Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

How to find mistakes going TO us,europe etc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2015, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles and frowns, IHG aluminum

Hi,
Seems like a lot of these originate from the US. Which is cool and reasonable being that probably most people on this forum are from there. Also it seems mostly RT's are what people are looking for.

I'm just a super budget recent graduate, still building credit profile (hopefully when I return from my current backpacking trip I will qualify for actual miles cards). So mostly relying on overland travel + budget airlines + mistake fares rather than miles SO much (when I do redeem it better have good value)

For instance, I could stand to get back to West Coast US in late summer and am not sure how to ask, even in trick-it, from where I'll be coming from. Yurt to teepee? Kymys to pinot? Yak to grizzly?

Does anyone have any suggestions for where to start?
Old Apr 14, 2015, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Keep looking in the MR forum and hopefully something comes up. Or just try random city pairs and see if anything interesting comes up. Pretty much all posts are on fares that someone stumbled upon during their normal daily searching
Old Apr 14, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: SQ
You could always fly Norwegian or WOW.

Fares from OSL to USA are always cheap these days.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 3:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles and frowns, IHG aluminum
Yes I know about cheap Europe deals, they are awesome!
Doesn't help me get out of places like Central or South Asia though, at least I haven't found one to link with anything out of that region that will save much info. But I'll keep searching and share if I find anything
Old Apr 21, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: BA Bronze
A super budget recent graduate on United Gold, IHG Platinum and Best Western Diamond? Not bad. Or maybe you are super budget because you spent too much earning status?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by go_around
A super budget recent graduate on United Gold, IHG Platinum and Best Western Diamond? Not bad. Or maybe you are super budget because you spent too much earning status?

And NEVER code your questions, by the way ;-). Start to READ the thread and the wiki.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:50 pm

Bear in mind, those that look for deals from other places to the US oftentimes do not speak the same language. That should be a good start.
Yes, deals frequently happen from Europe to the US, they just aren't as widely spread on FT and blogs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.