Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] LA: MEX-IPC (Easter Island) ~$332ai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 19, 2014, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WhIteSidE
Meetup Dates and Members

If you're interested in meeting with other FTers on IPC, please see logistics of who's taking this below. If you're going, please add yourself to the appropriate week.

Weekend of:

April 5:

WhIteSidE
bthotugigem05
BeatTheHeat

April 26:

jorelcuomo

May 17:

FlightWhite

May 24:

jasongc87
zig2
A320Fan

May 26
keepssmile (May 26 - 28)
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] LA: MEX-IPC (Easter Island) ~$332ai

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2014, 11:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
May 8-11 , $571 departure from SJC, OK to buy at cheaptickets web

Originally Posted by SoloTravelerinRed
Thanks for the info. Was looking for a 3-4 day MR!!
Old Feb 13, 2014, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by keepssmile
There was no hold option as it involved non-AA operated flight. The three options were "Credit card" "6 Months Financing" and "Paypal" for me. You can make a dummy booking and see.
You are absolutely right. The AA rep told me it was my fault not putting it on hold and made it seem like they're doing me a favor. Anyway, thank you for pointing that to me.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 1:33 am

Programs: 3.2MM AA, 1.4MM UA,StwdLftPlt
Quick ITA May search from SAT
$465
Old Feb 13, 2014, 2:49 am

MEX-SCL books into Q and SCL-IPC into H...will I be able to earn 100% for AA?
Old Feb 13, 2014, 5:10 am

Programs: A3 Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by nowstime
MEX-SCL books into Q and SCL-IPC into H...will I be able to earn 100% for AA?
H earns 100% miles and 1 point per mile flown. Q earns 25% and 0.5 points per mile for travel within South America, HOWEVER, Mexico is part of North America, so the Other International earnings apply, I. e. 100% miles but 0.5 points per mile flown. Here's the earning chart for LAN on AA:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/ea...rlines/lan.jsp
Old Feb 13, 2014, 7:24 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold) / SPG Gold / Intercontinental Ambassador / AMEX Platinum
LA: MEX-IPC (Easter Island) ~$332ai

Why does AA not let you cancel in 24 hours? Thought this policy was strictly enforced on all US originating flights, no?

BTW - can I cancel in 24 hours on sites like Orbitz or Cheaptickets?
Old Feb 13, 2014, 7:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by sis22
Why does AA not let you cancel in 24 hours? Thought this policy was strictly enforced on all US originating flights, no?

BTW - can I cancel in 24 hours on sites like Orbitz or Cheaptickets?
AA has a 24-hour free hold option. But it's only available when all flight segments are operated by AA or American Eagle.

Orbitz will let you cancel with for free within 24 hours and I believe Cheaptickets will too. It should say on the page before you confirm payment. Hope that helps.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 9:31 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Any update from as?
Old Feb 13, 2014, 9:56 am

booked and added Buenos Aires on the way back for around $520 on flight hub
Old Feb 13, 2014, 10:08 am

You will do better by NOT booking in advance

Originally Posted by cyberUAL
Thank you!!!!!! I got lax-ipc $659 with decent connections. Now any suggestions for accommodations in easter island??
The entire economy of Isla Pascua revolves around tourism. Many residents run B&B's, but are not on the international booking engines. There is one flight per day; the B&B operators set up tables in the arrival hall to catch those w/o advance bookings. I think I was the ONLY person on the 767 who did not have a reservation, and it turned into a reverse auction: knowing that there would be no more prospects until the next day, they were bidding against each other with each offer lower. I think I ended up paying about $14/day. I think that the supply of rooms is greater than the demand (# of inbound pax), so there is zero chance of getting stranded. In the worst case, you will pay "full" price, i.e., the price everyone paid who booked in advance.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by jorelcuomo
booked and added Buenos Aires on the way back for around $520 on flight hub
On flight hub?

From where and what dates?

I would love a stop in EZE.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 10:58 am

Programs: A3 Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by rb.sr
The entire economy of Isla Pascua revolves around tourism. Many residents run B&B's, but are not on the international booking engines. There is one flight per day; the B&B operators set up tables in the arrival hall to catch those w/o advance bookings. I think I was the ONLY person on the 767 who did not have a reservation, and it turned into a reverse auction: knowing that there would be no more prospects until the next day, they were bidding against each other with each offer lower. I think I ended up paying about $14/day. I think that the supply of rooms is greater than the demand (# of inbound pax), so there is zero chance of getting stranded. In the worst case, you will pay "full" price, i.e., the price everyone paid who booked in advance.
Thanks for this! How comfortable are these accommodations? I missed out on last year's LA deal in Business but am thinking of taking advantage of this one, however, let me ask you this, too - how much time do you think is necessary for someone to be able to go through the island? Thanks.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 11:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Do I have to consider the Chile visa fee of $140 and departure fee of $30 in the overall picture?
Old Feb 13, 2014, 11:02 am

Great find! Thinking of going in late May. But before I book it, any good, budget itinerary suggestions for 5-7 days?
Old Feb 13, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by gadhawinner
Great find! Thinking of going in late May. But before I book it, any good, budget itinerary suggestions for 5-7 days?
2 days (or 3 max) are well enough for IPC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.