Old Aug 7, 2013, 12:41 pm

Programs: The local deli gives me 1 free sandwich after I buy 10
Best in 10 years...

#1 YYZ-FCO-LCA-MXP-YYZ (business) $182.70

#2 RGN-BKK-ICN-NRT-CHC (business/first) $267

#3 RGN-BKK-FRA-JFK (business/first) $487

#4 JFK-JNB-MRU-JNB-IAD-LAX-LIH-LAX-JFK $846

#5 JFK-CDG-FCO-CDG-JFK $279

...and 9 trips to Hawaii averaging $249 per ticket -mostly out of NYC (best priced ATL-ORD-HNL-ORD-ATL $132)

Last edited by Clincher; Aug 7, 2013 at 12:50 pm
Old Aug 7, 2013, 12:50 pm

Programs: The local deli gives me 1 free sandwich after I buy 10
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
The MSP-GEG US/UA F fares for about $200a/i (routable via CLT, DEN, LAX, SFO, etc) were epic. Back then, the fares earned 300% EQM/RDM in BD's program (600% RDMs after you had earned 55K EQMs as a Gold). By spending several weekends criss-crossing the country in domestic F (and checking out lovely Couer d'Alene once in GEG), I managed to rack up hundreds of thousands of redeemable miles in BD's program. Thanks to BD's geographically-challenged Indian call centre, I was able to parlay those miles into some very creative long-haul F and C redemptions. BD used to have a rule that the longest segment on the reward booking controlled the redemption rate (i.e., if the longest segment was in C, but the itinerary had segments in F, you paid the C redemption rate). Thanks to NRT-AKL being 21 miles longer than LAX-NRT, I was able to route LAX-NRT-AKL-PER, with the first segment in UA F, and the rest in NZ C, and only pay C redemption rates. I miss the good old days.
This was the stuff that made FT so awesome!
Old Aug 7, 2013, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
These are the ones I've done, not as great as some of the ones mentioned, but still, good.

1) AA MKE-SFO $78, about 5 years ago
2) UA ORD-JFK $64, last years mistake fare, should have been $132 each way
3) AA ORD-FRA $250, 4 years ago, I dont think it was a mistake fare, but still cheap.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 1:10 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by Gamecock
I've only done one.

FRA-DFW-LAS-LAX-BOS-LAX-BOS-LAX-BOS-LAX-BOS-LAX-ORD-FRA

BIS Miles: 33,674
DEQMs: 67,348
Total RDMs earned: 109,124
Don't do mileage runs as I get way more than my share of miles for business but just reading this made my legs go weak... yikes!
Old Aug 7, 2013, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I don't have top five but the ones that I can remember

AA - EWR-DFW-HNL-DFW-EWR ~ $140
AA - LGA-DFW-SEA-DEN-SEA-DFW-LGA ~ $150
Old Aug 7, 2013, 1:39 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, Hyatt Dia, SPG Gold, Shangri-La(h) Jade
At Singapore Airlines to requalify for PPS Club or Solitaire status one must spend SGD$25,000 in a year. My qualifying year was about to end and I was about SGD$7K short and so I did a Business class run on SQ22/21 SIN-EWR-SIN round trip on the same day which put me in 37 hours of flying.

SQ SIN-EWR-SIN SGD$7760
Old Aug 7, 2013, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
A few years ago, SFO/LAX-SYD/MEL on UA was priced very cheaply (<$500 by eliminating YQ) and for a while allowed connections in HNL, all during UA DEQM days. I remember quite a few flying SFO-HNL-LAX-SYD-LAX-HNL-SFO for 50K EQMs, with the kicker being the use of 1 e-500 each to upgrade SFO-HNL-LAX and LAX-HNL-SFO. I took the easy way out - SFO-SYD-SFO but that was enough for me to reach 1K so I wasn't greedy.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 2:09 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Who can forget the AZ LCA Swim Team on this MR?
AZ Business YYZ-FCO-LCA for $33 Round Trip + taxes. This one was my all-time favorite: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...-alitalia.html
Old Aug 7, 2013, 2:32 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG, Marriott, Hilton, Alaska
Originally Posted by kiwimagic
2010 Hawaiian ICN to SEA in business. HA cancelled but offered economy as compensation to anywhere HA flew. I booked 4 tickets received a full refund plus extra for currency appreciation then flew SEA- MNL rtn and SEA-PPY rtn for wife and I , Received enough HA miles to redeem for 2 YVR-MIA rtn on DL.
This is a great deal! That is a great return for the cancellation.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Hyatt Platinum,Marriott Platinum,Etihad Gold
How can you become UA1K in just one or at max 2-3 MIleage runs? spending less Dollars.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA
My R3 RGN routing was:
RGN-KUL-SIN (MH C)
SIN-LHR (SQ F - suites)
LHR-YUL (AC Y).

Total price was $283, and was honored. I think it is pretty tough to beat that as a top mistake fare, even if the last segment was in Y - a once in a lifetime opportunity to see what the SQ suites are like.

My family also did the El Al JFK-ZRH-TLV (in Y) in March this year, and the ticket was $330 each - not as amazing as some of the past deals, but for all of us to go to Israel for that price was awesome.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 4:02 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
BOS-SAN 60AI on UA
RGN-YVR- $250 in F on KE
HKG-IST(stopver)-LAX in TK PE $400
Old Aug 7, 2013, 5:11 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
I'm surprised that AZ PROMOJP fares haven't been mentioned. My favourite: GVA-FCO-AUH-FCO-LIN 40 JPY (<0,5$ a/i). Not exactly MR as I spent a couple of days in UAE.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 11:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver Elite, AA Lifetime Plat 4.5M, DL Medallion Lifetime Silver, DL MillionMiler
Did SAN-LAX-SAN nightly for almost two years. Cost was $19 each way with no AP. Frequently there were double and triple mile offers. The flight almost always consisted of a friend and I accompanied by what I perceived to be 50-80 illegal aliens making their way to their Los Angeles labor pool. Only twice in those two years did I see any Border Control presence although I reported it frequently.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 3:30 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
The best one I have ever had was with LH in F class all the way ex-CGK to LAX:

CGK-FRA-DXB-FRA-LAX-FRA-DXB-FRA-CGK

All sectors flown in F class and the total cost was in the range of USD$ 8500

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.