Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

MR to PEK next week: Question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MR to PEK next week: Question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2015, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by TheSinister
YIKES
This could of been me. Anyways, better to be safe than sorry. I applied for a visa and postponed my flight a week later.
Except in your case, Delta would be correct to deny boarding.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 9:30 am

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
Originally Posted by MarkP24
With the new 10 year China visa, there's no cost. You can just bring your expired passport with the valid 10 year visa and your current passport.
Same situation with 10 year Indian visa. You do not need to migrate the existing visa from an expired to a new passport. You need only to have both passports in hand for immigration purposes upon arrival.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by cagcag
Same situation with 10 year Indian visa. You do not need to migrate the existing visa from an expired to a new passport. You need only to have both passports in hand for immigration purposes upon arrival.
According to poster HMPS there is a $60 fee for the Indian visa once your passport expires. Is this correct?
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by cagcag
Agreed. That is what we are told here but have learnt a long time ago that civil bureaucrats sometimes like to give you a hard time SOMETIMES.....
Old Apr 5, 2015, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan & AA Advantage
Originally Posted by MarkP24
With the new 10 year China visa, there's no cost. You can just bring your expired passport with the valid 10 year visa and your current passport.
I saw a memo on the board at the visa centre regarding the new 10 year China visa. I was confused to read that it stated that the 10 year visa expires the same time your passport expires. I do not understand why, because Canadian passports expire in 5 years. Wondering how a 10 year visa is even possible if passports expire in 5?
Old Apr 5, 2015, 11:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by TheSinister
I saw a memo on the board at the visa centre regarding the new 10 year China visa. I was confused to read that it stated that the 10 year visa expires the same time your passport expires. I do not understand why, because Canadian passports expire in 5 years. Wondering how a 10 year visa is even possible if passports expire in 5?
In the US case, the visa outlives your passport. In the Canada case, it does not (for now).
Old Apr 5, 2015, 5:30 pm
m.y

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
You can get a Canadian passport with 10 year validity now, cost slightly more than 5 year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.