Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Is anyone else having problems with ITAMatrix?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2015, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, Ritz Carlton Gold, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, AA Exec Plat

For the past few days, I've run flexible date searches with a 0-7 day range. But when I try to select anything other than the lowest fare for a date of departure, it will not display.

For example, if I search for WAS-IST in February for a 0-7 day trip, I chose a departure on February 10th. The lowest fare departing that day was $557 (5 day turn), but I wanted the 4 day turn for $602. When I clicked the 4 day option, it took me to the 5 day option.

Then, when I chose the exact dates (February 10th through February 14th), the $602 fare wasn't even available. The lowest ITAMatrix fare was $790.

I've run these searches successfully in the past......
Old Jan 30, 2015, 5:03 am

I've been having issues with the Matrix ever since Google stuck their tentacles in it.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 5:15 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
I've had similar issues when the flight schedules end right around midnight. I'm thinking there might be some time zone issues. I've sometimes been able to smoke out the flights with which I was interested by either checking the dates on both sides of my desired dates or looking at the one-ways in both directions.

And also the information on ITA isn't up to date to the last minute, so something you see there might be already sold out.

Romelle
Old Jan 30, 2015, 7:28 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
The better question "is anyone still able to use ITA Matrix?"

For a company that once proclaimed "don't be evil", they've certainly ruined an otherwise amazing product. And all just so they could push more users into their new crappy product.

#sickening

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.