Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Most Segments You've Done for a MR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Most Segments You've Done for a MR

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2014, 2:57 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
I did the following without stopping (max was 2-3 hours connection) (was 2 bookings but nestled it with 2 back-to-back / same-plane turnarounds in CUN):

SFO LAX MIA CUN MIA LAX MIA CUN MIA LAX SFO.

took 50 hours.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by CaptainMiles
Military / UN flight?

Refueling in HNL on the way from ANC to CTS makes no sense at all. HNL-CTS is longer than ANC-CTS. Surely they went to HNL for some reason other than refueling.
My bad... It was a long time ago (1996) and I must have confused with other flights on similar routes... i checked again and we did not stop in HNL. Straight from ANC to CTS.

It was a private plane, before the ultra long range aircraft era. The pilot refused to refuel in Russia so we had to take the long route, the other way around the globe.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 4:58 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Gold
Many segments, few miles

Several years ago, I did PDX-SEA-LWS-BOI-PIH and then back the next day. While 4 segments each way may not be a lot, it was a lot of segments to cram into such a short distance. Alaska/Horizon was running a bonus miles promotion that awarded 100,000 bonus miles for flying 30 segments, so the actual flight miles did not matter.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 5:09 pm

phx-ord-iad-kwi-bah-kwi-iad-lax-phx
Old Dec 14, 2014, 6:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
14 segments, albeit over about 6 days and having 2 nights in Hawaii. The sole purpose of the trip though was for the 1340 TPs that I got.

GLA-LHR-BRU-HEL-LHR-JFK-PHX-HNL-PHX-JFK-LHR-HEL-BRU-LHR-GLA
Old Dec 15, 2014, 3:39 am

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, 20 Years Top Tier on DL, UA 1K, AC E75k, MR/SPG Lifetime Platinum
Segment run.....

Back in 1998, I was 12 segments short of Platinum on DL (back when it meant something) so I did the only mileage/segment run of my life:

BWI-ATL-SAV-ATL-SAV-ATL-SAV-ATL-SAV-ATL-SAV-ATL-BWI

It was a long boring day... Fortunately the weather cooperated...
Old Dec 15, 2014, 6:42 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
While this is no where near a 24-hour MR, just for the sake of it I did SCL-LIM-EZE-JFK-LAX-DEN-DFW-ORD-MIA-JFK-EZE-LIM-SCL when premium cabins ex-South America were dirt cheap back in September. This was a four-day, three night run, but thanks to the clubs along the way I was able to remain showered!
Old Dec 15, 2014, 6:49 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold
This year was a 14 segmenter as a business trip:

BSL-FRA-BKK-SIN-BKK-NRT-IAD-MCO-GNV-ATL-GSO-ORD-FRA-BSL

Of course a couple of nights in a hotel here and there...!!
Old Dec 15, 2014, 7:30 am

MAN-AMS-WAW-CDG-LAX-CDG-WAW-AMS-MAN

[1 night in Warsaw on the outbound, 2 nights in LA & then again a couple of nights in Poland before flying back to Manchester]

I didn't get particularly tired with the flying bit but I remember getting a nasty flu straight after - the difference in temperature (Warsaw -16°C | Los Angeles +24°C) in such short period of time perhaps didn't help...

G
Old Dec 15, 2014, 8:18 am

Programs: AA EXP;SPG Gold; Priority Club Spire Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
Most for me is 6 segments in a day...

ATL-CLT-IND-DCA-MCO-ATL

ATL-CLT-IND-CLT-ATL-CLT-LGA (This one caused me some issues for doing the ATL-CLT segment twice...they kept kicking out my upgrades since it was same hop 2x in a day.)

I think I could probably get 7 or 8 in sometimes, but after 6 I am shot. I qualify on segments, not miles. So thus the short haul segment runs here and there.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
I like this one...

LGA-MSP-SFO-IAH-ANC-MSP-HNL-KOA back in the days of CO in ST.

I also did JFK-AMS-FRA-MAA-CMB-SIN-ICN-LAX-SFO-MSP-LGA and back, but with breaks at various stops. That was probably my best MR ever (thanks to FT, of course), done in mostly *A paid F (SQ/OZ/LH). Star Gold in one trip.

Oh, and EWR-ARN-KUL-MLE-CMB-SIN-AKL-ICN-CDG-DKR-CDG-JFK in mostly ST J. I miss those kinds of trips...
Old Dec 15, 2014, 9:15 am

Programs: DL DM/2.9M, AA EXP, *A Gold
Last month, we did:

MCO-MSP-YVR-SEA-MSP-SFO-LAX-SLC-SEA-HKG-SEA-SLC-YVR-SLC-MCO.

Not the longest distance run, but we managed a few segments in there. Two nested tickets made the backtracking possible.

Old Dec 15, 2014, 9:15 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, SPG Gold, HH Gold
One year ago today I did 9. PHX LAX SFO JFK SFO JFK BOS JFK LAX PHX. That was for AAdvantage Gold, my first time making status. This year I made executive platinum. Three weeks ago the mileage run for EP was PHX LAS JFK NRT HKG DFW PHX.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 9:19 am

Programs: UA1K
mine is 8 within 24 hours.

DCA-ORD-SEA-SFO-SMF-SFO-SAN-ORD-DCA
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:21 am

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, Delta Base, AA Base
Back in the day, before US left Star and I was based in PIT, I could rattle off 7 segments in a 14-15 hour day - by leaving early and getting back home late. I could back-to-back a Saturday/Sunday for 14 segments and tickets were approx. $250.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.