Wiki Posts
Search

50k? 75k? Possible on AA?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2015, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platnium
50k? 75k? Possible on AA?

Anyone seen anything that would get you 50K or 75K on one routing/weekend on AA/OW? I am Plat on AA, and would like to hit Exec Plat, will be about 15k short by end of year, but if I could find something that I could hit it sooner with I would jump on the opportunity. The 50K and 75K is including the 100% bonus.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 8:53 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
You are posting in the wrong forum.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 9:00 pm

What's your budget?
Old Apr 7, 2015, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Like to stay around 3 cents/mile.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Please move to appropriate forum if possible.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Ostateflyer
Like to stay around 3 cents/mile.
Just 3cpm?! A little picky, don't you think, to get 50K miles in one weekend at 3cpm...

Look for premium fares and try to qualify on points, instead of miles, if you want this to be remotely possible. Discount J fares now get 2 EQP's, so that's 25K miles for 50K EQP's.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Wishful thinking... I know.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 9:34 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
The Mileage Run Deals Forum is for active fare deals. I am moving this thread to the Mileage Run Discussion forum for further response.

Pat89339
Moderator, Mileage Run Forum
Old Apr 7, 2015, 9:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by callmedtop
Just 3cpm?! A little picky, don't you think, to get 50K miles in one weekend at 3cpm...

Look for premium fares and try to qualify on points, instead of miles, if you want this to be remotely possible. Discount J fares now get 2 EQP's, so that's 25K miles for 50K EQP's.
Could you get that for 7 cents a mile? So 25K premium fare for under $1750 on AA? I think even that would be tough on a weekend.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You realize the 100% Platinum bonus only applies to redeemable miles, not EQM's for status, right? Generally, you don't include bonus miles when looking for a particular mileage amount here. It's possible to fly 20K to maybe 25K over a three day weekend. Don't think you can do that over a 2 day weekend unless buying up to a biz fare which is going to generally cost more in terms of CPM.

Last edited by xliioper; Apr 7, 2015 at 10:29 pm
Old Apr 8, 2015, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by LBJ
You realize the 100% Platinum bonus only applies to redeemable miles, not EQM's for status, right? Generally, you don't include bonus miles when looking for a particular mileage amount here. It's possible to fly 20K to maybe 25K over a three day weekend. Don't think you can do that over a 2 day weekend unless buying up to a biz fare which is going to generally cost more in terms of CPM.
Any suggestions for 20-25K 3 day weekends on AA/US? Very doable for me since I don't work Fridays and my SO is a nurse and she has to work 2 weekends a month leaving me with nothing to do. I don't mind bumming it in Y as long as I have my iPad loaded with movies and my phone loaded with podcasts (and hopefully an aisle seat ) I'm a bit of a fish out of water here so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 12:52 am

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by ILGfly
Any suggestions for 20-25K 3 day weekends on AA/US? Very doable for me since I don't work Fridays and my SO is a nurse and she has to work 2 weekends a month leaving me with nothing to do. I don't mind bumming it in Y as long as I have my iPad loaded with movies and my phone loaded with podcasts (and hopefully an aisle seat ) I'm a bit of a fish out of water here so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Not sure where you're located or if there's any availability left but last year I did something like SAN-LAX-ORD-NRT-CGK-NRT-LAX-DFW-SAN for about 23k miles. Used to be relatively easy to find 4 day trips with a very occasional 3 day. Fares were in the $850-$1k range

If you can start on the West Coast and then go east before heading west to somewhere in SE Asia you can usually get 20-25k. Can sometimes get close to 20k to PVG or PEK as well and there are decent fares every so often (and those you can definitely do in 3 days).

Think there were also some decent fares to CPT/JNB which earned about the same but those might have all been 4 day trips.

Last edited by IggySD; Apr 8, 2015 at 12:58 am
Old Apr 8, 2015, 1:14 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Many YYZ fares still in that range (RDM's though, of course.) Some MXP-EZE showing decent fares as well. Probably could do YYZ-MIA-MXP-JFK-EZE-JFK-MXP-MIA-YYZ all in three days of flying, though as two tickets, can be about $1200 to $1300 if you can still find the apx $600 each (YYZ-MXP RT and a nested MXP-EZE RT.) Can't see anyway to do much more given the connection times, plus the speed of the aircraft in doing 25k BIS, apx 50 hrs alone.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 1:19 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Originally Posted by callmedtop

I'm new to AA, but I haven't heard of 2.0 EQP earning, the AA website shows highest multiple is 1.5?
Old Apr 8, 2015, 1:29 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by transparent
I'm new to AA, but I haven't heard of 2.0 EQP earning, the AA website shows highest multiple is 1.5?
New promotion enables up to 3.0x EQP earning. It's featured on the home page of AA.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.