Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Fare Gone] US: YTO-DUB $276 ai RT (tripsta OTA glitch)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Fare Gone] US: YTO-DUB $276 ai RT (tripsta OTA glitch)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2015, 8:11 am

Programs: AC; Fairmont Plat; Accor Plat; SPG Plat, BA Gold; A3*G; AB Gold;
Originally Posted by barbai
I called and was one the phone for 2 hours. My rep was unable to process anything. Kept teling me to call my travel agent / iberia. Supervisor's response also.
Looks like they are dealing with this internally. My wife just got off the phone with Canadian Reservations (888-240-4770). About a 1 min wait on hold - agent said that he would need to check whether or not he could do anything, or whether Tripsta would have to handle it. Came back after about another 2 mins on hold saying that the codeshare department was aware of the issue, and we should see a reinstatement of our PHL-DUB leg (the only one on our itin that was canceled) by Monday.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by OMFG
Tried that, US Air told me to contact OBA. OBA said are in taks with IB (who cancelled the flight) to find solution and I should wait 2 days for email from OTA.

Well, guess I ll try to call US again and Iberia tmrw, am tired of waiting on da phone for today.
Ok, today I called Iberia first; they said they aint responsible at all cause it s a US Air ticket.

Called US Air again and got a different agent than yday. They reinstated the ticket than and now I can see it in da online system again ^
Old Feb 27, 2015, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Kimpton IC; IHG Diamond Ambassador;
Originally Posted by jantaoYVR
Looks like they are dealing with this internally. My wife just got off the phone with Canadian Reservations (888-240-4770). About a 1 min wait on hold - agent said that he would need to check whether or not he could do anything, or whether Tripsta would have to handle it. Came back after about another 2 mins on hold saying that the codeshare department was aware of the issue, and we should see a reinstatement of our PHL-DUB leg (the only one on our itin that was canceled) by Monday.
I got the same, exact response from US -- they're dealing with it internally and it should be reinstated by Monday.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 1:08 pm

Programs: A3 Silver
It's weird that some agents were able to reinstate them easily, and others weren't. The agent I was on the phone with put me on hold for a few minutes and didn't seem to have any trouble doing it.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 1:57 pm

FYI

I just checked other flights I booked the next months and it seems to be a general problem on codeshare flights where tickets were sold as Iberia and operated by US Air.

They also cancelled both of my flights in May going from MUC-PHL-MUC. This rt flight was ~400 bucks.

Other flights in the same months ticketed as Finnair were still there.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by Au4882
I got the same, exact response from US -- they're dealing with it internally and it should be reinstated by Monday.
Seeing reports here that some were able to have their flights reinstated immediately, I called back (nearly 2hrs on hold) and they reinstated the PHL-DUB leg right away.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 11:33 am

spoke to a rep today. she told me its the 3rd's party respsonsbility

how are you guys smooth talking your way to sucess
Old Feb 28, 2015, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by barbai
spoke to a rep today. she told me its the 3rd's party respsonsbility

how are you guys smooth talking your way to sucess
In my case, I think it's simply a matter of whom you speak with. Calling the US 800# I found the agent I spoke with rude, and would always redirect to the OTA. Calling the # I posted earlier (888-240-477) seemed to have much more friendly agents - and the one I happened to get today knew exactly what was going on and reinstated the flight in about 30 seconds (after having waited on hold for nearly 2hrs)
Old Mar 2, 2015, 1:29 pm

ticket reinstated as stated from above where they said they will have it fixed by monday
Old Mar 3, 2015, 9:23 am

anybody having issue assigning their seats?

My friends cant book their seat from

PHL to DUB - Iberia flight flying us airways

and also the return.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 6:23 pm

You still have an iberia code share???
Old Mar 4, 2015, 1:20 pm

Got everything sorted for Outbound.

Anybody going to ireland May 5 to May 12?
Old Mar 16, 2015, 11:22 am

Can't open the reservation on usairways.com anymore and I was rebooked on USAirways flights (no codeshares). Thought it was fixed back when I called the first time.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by montezume
Can't open the reservation on usairways.com anymore and I was rebooked on USAirways flights (no codeshares). Thought it was fixed back when I called the first time.
I checked mine. I am fine.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by montezume
Do you still have a codeshare on Iberia? My return is still a codeshare on IB via JFK, and though I have the same problem as you on usairways.com, using my IB PNR I can pull up the reservation on the iberia site and everything looks fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.