Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] AA/EY:AUH-JFK 241€ , AUH-MIA 379€ , AUH-DFW 303€ from end of August

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] AA/EY:AUH-JFK 241€ , AUH-MIA 379€ , AUH-DFW 303€ from end of August

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2014, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by bucketlist
Once again amazing customer service from AA for EXP...
^
Old Jun 30, 2014, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA LT Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott LT Gold
I am holding 5 reservations done this morning from Aug 27-Sept 17. Now, they are all cancelled. I am not sure if I will call Exec Plat desk to restore them since I have no vacations remaining. It would have been nice to re-qualify for Exec Plat easily for about $2K.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 8:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75
Lounge access

Quick question: which lounge would I be able to use flying these tickets? I'm EXP with AA. TIA!
Old Jun 30, 2014, 10:33 pm
WAS

Programs: National Parks Annual Pass
Originally Posted by amiras
Quick question: which lounge would I be able to use flying these tickets? I'm EXP with AA. TIA!
Well, Etihad is not part of OneWorld, so maybe no lounge at all.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 11:51 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Iberia Plus Plata, SPG Gold
I'm curious how the U.S.-based fliers are positioning for these flights. I made a few reservations for these but couldn't come up with an inexpensive positioning flight to get me to AUH. I was on the road for work this week so I couldn't call AA to check EY or QR award availability but have people found award space to position for these flights? A great deal for all those that are able to partake, I'm sorry to be missing out.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 2:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dipthought
Have 6th -14th Sept AUH-JFK on hold for 193 GBP. Will be going to DTW anyway then, now the cheapest I can find from EDI to AUH RT is 370 GBP
If you have miles available, AB has redemption tickets between DUS/TXL to AUH available for most of the days. And it is possible to do a 4-5 hours turn around.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 6:10 am

Programs: free agent
Talking

Originally Posted by JasonMIA
I'm curious how the U.S.-based fliers are positioning for these flights. I made a few reservations for these but couldn't come up with an inexpensive positioning flight to get me to AUH. I was on the road for work this week so I couldn't call AA to check EY or QR award availability but have people found award space to position for these flights? A great deal for all those that are able to partake, I'm sorry to be missing out.
Probably gonna fly with emirates and take adv of DXB stopover for other trip to position myself or use miles if I can book cheap MR deal to SE Asia.. Anyone who have better ideas for USA based fliers then share
Old Jul 1, 2014, 6:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75
Originally Posted by JasonMIA
EY has pretty good availability. My first R/T start at the end of August and for some reason, award availability is scarce but you can still get some Y tickets....
Old Jul 1, 2014, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Positioning flights are what kept me from doing this. How are y'all getting award tickets on EY (assuming you don't have an EY FF account)?
Old Jul 1, 2014, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Positioning flights are what kept me from doing this. How are y'all getting award tickets on EY (assuming you don't have an EY FF account)?
AA partners with EY, among others.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 11:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL GM, National EC
Hello - Does anyone know if it is possible to change seats online? I am unable to find the EY PNR.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 11:46 am

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by drakbig2
Hello - Does anyone know if it is possible to change seats online? I am unable to find the EY PNR.
You have to call to get your EY PNR. Even so, I got it yesterday and could not change my seat on the Etihad website. AA might be able to just change them for you if they have access. Otherwise you'll have to call Etihad with your EY PNR.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 9:05 am
Suspended

Anyone notice today the airport with US flight will have enhanced security checks? This makes me worrying about my booked trip...I guess Abu Dhabi pre-clearance will be on high alert...
Old Jul 5, 2014, 1:41 pm

*Note – Travel ticketed as an American Airlines marketed flight (booked as an AA codeshare flight number) and operated by Etihad Airways (including travel between New York, Chicago, Washington Dulles and Toronto to Abu Dhabi) will earn AAdvantage base miles and elite qualifying miles, points and segments according to the AA earning structure.

So If I have: AA 5997 and AA 6007 "operated by Etihad Airways" - I will earn miles according to the AA earning structure - 100%?
Old Jul 5, 2014, 7:51 pm

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by idiosyncrasy
You have to call to get your EY PNR. Even so, I got it yesterday and could not change my seat on the Etihad website. AA might be able to just change them for you if they have access. Otherwise you'll have to call Etihad with your EY PNR.
i sent AA a DM on Twitter to make a change to my seating assignment. Had no trouble.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.