Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: boxo
As indicated in the thread title, this deal is now dead.

How do I manage my itinerary/check my booking/select seats?

Note that the displayed receipt will be incorrect ($5 higher than actual) owing to a programming error. The taxes/fees shown includes the original $5 WF booking fee. Do not worry about this; it does not change the amount you are actually billed.
How many miles will I earn on United from my flight?
Here's the UA master page listing airline partners. If you click on a partner logo, you'll see a page containing a chart showing the yield for flights taken on partner metal. (It even says explicitly that it's the metal that counts: "The award miles accrued on codeshare flights are based on the operating carrier and their equivalent fare class.")

MileagePlus (UA) earning charts for
Will I do better if I credit to another *A carrier instead?
Maybe.

Miles&More (LH, LX,...) earning charts for
  • United Airlines (UA) (K, L, T fares earn 50%, 25% for flights in 2014)
  • Lufthansa (LH) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Swiss (LX) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Air Canada (AC) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)

Here's the master list of partner earning charts for Aegean (A3) and here's the list for Turkish Airlines (TK).
Are there other FlyerTalk members flying when I am?
Quite possibly! There is a meetup thread on the CommunityBuzz forum. Post if you would like to participate.
Travel reports
Booking/ticketing reports, now largely academic, may be viewed in the wiki history.

Please report below any completed flights and/or difficulties encountered (checking in, boarding, etc.) that appear related to the booking circumstances.
  • Post #2428 reported arriving in STR on 11/28/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2670 reported arriving in MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2680 reported traveling EWR-MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:29 am

The cheapest I could find was NYC-Montreal-Frankfurt-Milan. I actually need to get to either Paris or London. Do I have to fly all the way to the end, or I can stop and get out in Frankfurt? I want to buy Ryanair ticket then to my end destination.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:29 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold) / SPG Gold / Intercontinental Ambassador / AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbm12

Absolutely. There are TATL base fares as low as $10 from time to time. With the advent of YQ the airlines opened themselves up to this sort of scenario.

Exactly, we've even seen $0.50 fares on transatlantics this year (IB/TK)

If airlines want to play the fuel surcharge scam, they get burned sometimes.

No sympathy.
Didn't look at it from that angle, but I wholeheartedly agree.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by partizanka
The cheapest I could find was NYC-Montreal-Frankfurt-Milan. I actually need to get to either Paris or London. Do I have to fly all the way to the end, or I can stop and get out in Frankfurt? I want to buy Ryanair ticket then to my end destination.
Like any ticket, the rest of your segments will be cancelled.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by partizanka
Can't do that on the outbound or the rest of the trip will get cancelled.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:31 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Finally, I can go back to my routine.
The ticket was purchased at 6:34 pm, Nov. 23, just ticketed at 11:23 am, Nov. 24. Got a fraud warning email at 7:24 am. Took care of this and re-enter the same credit info on Wideroe site. All UA metal flights. Another ticket was purchased early yesterday afternoon and ticketed before 7:00 pm yesterday. Good luck with everyone. Keep your faith!!!

p.s.: The ticket number difference divided by the number of hours between the issued time is slightly above 550.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:34 am

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
I've got email receipts and 701 tix # from DCA-ARN, but no pending charge yet; should I call AMEX?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:35 am

What's the fare class for this? I'm earning on TK and can't figure out where to see the fare class.

Originally Posted by ejh25
I see it!

Originally Posted by PaceLaw2012
I've got email receipts and 701 tix # from DCA-ARN, but no pending charge yet; should I call AMEX?
I wouldn't. What can they do?

Did you available balance change? Most AMEX users have noticed the available went down by the amount of the charge they were expecting despite not seeing the charge as pending.

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
good news everyone- just in case you want to cancel your ticket, Wideroe coded our tickets as "REFUNDABLE"

for more info and pics, check out Norwegian Wideroe Airlines Codes Mistake Fares as Refundable Tickets http://bit.ly/Idw0fJ
Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by vizslaky
What's the fare class for this? I'm earning on TK and can't figure out where to see the fare class.
If you pull it up on United.com it should be pretty easy to at least find the UA fare code (only helpful if you're flying UA).
Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by jammanxc
good news everyone- just in case you want to cancel your ticket, Wideroe coded our tickets as "REFUNDABLE"

for more info and pics, check out Norwegian Wideroe Airlines Codes Mistake Fares as Refundable Tickets http://bit.ly/Idw0fJ
Some tickets are coded this way (mine were not). I wouldn't hold my breath on these actually being refundable.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:39 am

I'm looking for the fare class on the Air Canada flights (LGA-MXP). Anyone know?

Originally Posted by danpeake
If you pull it up on United.com it should be pretty easy to at least find the UA fare code (only helpful if you're flying UA).
Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:40 am

Anybody have any luck on finding any more IAH deals? Would love to get a December run in too.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:41 am

Purchased: 1610 EST 23 NOV
Fraud Email: 0855 24 NOV
AMEX call: 1048
Posted charge: 1107
Ticketed: 1127

SAN EWR DUB EWR SAN
25 March - 1 April

Dont know what else to do, i already chose my seats, can they take it back at this point?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA GLD
Decisions decisions now that AC tickets are FDing...

As a US Gold until 2014/soon to be AA EXP, i'm trying to figure out whether this is a good idea to fly these 2.9 CPM LGA-YUL-FRA-MXP MRs (no same day turns AFAIK). credit on US before March 1st, and have that count as EQM for AA once FF merge. 8500 miles would be a great start to the year! edit: K fares on AC only accrue 50% when crediting to US.

Pros: possibly get EQM/RDM on US that will then count towards AA, hang out in the LH FRA gold lounge, risotto alla milanese and osso bucco, ridic shopping, the duomo, easy high speed trains to FCO, VCE, FLR...

Cons: Can't credit on US, 2 connections (one of which is 70 minutes at FRA), "wasting" a weekend just to fly for status, slowly losing my soul in Y with no chance for upgrades without significant copay if at all since its AC/LH metal.

Last edited by psychoandy; Nov 24, 2013 at 12:36 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.