Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

HELP! UA: MR from SFO for 2k miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2014, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time that I have been close enough to status to consider a mileage run. I'm 2,035 miles from UA Silver and was wondering what's the best route to take to hit this leaving from SFO.

I would be able to fly weekends for the first 3 weekends in December. Thanks in advance for the help everyone!
Old Nov 20, 2014, 4:33 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Welcome to Flyertalk.

I was able to price a same-day turn from SFO-ORD for $253 on 12/6. You could also go out on a redeye on 12/5 and return on 12/6 for $264.

Good luck!
Old Nov 20, 2014, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick reply! roundtrip to ORD is 3,600 miles so I'm really paying $0.12 a mile since I only need 2k miles. Is this my best option?
Old Nov 20, 2014, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
use google.com/flights and plug in your dates and see what pops up. may not be any less expensive to find shorter flights though.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 5:18 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Welcome to FlyerTalk pentiumnivek. I have moved your post over to the appropriate forum for further discussion.

Pat89339
Moderator, Mileage Run Forum
Old Nov 20, 2014, 5:31 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by pentiumnivek
Thanks for the quick reply! roundtrip to ORD is 3,600 miles so I'm really paying $0.12 a mile since I only need 2k miles. Is this my best option?
How about this option.

SFO-SEA RT for $137 on 12/6 and then SFO-SAN RT for $145 on 12/13. This should net you 2250 EQM. As others have posted it might be cheaper to go farther than short hops. If you were elite you could do a 5 segment run within California, but since you are not elite the 500 mile minimums do not apply so you are likely better doing the SEA/SAN combination above or something a bit longer like ORD.

While you have the first three weekends in December I would say you probably only really have the first two weekends as during the third weekend in December you probably will start running into holiday traffic which might mean higher prices due to less supply. Generally the couple weeks after Thanksgiving tend to be quite light from my prior experience from San Francisco.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 11:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat
I am interested in the 5 segment run within California option. Can you please explain more how this works?

Originally Posted by kluau88
How about this option.

SFO-SEA RT for $137 on 12/6 and then SFO-SAN RT for $145 on 12/13. This should net you 2250 EQM. As others have posted it might be cheaper to go farther than short hops. If you were elite you could do a 5 segment run within California, but since you are not elite the 500 mile minimums do not apply so you are likely better doing the SEA/SAN combination above or something a bit longer like ORD.

While you have the first three weekends in December I would say you probably only really have the first two weekends as during the third weekend in December you probably will start running into holiday traffic which might mean higher prices due to less supply. Generally the couple weeks after Thanksgiving tend to be quite light from my prior experience from San Francisco.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.