Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] JFK-CTA AA/LX USD$187 RT ai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] JFK-CTA AA/LX USD$187 RT ai

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2014, 8:21 pm
Formerly known as rwk32882

Programs: IHTFP, AS 75k, AA EXP, AC 75k, ex-UA 1K, Ex-BD *G (RIP), SPG Gold
It looks like Alitalia made a schedule change to my MXP-CTA flight. That brings my connection down to 1h 35m. Inbound on AA. Any idea if that is still above MCT?

ExpertFlyer gives me what is shown below. Is the "AA-** ID 1.15 TRM 1 - 1" portion what is relevant to this situation?

Code:
STANDARD.D/D...D/I...I/D...I/I.
ONLINE   1.00  1.00  1.00  1.00
OFFLINE  1.00  1.00  1.00  1.00
** OR * ARE ALL
AA-** ID  1.15 TRM 1  - 1  
AA-** ID  2.00 TRM 2  - 1  
AA-** ID  2.00 TRM 1  - 2  
AA-** ID  1.30 TRM 2  - 2  
**-** ID   .45 TRM 1  - 1   GROUP2 - GROUP2
**-** ID  2.00 TRM 2  - 1   GROUP2 - GROUP2
**-** ID  2.00 TRM 1  - 2   GROUP2 - GROUP2
**-** ID  1.30 TRM 2  - 2   GROUP2 - GROUP2
**-** ID   .50 TRM 1  - 1  ALL - GROUP2
**-** ID  2.00 TRM 2  - 1  ALL - GROUP2
**-** ID  2.00 TRM 1  - 2  ALL - GROUP2
**-** ID  1.30 TRM 2  - 2  ALL - GROUP2
**-** ID   .50 TRM 1  - 1   GROUP2 - ALL   
**-** ID  2.00 TRM 2  - 1   GROUP2 - ALL   
**-** ID  2.00 TRM 1  - 2   GROUP2 - ALL   
**-** ID  1.30 TRM 2  - 2   GROUP2 - ALL   
**-** ID   .45 TRM 1  - 1  
**-** ID  2.00 TRM 2  - 1  
**-** ID  2.00 TRM 1  - 2  
**-** ID  1.30 TRM 2  - 2  
USE T*GRPN FOR CITIES IN A GROUP.  WHERE N IS THE GRP NUMBER.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:59 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA 1k.
Anyone going this coming weekend? Was supposed to take my family but they bailed out---for better or worse
Old Oct 21, 2014, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by vip66
Anyone going this coming weekend? Was supposed to take my family but they bailed out---for better or worse
Yes - will be heading out this weekend via ZRH. Anyone else?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 6:26 am

I'm coming this weekend as well. JFK-MXP-CTA on Friday, CTA-ZRH-JFK on Sunday/Monday (overnight in ZRH).

Does anyone have any specific plans for CTA?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 6:52 am
In Memoriam

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold
Doing JFK-ZRH 26th, UG just cleared 9hr layover
ZRH-CTA 26th
CTA-LIN 27th gets into LIN 11pm ish
was thinking of transferring to MXP right away and sleeping over at MXP to add to my list, then lounging when it opens and catching AA 199 at 9am, no UG yet
Old Oct 21, 2014, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by rwk32882
I'm coming this weekend as well. JFK-MXP-CTA on Friday, CTA-ZRH-JFK on Sunday/Monday (overnight in ZRH).

Does anyone have any specific plans for CTA?
Hiking mount Etna, of course!

Same routing as yours, but I leave on Thu, back Sun-Mon.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 9:25 am

Hiking mount Etna, of course!

Same routing as yours, but I leave on Thu, back Sun-Mon.
Sweet! Which day are you planning on hiking? I'm not sure that I'll have enough time to fit it in...especially when I consider the MXP connection situation. AZ moved up their flight so now I have 1h 25m connection time. We'll see if I make that connection! Currently expected to arrive CTA around noon on Saturday, departing 6PM-ish on Sunday.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:38 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm going this weekend. Leaving Friday JFK-ZUR then ZUR-CTA getting in around 2. Leaving around 7 on Sunday. CTA-ZUR overnighting in ZUR then Monday ZUR-JFK
Old Oct 21, 2014, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin
I'm going this weekend. Leaving Friday JFK-ZUR then ZUR-CTA getting in around 2. Leaving around 7 on Sunday. CTA-ZUR overnighting in ZUR then Monday ZUR-JFK
Sounds good! I'll see you on the return flights if not before. I will have my yellow Flyertalk tags on my bags. Currently waitlisted for an upgrade on ZUR-JFK segment.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 2:02 pm

Location: Loud, dark, warm, lots of ethernet cables, and in some rack space.
Programs: AA:EXP
I'm leaving this Friday on the JFK-FCO-CTA flight. Returning via CTA-ZRH-JFK.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 3:41 pm

Sweet! Which day are you planning on hiking?
Since I arrive Friday morning, I was planning the hike for Saturday. Although, they have a nice sunset hike on Friday evening. I've heard that you can do a short version of the "hike" (cable car + 4x4 bus) in ~2h total.

More on it here http://www.funiviaetna.com/versione_inglese/index.html.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 9:11 am

Since I arrive Friday morning, I was planning the hike for Saturday. Although, they have a nice sunset hike on Friday evening. I've heard that you can do a short version of the "hike" (cable car + 4x4 bus) in ~2h total.

More on it here http://www.funiviaetna.com/versione_inglese/index.html.
I just booked a morning half-day tour with etnasicilytouring.com. Decent TA reviews.

Separately, how are folks getting upgraded on AA? SWUs? I just tried to change to an MCE seat as a gold, and everything is showing blocked. I called, and three separate agents said it wasn't possible because LX controls the ticket. BS.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by onfo
Separately, how are folks getting upgraded on AA? SWUs? I just tried to change to an MCE seat as a gold, and everything is showing blocked. I called, and three separate agents said it wasn't possible because LX controls the ticket. BS.
I used a SWU. Called EXP desk a couple weeks ago and asked if it was eligible. Agent said it was a put me on the waitlist (return flight only, as I thought I was short SWUs). It cleared a couple days ago, but that may not be the end of the story...

I flew down to JFK this morning from BOS on a separate ticket then headed up to the AC and had them check me in for the JFK-MXP segment tonight.

I asked, mostly out of curiosity, if an upgrade was in the cards for tonight. She made a bunch of phone calls (EXP desk, tariff desk, etc why did I ask?) and ended up concluding that it wasn't possible because there is no C inventory available at the moment (also nobody on the waitlist and open seats). She also said that the ticket was awaiting reissue and that process was stuck given that it is on LX stock. This contradicts what I heard from the EXP desk yesterday that my upgrade had been processed, a SWU was pulled from my account, and I was good to go.

At this point, I'm not going to prod them anymore on the issue. I really don't care if I'm in Y tonight as its a relatively short flight. The return ZRH on Monday might be interesting though. I'm just going to let it ride and see what happens. It'll be an adventure regardless of the outcome.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 9:36 am

At this point, I'm not going to prod them anymore on the issue. I really don't care if I'm in Y tonight as its a relatively short flight. The return ZRH on Monday might be interesting though. I'm just going to let it ride and see what happens. It'll be an adventure regardless of the outcome.
Oy, well good luck with the upgrade. Sounds like I'm on your Monday flight ZRH-JFK, but I'll be hanging back in Y. Feel free to toss a warm nut ramekin my way!
Old Oct 24, 2014, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by onfo
Oy, well good luck with the upgrade. Sounds like I'm on your Monday flight ZRH-JFK, but I'll be hanging back in Y. Feel free to toss a warm nut ramekin my way!
Haha, we'll see what happens. If things really go south I could end up in 44E.

I'll have a look at the Etna tour options. I'll likely go on Sunday ahead of my LX departure at 19:45. That might even allow enough time for a full day tour...hmmm, tempting!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.