Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

UA - $134 PQD needed from SFO/SJO/OAK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2014, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,
I'm a total newbie to the forum, and I was wondering if someone could help me figure out the best way to get $134 PQD. I don't want to book the cheapest flight I can find, in case it is too little, since I don't fully understand how PQD are calculated.
Can someone assist?
Old Nov 20, 2014, 1:34 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Hi dell20- Welcome to FlyerTalk and to the Mileage Run forum. As yours is a help request, it will be best served in the Mileage Run Discussion section, so I will move this there. Our guidelines reserve the use of the Mileage Run forum for posting of current fares.

I will move your request to its new home momentarily, and I encourage you to follow the discussion there.

-18sas
Moderator, Mileage Run forum
Old Nov 20, 2014, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
dell20 Welcome to FT ^

You need a flight with a fare cost at or above $135. Taxes and fees are not calculated in PQD.

Might I suggest Dec 7th SFO-SEA-SFO $178 ($145.12 PQD).

When you call UA it won't hurt to ask them to double check my PQD math.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 3:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (2020:Exp), United Gold
Madone59's suggestion is good. For additional options, you can also look on Google Flights for destinations with fares below your target price (i.e. $129 SFO-LAX N-fare, 106PQD) and price a higher-class ticket ($161 SFO-LAX K-fare, 138PQD) on United.

Assuming you don't need more PQM/PQS, a couple more ideas:

Do you have any upcoming flights? If so, you may be able to purchase Economy Plus to make the PQD. (If you have Premier status, this might not be an option, but worth asking.) Another idea is to see if they can reprice the existing ticket to a higher fare.

Good luck!
Old Nov 21, 2014, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Oh, I'm sorry for posting in the wrong place! Thanks for moving.
Also, thank you both for your suggestions. I figured it was based on the fare cost, but I would have been pretty grumpy if I had missed it by like $7 or something.
Thank you both, I really appreciate your help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.