TATL Summer Sale?

Old Apr 14, 2015, 8:43 am
Original Poster

TATL Summer Sale?

Hello,

Right now, business class fares are around $3k for July / August flights to Europe, does anybody think they could go down by a few more hundreds please? The rationale for this would be that the USD keeps increasing over the EUR, that oil is as cheap as it can be and that the business bookings don't look too high. What do you guys think?
Old Apr 14, 2015, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Just to add, I saw that a large airline is offering its Executive Club members a $400 rebate on business class bookings, that an Irish airline is already around $2,500 (but does not offer business class within Europe, for what it is worth) and that for $2,300 there is always the possibility of changing planes on an island half-way through the ocean (but no flat seats). Would any other player join the party anytime soon?
Old Apr 14, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
There is always a summer sale of some sort (and the business prices seem pretty high right now), but unless you are flexible as to where you want to go, who you fly with and which airport you fly out of it usually isn't worth waiting. If you are flexible you will probably get a good deal.

Last edited by gspurr; Apr 14, 2015 at 9:33 am
Old Apr 14, 2015, 9:13 am

A few weeks ago you could go the opposite way to the east coast for $1500. Add in a stopover if you want and then go the the west coast for around 2k. I booked cph-iad over the summer. Dca-sfo sfo-dca over thanksgiving then back to Europe over the winter for 1920$. So if you are flexible there are options available right now. It was only $600 more for biz than coach
Old Apr 14, 2015, 9:36 am
Original Poster

I remember this sale. Actually you are right I see pretty crazy deals there, CPH-JFK-CDG-CPH, July to October... Thanks for bringing it up!

I would prefer something the other way though, but this certainly makes one think...
Old Apr 16, 2015, 5:51 am
Original Poster

OW Attack

As LaCompagnie is offering a $1,700 fare, it seems OneWorld joined in with the same return fare to Paris from NYC.

Maybe ST will react and match La Compagnie's fares to London?
Old Apr 24, 2015, 3:51 am
Original Poster

ST wakes up

AF and DL are now offering the same crazy fare. Cheaper than PE. They are not matching La Compagnie on London yet.

Star is asleep at the wheel.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 4:27 pm

Programs: Zero Status Nexus
Originally Posted by af fp
Star is asleep at the wheel.
Still waiting for round 2 of UAs J summer sale to Europe.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Originally Posted by mtndave47
Round 2 as in the $1,480 P fare I got last summer SEA-MXP?

I know I booked it early April 2014, then it came back.. I haven't seen/heard anything close this year...
Old Apr 27, 2015, 1:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mtndave47
The 60 day advance purchase date is almost upon us. For travel starting July 1st, the final payment date is May 2nd.
If there is going to be a sale, it must happen NOW.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 7:23 am

Programs: Zero Status Nexus
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
The 60 day advance purchase date is almost upon us. For travel starting July 1st, the final payment date is May 2nd.
If there is going to be a sale, it must happen NOW.
Good point!
Old Feb 19, 2016, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Summer 2016

Reviving this thread: What's the likelihood C-class sale Us>EU for the summer of 2016. I have come across some good deals for Easter, but not much thereafter sofar.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP,SPG G
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Reviving this thread: What's the likelihood C-class sale Us>EU for the summer of 2016. I have come across some good deals for Easter, but not much thereafter sofar.
There are some decent sub 2k fares. unfortunately no one knows if it's going to be better at one point...
Old Feb 20, 2016, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by olgsr
There are some decent sub 2k fares. unfortunately no one knows if it's going to be better at one point...
Yes, I've seen a couple, but unfortunately, not much from the West Coast sofar (fondley remembering the $ 1.7 deals a couple of years ago).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.