Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: boxo
As indicated in the thread title, this deal is now dead.

How do I manage my itinerary/check my booking/select seats?

Note that the displayed receipt will be incorrect ($5 higher than actual) owing to a programming error. The taxes/fees shown includes the original $5 WF booking fee. Do not worry about this; it does not change the amount you are actually billed.
How many miles will I earn on United from my flight?
Here's the UA master page listing airline partners. If you click on a partner logo, you'll see a page containing a chart showing the yield for flights taken on partner metal. (It even says explicitly that it's the metal that counts: "The award miles accrued on codeshare flights are based on the operating carrier and their equivalent fare class.")

MileagePlus (UA) earning charts for
Will I do better if I credit to another *A carrier instead?
Maybe.

Miles&More (LH, LX,...) earning charts for
  • United Airlines (UA) (K, L, T fares earn 50%, 25% for flights in 2014)
  • Lufthansa (LH) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Swiss (LX) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Air Canada (AC) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)

Here's the master list of partner earning charts for Aegean (A3) and here's the list for Turkish Airlines (TK).
Are there other FlyerTalk members flying when I am?
Quite possibly! There is a meetup thread on the CommunityBuzz forum. Post if you would like to participate.
Travel reports
Booking/ticketing reports, now largely academic, may be viewed in the wiki history.

Please report below any completed flights and/or difficulties encountered (checking in, boarding, etc.) that appear related to the booking circumstances.
  • Post #2428 reported arriving in STR on 11/28/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2670 reported arriving in MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2680 reported traveling EWR-MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by thaijplily
nothing is available any more, except for NYC-MXP on AC
I was so close to jumping on that but it's 2 connections both ways at 15-17 hours. For my dates, non-stop EWR-MXP is only $200 more.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by jesslonguf
I can't get it to work, assuming you are referring to the Air Canada flights.

Wideroe sends me a confirmation number via e-mail after purchase. When I try to look up info on both Air Canada and Wideroe's site, I am told the confirmation number is not recognized. I never got any sort of e-mail from Wideroe that my booking was cancelled, though.

I am going to keep trying.
Originally Posted by ivk5
Same here, I just successfully booked LGA-MIL for Jan 18-20 for ~286 USD. Will see if it tickets.
Just booked LGA-MXP. Not holding my breath.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA MP Silver
I just got JFK - MXP for $254 for March 6-13. It's on AC though so who knows if it will stick.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by dedkends
Just booked LGA-MXP. Not holding my breath.
I was able to get an AC confirmation code. I'm just waiting on ticketing and a CC charge now, but since someone earlier got a ticket for an AC flight, I am feeling a lot more hopeful.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; AA ExPlat; Hilton Diamond
Got my SFO-DXB ticketed overnight. Now thinking about another trip to Europe in September, but have to factor in re-positioning cost this time...
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA, KLM, United, Amex, Chase, Hilton
UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Yeah I just looked. Seems like LGA-MXP is still low but that's with 2 connections. That's so annoying.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA, KLM, United, Amex, Chase, Hilton
Originally Posted by ilovesf
I just got JFK - MXP for $254 for March 6-13. It's on AC though so who knows if it will stick.
Nonstop?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:08 pm

I can't get it to work, assuming you are referring to the Air Canada flights.

Wideroe sends me a confirmation number via e-mail after purchase. When I try to look up info on both Air Canada and Wideroe's site, I am told the confirmation number is not recognized. I never got any sort of e-mail from Wideroe that my booking was cancelled, though.

I am going to keep trying.
Seems unremarkable to me. For the ones I booked with UA codeshares on LH metal, the WF PNR doesn't match the UA or LH PNRs either, it just happens that it popped up on my Mileage Plus radar because I gave my UA MP # to WF at booking time.

The trick with the AC ones is going to be to figure out how to get the AC PNR without calling either AC or WF. If anyone has any ideas, I think a lot of us could use the tip.

In retrospect, probably would have been better to give AC # at booking time and then change it to UA later...
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by wudxoc
First heard of this deal yesterday evening and thought I might have missed out. Gave it a shot and tried booking JFK-MXP for early February. Booked at 04:52 EST early this morning. Pending charge on my CC for the booking. Got Receipt e-Ticket from Widerøe at 13:19 EST.

I don't want to get ahead of myself but I'm not exactly sure what this means for me. Flights are on AC and don't see any related information there...
I assume you're Edwin on TFD reply?

I booked my LGA-*-MXP around 6 am EST, just got email alert my Cap1 Aspire card (real-time pending authorization) got charged $923 CAD ($873 USD for 2A1C1infant) at 1:20pm EST, no invoice email yet, so hoping that comes soon

I couldn't look up on AirCanada.com with my reservation PNR (even though it shows on CheckMyTrip.com)
I intentionally did NOT give them my AC # either as I wanted to use my A3 *A Gold later
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:09 pm

I was able to get an AC confirmation code. I'm just waiting on ticketing and a CC charge now, but since someone earlier got a ticket for an AC flight, I am feeling a lot more hopeful.
When/how did you get the AC confirmation code?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:09 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold | Club Carlson Gold | Le Club Platinum | British Airways Silver | * Alliance Gold |
Originally Posted by MissMiles
Nonstop?
No, these flights have stopover in YUL or YYZ and one stop in Europe.

Last edited by tcook052; Nov 24, 2013 at 12:53 pm
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:10 pm

Did anybody book a flight that goes out this week? I'm curious to know if UA will react oddly to any PAX that has a ticket.

If not, I've got a ticket booked for 12/3. So I may be one of the first canaries in the coal mine.

Will keep you appraised.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by jerryhung
I assume you're Edwin on TFD reply?

I booked my LGA-*-MXP around 6 am EST, just got email alert my Cap1 Aspire card (real-time pending authorization) got charged $923 CAD ($873 USD for 2A1C1infant) at 1:20pm EST, no invoice email yet, so hoping that comes soon

I couldn't look up on AirCanada.com with my reservation PNR (even though it shows on CheckMyTrip.com)
Yep that's me. The only missing piece is still AC for me.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by ivk5
Seems unremarkable to me. For the ones I booked with UA codeshares on LH metal, the WF PNR doesn't match the UA or LH PNRs either, it just happens that it popped up on my Mileage Plus radar because I gave my UA MP # to WF at booking time.

The trick with the AC ones is going to be to figure out how to get the AC PNR without calling either AC or WF. If anyone has any ideas, I think a lot of us could use the tip.

In retrospect, probably would have been better to give AC # at booking time and then change it to UA later...
The AC # is on checkmytrip. Pull up the trip, click on more details for flight #1, and it will say "Confirmation Number:Air Canada XXXXXX"
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:12 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
I just booked LGA-MXP for early March. I will update if ticketed. Price was about $262

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.