Community
Wiki Posts
Search

8 Segment Run Needed

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2014, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

8 Segment Run Needed

The stuff you folks come up with is impressive and while trying to figure it out on my own, I thought it would be faster and probably cheaper to see what recommendations this forum could provide.

I'll be 8 segments shy of Executive Platinum on AA, so I need a segment run. I live in Kansas City but fly to Chicago each week for work, so I could use either as my starting point.

Any good recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 2:09 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Here's some ideas, there are others in the same general price range.
MCI-DFW-DEN day return is $197 several days, for example 11/15, 12/8.
MCI-PHX-LAS-DFW-MCI is $197 on 11/15, a little cheaper on some weekdays.
ORD-DFW-SDF-CLT-ORD is $171 on 11/15.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:46 pm

Just found this post while searching for solutions to the exact same problem schnetzer is having. I'll be within striking distance of ExP and wouldn't mind helping things along. @jbeckett, if it's no trouble could you briefly explain your method for finding those? Do you use matrix? Multicity search? I know it's a little bit of guess-and-check, but experience seems to enable some folks here to find these things efficiently. Thanks!
Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:56 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I use google.com/flights. Put in MCI for the origin, leave the destination blank. Put in a date likely to be cheap (11/15 or 12/6 are good ones right now), same date for outgoing and return. Choose the alliance under the airline dropdown box. Look carefully at the map to find cheap cities, zoom in enough so that you can see the smaller places.

When you find a candidate, click on the city on the map. Then click on "show flights" and see what is on offer. You can click on the "bars" symbol just below the return date to see a fare calendar. Poke around until you find something you are content with.

It is usually possible to find segments under $50. From some cities you may do better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.