Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL SEA-HKG $640 nonstop

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] DL SEA-HKG $640 nonstop

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2014, 5:33 am

Programs: DL Diamond
ArmyFlyer05 - Always remove cookies when repeatedly looking for same flights on delta.com. it sees you looking again and ups the price. Word.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DL717
ArmyFlyer05 - Always remove cookies when repeatedly looking for same flights on delta.com. it sees you looking again and ups the price. Word.
I've seen similar on AA.com when searching 'too much'. It appears to raise the price.

Too bad this $640 price is apparently gone though. Was very tempting to do it with a Delta Challenge from AA EXP & the SEA DQM, but I'm just not going to be flying enough next year to even use the Delta benefits. And i'm definitely not going to be spending enough going forward to keep the status.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 8:02 am

Programs: Several dozen
As the world's most trusted airline, you can trust that Delta games your flight searches. It can help to wait a day or so to see lower prices rematerialize like US involvement in Iraq or that bad burrito you had for lunch.

Originally Posted by DL717
Old Aug 13, 2014, 2:16 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by mikelat
I've seen similar on AA.com when searching 'too much'. It appears to raise the price.

Too bad this $640 price is apparently gone though. Was very tempting to do it with a Delta Challenge from AA EXP & the SEA DQM, but I'm just not going to be flying enough next year to even use the Delta benefits. And i'm definitely not going to be spending enough going forward to keep the status.
AA not only does that, but just from simply searching and pricing an itinerary, it creates a PNR and pulls from airline inventory.

One frequent flyer got sued because he would create phantom seats in premium cabins simply from browsing the AA site..
Old Aug 15, 2014, 9:53 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, ICH Platinum, HHonors Platinum, Marriott Gold
I'm doing a HKG long weekend Sept 12-15. Will anyone else be there at that time? Any "must do's" for a short trip?
Old Aug 15, 2014, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Cujos Mom
I'm doing a HKG long weekend Sept 12-15. Will anyone else be there at that time? Any "must do's" for a short trip?
If this is your first time coming to HK, i suggest to go to the Peak to see the skyline of HK. Central, Causewaybay, Mongkok, TST...lots of shopping malls and international cuisine in these areas.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by keitherson
AA not only does that, but just from simply searching and pricing an itinerary, it creates a PNR and pulls from airline inventory.

One frequent flyer got sued because he would create phantom seats in premium cabins simply from browsing the AA site..
There is no proof that AA creates a PNR before you get past entering traveler information. There is discussion around it creating a PNR before you hold an itinerary, but that is after entering in traveler information and not just from 'simply searching and pricing'.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 4:55 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, Ivar's Carte Clam, Taco Time Loyalty Card
Originally Posted by mikelat
There is no proof that AA creates a PNR before you get past entering traveler information. There is discussion around it creating a PNR before you hold an itinerary, but that is after entering in traveler information and not just from 'simply searching and pricing'.
The way Sabre works is to pull available seats from inventory as the PNR is being created; before passenger details and credit card are entered. Its easy to see this on the GDS interface that travel agents use.
For example you can take a look at AA 127 on Aug 18 DFW-PVG it just showed 3 available seats in "B." In the GDS if you sell those 3 "B" seats and then switch screens and look at the availability for the same flight those 3 seats are gone. This is before the PNR has been end transacted with passenger name and details.
Simply searching and pricing does take those seats out of circulation until the itinerary and information has been "Ignored" from the search.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by sos9394
If this is your first time coming to HK, i suggest to go to the Peak to see the skyline of HK. Central, Causewaybay, Mongkok, TST...lots of shopping malls and international cuisine in these areas.
And make sure you watch the movie "Battleship" to see some interesting video of Hong Kong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.