Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DTW-NGO $272.27 13642 miles 1.9cpm ai rt

[FARE GONE] DTW-NGO $272.27 13642 miles 1.9cpm ai rt

Old Jun 18, 2014, 7:01 am

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Am I the only one getting the Illustrated Man's tatoos/skin illustrations arguement here? I am, right?

I'm thinking to drop off the last leg on return - YYZ - DTW and purchase YYZ-EWR. It will save me an overnight in DTW and a 5 hr layover. I've bugged out on the last leg of a domestic but never intl before, any issues I'm not seeing here? I know I could be subject to schedule changes this far ahead as well, or not so much on this itinerary...? My DL $0 holy base fare from God EWR-LIH has had 4 schedule changes so far, and it's not until Sept...so I'm skittish.

I'm so lost on the mileage earning potential here and how/where to even credit it. I'm AC/Air Macau/ANA. A dropped leg would forfeit any miles? Any info appreciated.

I'm going to pimp my trip and try to BRG my DTW/NGO nights, if I get anything valid I will share in the DO thread.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 7:55 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Platinum
YMMV on dropping off the last segment. Generally speaking it should go under the radar as long as you don't do it too often.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 8:03 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by redreeper
Am I the only one getting the Illustrated Man's tatoos/skin illustrations arguement here? I am, right?

I'm thinking to drop off the last leg on return - YYZ - DTW and purchase YYZ-EWR. It will save me an overnight in DTW and a 5 hr layover. I've bugged out on the last leg of a domestic but never intl before, any issues I'm not seeing here? I know I could be subject to schedule changes this far ahead as well, or not so much on this itinerary...? My DL $0 holy base fare from God EWR-LIH has had 4 schedule changes so far, and it's not until Sept...so I'm skittish.

I'm so lost on the mileage earning potential here and how/where to even credit it. I'm AC/Air Macau/ANA. A dropped leg would forfeit any miles? Any info appreciated.

I'm going to pimp my trip and try to BRG my DTW/NGO nights, if I get anything valid I will share in the DO thread.

I wouldn't worry about it. You'll get the miles, except for the last segment -- which wasn't going to earn much anyway. And United (assuming that's who you credit to) isn't even going to know you dropped it.

People hidden city all the time.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Wow! Just noticed that if we credit to UA we get our Status Bonus in addition to RDM and PQM for NH and AC flights! I am very happy right now.. Thanks and Safe Travels
Old Jun 20, 2014, 5:13 pm

Programs: DL FO; A3 *G; AA PLT; et cetera
Originally Posted by redreeper

I'm thinking about doing something similar. I posted over in the AC forum about how long it would take to transfer between T1 and T3 at YYZ, and in the alternative, how aggressive AC is on policing duplicate bookings (e.g. a return flight to WAS that leaves about the same time as my originally booked DTW flight...were it domestic, I'd simply leave my FF# off the duplicate booking and retroclaim, and there wouldn't be an issue, but I'm concerned with the passport data on the two YYZ-USA segments matching and flagging something to AC).

Miles usually post on a segment-by-segment basis. Dropping the last one shouldn't be an issue.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Just got an email about major changes as I was moved onto the YYZ-HND flight and now have a forced overnight in TYO and an airport switch both ways.
Cheers
Howie
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:10 am

Programs: AA ExPlat; Marriott Plat: Hilton Gold
I received this major change as well Howie. What are you going to do? I am sure that they are not paying to transport us or overnight us.

Thoughts?
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:23 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Nicksterguy
I received this major change as well Howie. What are you going to do? I am sure that they are not paying to transport us or overnight us.

Thoughts?
What date of Travel. I had an issue on my return but not my outbound of whick I have already rescheduled and reticketed..

Thanks and Safe Travels
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:39 am

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
I got the airport change return 10/28.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thoughts?
I'm alright with it as I wanted to spend sometime in TYO but it is annoying however with mine being booked through Vayama not really expecting much help from them.
Cheers
Howie
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:50 am

Hope this helps: some of us had NRT-YYZ changed to HND-YYZ with a 3 hour connection (which required a ground airport change at our own expense) Several of us whom communicated outside of this thread had been able to avoid the chane of airport to HND by accepting other same day routings from NRT.

NOW! The posts TODAY above mention an OUTBOUND YYZ-HND change (I assume from AC1 YYZ-NRT) Please advise..
Old Oct 9, 2014, 12:43 pm

Ngo do 10/25-10/26

Hi there, If you have booked this fare and want to meet up with other FTers while in NGO. Please post your interest in the following Thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...th-2014-a.html

Thanks and Safe Travels
Old Oct 15, 2014, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thoughts?
The new dates are an issue and want to see what I can do to reticket. Any ideas on what they'll allow?
Cheers
Howie

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.