 13h45m or a refund. I asked whether I could be placed on the KE flight to ICN and they said it has to be flights with DL numbers only. Has DL always been allowing only DL flights for accommodating schedule changes?
It can be KE flights but only DL codeshares (only certain cities), and inventory is usually an issue.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by Jayz_004
Got the same schedule change. But, my flight isn't until Feb. I was only offered a flight for the day before or after my original departure. When I asked if I could extend the trip by a day if I took the flight the day after my original departure. So, as to keep the original duration of my trip, they said it wasn't possible. I guess since Feb. is still sometime away I can only hope that maybe there will be another schedule change for the better. I had called Priceline for this. I wonder if I should try to call Delta?
Old Jul 6, 2015, 11:06 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AA P, A3 G, MU Gold, HH G, Marriott P
Originally Posted by miko2a
Got the same schedule change. But, my flight isn't until Feb. I was only offered a flight for the day before or after my original departure. When I asked if I could extend the trip by a day if I took the flight the day after my original departure. So, as to keep the original duration of my trip, they said it wasn't possible. I guess since Feb. is still sometime away I can only hope that maybe there will be another schedule change for the better. I had called Priceline for this. I wonder if I should try to call Delta?
I doubt you'll get a different answer. Priceline probably would have to call the Delta agent line anyways. I'd wait and see if there'd be any further schedule changes. I ended up just cancelling the whole thing and got on the AA openjaw to HKG/PVG today. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 12:29 am

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Sorry this is so late. I got a similar schedule change about a month ago, and was able to be rerouted through AMS and then to CDG to SIN to CGK for full MQM's on the way there on KLM and AF. Praying for another schedule change on the way back to get rid of the Garuda non mileage earning flight.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by Quinlanty
Sorry this is so late. I got a similar schedule change about a month ago, and was able to be rerouted through AMS and then to CDG to SIN to CGK for full MQM's on the way there on KLM and AF. Praying for another schedule change on the way back to get rid of the Garuda non mileage earning flight.

I've been hesitate to call again. I'm curious if you called the OTA or Delta. I called Priceline previously and was unable to get it resolved. My whole itinerary is messed up. Coming and going.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 12:58 am

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
I've been hesitate to call again. I'm curious if you called the OTA or Delta. I called Priceline previously and was unable to get it resolved. My whole itinerary is messed up. Coming and going.
I called Delta. I think they will be more flexible because OTA will have to pay $ to change I presume. Caution, Delta wanted me to have Garuda change the Garuda leg, but they NEVER answer the phone, maybe because they don't sell tix to USA. Just tell Delta that. And make sure you have all the flights you want mapped out. Delta can force KLM/Air France seats. I think you will have to go through Europe because only DL flights Im aware of to CGK are through Haneda and connect to Garuda. If you want a screen shot of my itinerary let me know. Also, do you have status? not sure if that helped me or not?
Old Oct 12, 2015, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by Quinlanty
I called Delta. I think they will be more flexible because OTA will have to pay $ to change I presume. Caution, Delta wanted me to have Garuda change the Garuda leg, but they NEVER answer the phone, maybe because they don't sell tix to USA. Just tell Delta that. And make sure you have all the flights you want mapped out. Delta can force KLM/Air France seats. I think you will have to go through Europe because only DL flights Im aware of to CGK are through Haneda and connect to Garuda. If you want a screen shot of my itinerary let me know. Also, do you have status? not sure if that helped me or not?
Thank you. No status. I hadn't thought about going through Europe, but will take a look at those. And try to give them a call this week. Last time I called I was only offered a flight on a different day.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 4:19 pm

Thank you. No status. I hadn't thought about going through Europe, but will take a look at those. And try to give them a call this week. Last time I called I was only offered a flight on a different day.
Good luck! Let me know how it goes after you call. Curious.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.