Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] SEZ-DUB One-Way; USD$288+tax (~338 ai) in EY/HM business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2014, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mlqsko
That 70min connection at AUH is screaming issues. Beaware!
I agree. My flight got in on time, spent around 15 minutes at Duty free and I was one of the last to board the flight to DUB. The gate that EY uses for DUB is at least 20 minutes walk.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got to say though Full credit to EY and HM for honouring the fare ^^^^^^^
Old Mar 12, 2014, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Got to say though Full credit to EY and HM for honouring the fare ^^^^^^^
True but their ground operations s*** major d***. Arrived without luggage in DUB. Now leaving for BER, then tomorrow another destination. So may see my luggage in a week....

The lady that rebooked us probably forgot to take care of the luggage so it never left AUH.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

True but their ground operations s*** major d***. Arrived without luggage in DUB. Now leaving for BER, then tomorrow another destination. So may see my luggage in a week....

The lady that rebooked us probably forgot to take care of the luggage so it never left AUH.
To be honest that transfer time is way to less. Like I said I was last to board my connection and my flight got in on time.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA 1P, DL Gold, SPG Gold

Just wanted to thank everyone who posted to this thread. Your tips, hints and experiences helped me in planning and executing my trip to the Seychelles, a place I may not have visited otherwise.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 10:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, CC Gold
Originally Posted by jhflyer
Just wanted to thank everyone who posted to this thread. Your tips, hints and experiences helped me in planning and executing my trip to the Seychelles, a place I may not have visited otherwise.
Couldn't say it better myself, thanks OP and all who flew before us for the tips. I'm writing this from the Hilton Northolme Ian Flemming suite after 2 days on Praslin, La Digue and Curieuse. Incredible islands and great people here, very happy we got to experience this. Will be leaving tomorrow night and will report back as everything goes well (hopefully).

I'm thinking we should request mods split the second half of the thread with all the tips and move it to the destination forums as there's a lot of great info in here. What do you guys think?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by alpen1
Couldn't say it better myself, thanks OP and all who flew before us for the tips. I'm writing this from the Hilton Northolme Ian Flemming suite after 2 days on Praslin, La Digue and Curieuse. Incredible islands and great people here, very happy we got to experience this. Will be leaving tomorrow night and will report back as everything goes well (hopefully).

I'm thinking we should request mods split the second half of the thread with all the tips and move it to the destination forums as there's a lot of great info in here. What do you guys think?
Good luck catching the AUH-DUB flight!
Old Apr 5, 2014, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alpen1

There is some great info in here.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 9:56 am

Etihad Pearl Business Class A320-200 Mahe – Abu Dhabi: http://youhavebeenupgraded.boardinga...ahe-abu-dhabi/

Etihad Pearl Business Class A330 Abu Dhabi – Dublin: http://youhavebeenupgraded.boardinga...-dhabi-dublin/
Old Apr 10, 2014, 9:09 pm

Anyone in mahe right now?

I'll be in Mahe for a few days starting today. Let me know if you're there and want to meet up! Thanks again everyone for the resources of this thread!
Old Apr 29, 2014, 11:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, CC Gold
Good luck catching the AUH-DUB flight!
a bit of a late response but we booked ours with an 8 day stopover in AUH - made it easy! ^
Old May 1, 2014, 11:15 am

Seychelles (Mahe Island) Tips

Thank you all for sharing this fare and all of the guidance. My trip a few weeks ago was great. Here are some tips for anyone considering the Seychelles in the future.

Also note that Le Meridian Hotel, Barbaron, is closed for renovations. Possibly opening up later this year, a local business owner told me, but there wasn't much activity visible when I was near.

I highly recommend renting a car. The smaller the better. You can arrange this through one of the guys at the airport. When you leave the secured area there are a dozen car rental stands from local companies. Going rate of a compact car is $40 Euros per day.

CELL SIM: You can buy a pre-payed package from either Cable or Airtel ( the two providers in Seychelles). There is a gift shop at SEZ that sells Airtel cards. You have to bring your own nano sim cutter if you want to use the card in an iPhone 5S (the lady doesn’t have any cutters). The activation process and getting it working in my phone was a bit difficult, but this info will help:

To check internet packs dial *121*8#
To check data packs dial *121*11#
To recharge dial *121*3#
To check balance dial *121*2#

I was able to get the voice signal to work immediately after putting the SIM card into the phone, but to get the data to work I had to change the APN to (without quotes) “airtelgprs.com” (in your iPhone settings - Cellular - Cellular Data. Leave the username and password fields blank.

Once up and running, voice worked fine and data was running at 3G speeds most of the time on Mahe island.

CURRENCY: The Seychellois Rupee is the currency of Seychelles. $1 USD = 12 SCR. Everyone takes euros without question. Retailers and restaurants will convert your total to Euros and will give you that number if you ask for it. Many retailers accept Visa but it usually takes 1-2 min for the transaction to be approved through their internet connection.

FOOD:

Recommendations from locals that I tried:

Veranda Cafe - really friendly owner, good for lunch and dinner (call them first if you want to do dinner, they’ll stay open for you), reasonably priced - opposite Le Meridian Hotel, Barbaron. Awesome reviews, my favorite meal on the island!!

Kaz Zanana - Pink Salt - good for lunch in Victoria (Revolution Ave). Tiny parking lot.

The boathouse = creole good price - AWESOME, CASUAL, LOCAL CREOLE BUFFET

La Fontaine near boathouse - pizza. Wasn’t very good.

Recommendations from locals that I never got around to trying:

La Perle noire = lobster whiskey pasta. Tuna capacho must try.

La plage - best seafood. Very fancy.

La scala - best creole food

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.