Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MR Schedule Change

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2013, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Why did you accept that itinerary? The whole point of calling in is so you can change it to something that works for you.
I didn't. I "accepted" the invalid routing, which is what showed up on my screen at the time. Then it changed on its own.

I was actually going to wait until the last minute to call in, in hopes that there would only be Y class fares available and the agent wouldn't bother to put my original booking class on there. More miles for less time in the air is always good.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 2:54 pm
Suspended

I have booked a flight from JFK-SFO-HKK-Vietnam(forgot code). Due to a minor schedule change I am now left with only 60 min instead of 90 for passport control etc. in SFO. The ticket is in K and normaly non refundable,does the change mean that UA is legaly obliged to refund the ticket,including E+ charges,even if its normaly nonrefundable.Im a non american citizen(visa waiver country) and not realy comfortable with 60 min. If I am legaly entitled to a refund,is there any way to do this online,I live in Turkey I and doing it on the phone would probably take all day. Actually I bought the ticket as a "semi MR" bcs I was going to the US at the time,now the US trip is not realy necesary any longer,so a refund would actually be great!
Old Jun 12, 2013, 6:08 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Check the UA forum

It may be doable to cancel your reservation. But I do not think that there is passport control at SFO. Check the UA forum for more suggestions.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...es-2013-a.html
Old Jun 18, 2013, 11:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA S, AA G; AS G; DL | SPG P50, M G, CC G, IHG P, HLT S | Hertz PC, Avis F
Originally Posted by geirfugl
I have booked a flight from JFK-SFO-HKK-Vietnam(forgot code). Due to a minor schedule change I am now left with only 60 min instead of 90 for passport control etc. in SFO. The ticket is in K and normaly non refundable,does the change mean that UA is legaly obliged to refund the ticket,including E+ charges,even if its normaly nonrefundable.Im a non american citizen(visa waiver country) and not realy comfortable with 60 min. If I am legaly entitled to a refund,is there any way to do this online,I live in Turkey I and doing it on the phone would probably take all day. Actually I bought the ticket as a "semi MR" bcs I was going to the US at the time,now the US trip is not realy necesary any longer,so a refund would actually be great!
I assume you mean HKG instead of HKK. Depending on which carrier operates SFO-HKG, Minium Connection Time is
  • 45 mins, if SFO-HKG is operated by UA
  • 60 mins, if SFO-HKG is operated by SQ
  • 95 mins, if SFO-HKG is operated by CX

Good luck asking for refund!
Old Jun 30, 2013, 9:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
A 6 segment MR of mine just had a schedule change. Several flights changed times, but the start and end time are exactly the same, and there's really no room to rework it to add another segment.

If I just leave it in this state of an unaccepted change, does that let me do a free "last minute" cancellation, if something else in my life were to come up?

My biggest worry with booking an MR six months out is that I'll need to just forfeit it because I have to do something else, but I believe changes would let me cancel, right?
Old Jul 3, 2013, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Just had a last minute delay to my SAN-EWR-BOS-IAH-SAN red eye mileage run this evening (5 hours before my flight). Got a text from UA at 5 pm saying the first leg was delayed due to late arriving aircraft. Was to leave SAN at 9:27 pm and return back at 2:15 pm on the 4th. The delay would have resulted in missing my connection in EWR and screwed up my MR.

I called UA and explained the problem. She looked over my record and said "you're on a turnaround" to Boston because I only had 1:25 on the ground in BOS and asked me what I wanted to do?

SAN is a 2 hour drive from my house so I asked to fly in and out of LAX and fed her the flight numbers for LAX-SFO-BOS-EWR-LAX. It took a few minutes but she happily put it through. Ended up with a few extra miles and saved 2 1/2 hours of driving. All in all a pretty good result. And she thanked me for flying United.

Thanks to all for posting their experiences so that others can benefit.
2919scott
Old Jul 7, 2013, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
A 6 segment MR of mine just had a schedule change. Several flights changed times, but the start and end time are exactly the same, and there's really no room to rework it to add another segment.

If I just leave it in this state of an unaccepted change, does that let me do a free "last minute" cancellation, if something else in my life were to come up?

My biggest worry with booking an MR six months out is that I'll need to just forfeit it because I have to do something else, but I believe changes would let me cancel, right?

agents have become sticklers lately for "major schedule changes" to process refunds. since you state that your origin departure and destination arrival times are unchanged, you will be paddling upstream to get a refund. if the operating carrier changed on any flights on your itinerary, you can use that as leverage.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 10:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K

do watch out for .bomb accepting the change for you; for some reason .bomb accepted an illegal connection for me (2 mins in Denver) even though i never clicked accept...luckily the agent on the line saw that and allowed me to cancel w/out penalty..
Old Jul 11, 2013, 11:06 am

Programs: UA
MR Schedule Change

Any chance UA will give me an ORC instead of refund for a cancelled MR because of schedule change? I have 3 illegal connections on the itinerary.
Thank you for your input.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 9:18 am

Programs: UA 1K
i dont think so...ORC usually involves some kind of flying...
Old Jul 14, 2013, 10:02 pm

Programs: AS MVP / AA Plat / ex-UA Silver
Originally Posted by 2919scott
Just had a last minute delay to my SAN-EWR-BOS-IAH-SAN red eye mileage run this evening (5 hours before my flight). Got a text from UA at 5 pm saying the first leg was delayed due to late arriving aircraft. Was to leave SAN at 9:27 pm and return back at 2:15 pm on the 4th. The delay would have resulted in missing my connection in EWR and screwed up my MR.

I called UA and explained the problem. She looked over my record and said "you're on a turnaround" to Boston because I only had 1:25 on the ground in BOS and asked me what I wanted to do?

SAN is a 2 hour drive from my house so I asked to fly in and out of LAX and fed her the flight numbers for LAX-SFO-BOS-EWR-LAX. It took a few minutes but she happily put it through. Ended up with a few extra miles and saved 2 1/2 hours of driving. All in all a pretty good result. And she thanked me for flying United.

Thanks to all for posting their experiences so that others can benefit.
2919scott
Thx 2919scott for providing an example. I'm kind of new to all this...so wondering are you able to pull this kind of creative schedule change without paying extra, even if this new routing is more expensive than your original itinerary? Thx for the input.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.