Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

BNA ---> IAD $737 on UA, $463 thru LHT

Old Jan 29, 2014, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Who knows anymore. It's a f---ing pandemic.

Not sure why, but I was looking to book a flight to IAD through United.com, and the lowest ticket price was $737. A friend going to the same conference looked at Lufthansa and found it for $463. Still not cheap, but a lot better!
Old Jan 29, 2014, 6:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by rstlsgirl
Not sure why, but I was looking to book a flight to IAD through United.com, and the lowest ticket price was $737. A friend going to the same conference looked at Lufthansa and found it for $463. Still not cheap, but a lot better!
and this is a MR how?
Old Jan 29, 2014, 7:11 pm

Programs: 2015 kettle

Great info.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 2:09 am

Programs: AA ExP
It's probably because of married segments. Most are familiar with married segments creating favorable availability, but few realize that married segments (through availability) can also create less favorable availability than segment by segment. Either it's mixing LH-coded and UA-coded flights or the favorable availability logic is not getting through to LH-coded flights. At least, that's my guess. Interesting observation.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Who knows anymore. It's a f---ing pandemic.
Sorry, TrojanHorse. Did my best to find the right forum for this info. Is there a better one for just surprise discounts?
Old Jan 30, 2014, 8:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (2020:Exp), United Gold
I see this route around $350 on multiple days ex BNA (Nashville), and I always see this on sale for $161-220 ex IAD (Washington Dulles) on the United Specials page.

You should try also the other airports in WAS also (DCA, BWI), which may give you better fares in the $270-350 range on more days.

As for posting location, as this well above 10cpm, perhaps this belongs in "Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2014?

But wow, that price disparity you found is amazing!

Safe flying.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.