Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL: MSP-EAT (Wenatchee, WA) as low as ~$142ai

Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/SPG Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by yohanson
Finally got my ORC after 6 phone calls and numerous emails to @delatassist.
I was on the phone with a rep yesterday who had no idea what I was referring to regarding ORC. I have never had to request it before so I thought maybe I was losing my mind...

I had two of these back to back (Jan 26-27, Jan 27-28) and didn't fly any of the legs to EAT because of weather cancellations.

Do you think @deltaassist is the way to go? Or should I keep calling in as well?
Old Jan 31, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM

I'm 2 for 2 just doing a request on delta.com
Old Jan 31, 2015, 10:10 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by mann1mal
I was on the phone with a rep yesterday who had no idea what I was referring to regarding ORC. I have never had to request it before so I thought maybe I was losing my mind...

I had two of these back to back (Jan 26-27, Jan 27-28) and didn't fly any of the legs to EAT because of weather cancellations.

Do you think @deltaassist is the way to go? Or should I keep calling in as well?
My problem was that I flew in from OMA earlier that day and someone attributed part of that flight to my EAT flight when I said it was a trip in vain and I wanted a direct flight back to MSP. It took me over 20 minutes to get a boarding pass at the airport the next morning because they were expecting me to fly to SLC first. It was a total disaster with me ending up in the last row of Y.

I ended up getting ORC for all of the EAT flight but the OMA-MSP dropped off and delta.com said it was ineligible for mileage. This happened at least 4 times. The SEA-EAT is still part of my direct MSP-OMA-MSP ticket but it actually has the correct MQMs and MQDs.

I guess the theme here is that it doesn't pay to fly to often, like I do.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 12:44 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Originally Posted by yohanson
It was a total disaster with me ending up in the last row of Y.

I guess the theme here is that it doesn't pay to fly to often, like I do.
I've definitely felt at times that I've caused my own situations by making things more complicated than the average traveller.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 6:40 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
So turns out I should have paid more attention to this thread cause I ended up having to stay in EAT an additional night due to showing up only 35 min prior to departure for the 1052 flight on a Saturday.

Interestingly enough, my same day turns in April will get me there with <40 minutes before departure which is when those [worthless] Horizon employees abandon the ticket counter for the gate area.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 8:28 pm

Why don't you do OLCI? My situation was unique. I had already checked in, but called DL to ask about changing my routing and they messed up my reservation, and I didn't realize it until I was at EAT (too late).
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by capttone
Going Feb 4th, returning 5th, anyone on that schedule? Also Feb. 18 returning Feb 19
Capttone I am scheduled to go on Feb 4-5th. I have done this run three times so far and only one went the whole way to EAT.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 3:42 pm

Maybe we can meet up in Sea or MSP, I am on DL 2253 out tomorrow. Its my first trip, I have a feeling we will be doing the entire run!
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:18 pm

I am on 1770 leaving at 7:50pm then onto EAT at 11:10pm.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 9:26 pm

broncob, I sent you a private message
Old Feb 6, 2015, 1:12 pm

CAUTION: Again, check in at Wenatchee is critical. Gate closes exactly 40 minutes prior to departure AS DOES THE KIOSK. If at all possible, I recommend getting your departure boarding pass in Seattle before you leave for Wenatchee. I was able to do this in the ALASKA Board Room. Also, you CANNOT check in or view your boarding pass on your Delta app since this is an Alaska Air flight.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 2:29 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 2MM, AA ExPlt
CAUTION: Again, check in at Wenatchee is critical. Gate closes exactly 40 minutes prior to departure AS DOES THE KIOSK. If at all possible, I recommend getting your departure boarding pass in Seattle before you leave for Wenatchee. I was able to do this in the ALASKA Board Room. Also, you CANNOT check in or view your boarding pass on your Delta app since this is an Alaska Air flight.
I aM doing several immediate returns.... Can't i do web check in?
Old Feb 6, 2015, 2:44 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 2MM, AA ExPlt
I aM doing several immediate returns.... Can't i do web check in?
Old Feb 9, 2015, 9:00 pm

My delta app would not allow me to check in for the Alaska flights. I came in on the late night flight so I am not sure how the mid morning flight would work. But from what I observed they were strict about closing the ticket counter 40 min. Before flight. Maybe the mid morning flight operates differently. But I would still try to get both boarding passes in Seattle if at all possible.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 9:05 pm

You can check in on alaskaair.com.

There is limited staff so for all flights the counter closes quite a bit before departure.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.