Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] LA MEX-EZE $153 All In

Old Feb 21, 2014, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Exiled in Express
Name your visit

beckoa 24 February- 6 March, 2014 *might not stay the whole time in BUE
Exiled in Express BsAs 10 March to 15 March, MEX 9 March.
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:03 pm

Museo Larco looks interesting, although my 7 hour layover is 6am-1pm so I'm not sure how feasible it is.

It's been a full business day with no signs of cancellations. Does this mean the tickets will be honored? I don't want to book flights to MEX, hotels, etc, until I'm confident the ticket won't be cancelled.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:19 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Originally Posted by keegster51
Does anyone know if I can leave the airport to visit Lima, Peru and Santiago, Chile during my ~7 hour to explore each city for a few hours? Do those countries require I purchase a visa like Argentina does? I am a US citizen.
In Chile US citizens must pay the $160 reciprocity fee on arrival in Santiago. Argentina is an additional $160, you must prepay this online.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat

I'm traveling with a 2yr old infant who is a US citizen. Should he also pay the $160 visa fee?
Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:59 pm

Programs: SPG 75 Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Delta PM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by keegster51
Thank you! I actually have never been out of the country before, this will be my first time. Hopefully everything turns out okay. Any recommendations what we should do during our 7 hour layover in Lima?
I would either take a quick trip into old town and do either some tours of churches or walk around the central square. On the other hand in Miraflores there is a great mall - larcomar- on the cliffs with some great restaurants, along with walking / bike paths along the coast.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by 1KHI
I'm traveling with a 2yr old infant who is a US citizen. Should he also pay the $160 visa fee?
for EZE, my 1yo had to last Nov.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Exclamation

I wrote a few trip reports regarding Mexico City, Lima, and Santiago if you need some hotel ideas, food recommendations, or ideas on what to do:

Mexico City - http://first2board.com/pointssummary...t-mexico-city/

http://first2board.com/pointssummary...r-mexico-city/

Lima, Santiago - http://first2board.com/pointssummary...-run-vacation/

http://first2board.com/pointssummary...antiago-chile/
Old Nov 9, 2013, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA Silver/Marriott Gold/Hilton Gold
Anyone figured out how to select seats on the SCL-MEX leg on LAN? I selected my seats for the LAN flights from LIM-EZE and EZE-SCL, but for the SCL-MEX leg, it says:
"Cabin or flight does not allow seat reservation."

Is it because it's an 'N' fare? Any help would be appreciated since that's the longest leg by far at close to 9 hours. Do not want to end up in the middle.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 8:46 pm

Programs: LATAM Black; AA EXP
Originally Posted by Majikow
Anyone figured out how to select seats on the SCL-MEX leg on LAN? I selected my seats for the LAN flights from LIM-EZE and EZE-SCL, but for the SCL-MEX leg, it says:
"Cabin or flight does not allow seat reservation."

Is it because it's an 'N' fare? Any help would be appreciated since that's the longest leg by far at close to 9 hours. Do not want to end up in the middle.
It actually is because of that. Lowest fare buckets don't allow seat booking.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by SCLflyer
Hmmm. I was able to choose seats LIM-MEX but not MEX-LIM, despite both segments being the same class. I had put it down to the first segment being operated by Aeromexico.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 2:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by itchyfeet123
Hmmm. I was able to choose seats LIM-MEX but not MEX-LIM, despite both segments being the same class. I had put it down to the first segment being operated by Aeromexico.
Did you have to contact AM? Or was this changable on LA's site?
Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
Did you have to contact AM? Or was this changable on LA's site?
The segment operated by LAN I did on LAN's website. I haven't done anything about MEX-LIM yet.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 9:51 am

Programs: UA Silver/Marriott Gold/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SCLflyer
Damn. So there's no way to even call up and get a seat assignment? I just have to wait til check-in?
Old Nov 11, 2013, 6:23 pm

I just did seat selection via AM chat for Mex-Lim and vv. Worked easy about 10 minutes.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I'm doing MEX-LIM-SCL-AEP/EZE-LIM-MEX.

Oddly enough, I can only select seats for SCL-AEP and EZE-LIM, despite the entire itinerary being an "N" fare.

Does anyone know how the "N" fares will earn on AA? According aa.com, intra-South America flights earn 25% on N fares - however, will they still get bumped up to 500 per segment at minimum if I'm EXP?

Starting to book the LAX-MEX-LAX positioning flights - anyone else book their positioning flights yet? Any suggestions/tips?
Old Nov 11, 2013, 10:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by maverick17
I just did seat selection via AM chat for Mex-Lim and vv. Worked easy about 10 minutes.
Excellent. I just need to contact them during operating hours which is proving to be difficult

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.