Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Posting Fare Info w/ MR Deals

Posting Fare Info w/ MR Deals

Old Apr 5, 2013, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Lightbulb Posting Fare Info w/ MR Deals

I'm trying to start an effort to inject a bit more detailed info on fare rules into the posts on the Mileage Run Deals forum. I'm hoping this will help everyone put together better and more interesting MR's. I'm also hoping that folks will help out by adding info to posts themselves

Perhaps it would help to explaing my motivation. It seems like a lot of posts on the MR Deals forum result from brute-force searching on ITA or some other tool, the result being that we get one or two sample dates and routings, but not a whole lot more. I'm certainly not complaining, since the folks doing that searching are the ones getting us these awesome deals. But, because I like to play as many games with fares as is humanly possible, I always end up looking up the fare info, and it occurred to me that I might as well post what I find out. I should mention that some folks - CokeandTaco comes to mind - already include fare info with their posts, which I very much appreciate.

I plan to start adding this info to United fares when I can, to start. I'll also be adding descriptions of the different fields to this OP, and will link to it each time I post fare info.

I've put some examples below. Let me know what you think!

Fare Info (what is this?)

Basic Info: NYC-PIT UA LE143FS $179/RT
OW/RT: ROUND-TRIP
AP: 14
Effective: 4/16 - 6/13
Day/Time: ALL
Special (>2 X-Fers, Stopovers, Etc.): NONE
Min/Max Stay: V/30

Routings
NYC-EWR/WAS/PHL/CLE-PIT

Basic Info: NYC-SEA UA LA14HN $194
OW/RT: ONE-WAY
AP: 14
Effective: NOW - EOS
Day/Time: ALL
Min/Max Stay: N/A

Routings
NYC-CHI/CLE/DEN/EWR/HOU/LAX/SFO/WAS-SEA

Basic Info: NYC-LAX UA GAU10KS $129
OW/RT: ONE-WAY
AP: 10
Effective: NOW - EOS
Day/Time: -AU- (TUE/WED)
Min/Max Stay: N/A

Routings
TRAVEL MUST BE NONSTOP

Last edited by mgcsinc; Apr 5, 2013 at 10:49 pm
Old Apr 6, 2013, 10:04 am
Original Poster

FYI, I've now added info to a couple of MR Deals threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...-per-mile.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...ted-dates.html
Old Apr 6, 2013, 5:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
I've put some examples below. Let me know what you think!
I just noticed this, but I love it...I hope there is more of this altogether throughout the MR forum!

I always look into the fare rules and try to see what else I can get away with on a given fare.

Since I don't have access to the routing rules, could you post some routing rules on interesting options for some of the MR deals? The WAS-ANC deal (and others) are pretty self-explanatory, but sometimes, there are obviously some nice routings available for those in the know!

Thanks again - When I post MR deals, I'll try to add Fare Rule details when appropriate!

-jeremy
Old Apr 6, 2013, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kmfdm91
Thanks again - When I post MR deals, I'll try to add Fare Rule details when appropriate!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by kmfdm91
Since I don't have access to the routing rules, could you post some routing rules on interesting options for some of the MR deals? The WAS-ANC deal (and others) are pretty self-explanatory, but sometimes, there are obviously some nice routings available for those in the know!
I have been posting the routing rules at the bottom, as they're pretty important for taking best advantage of the deal. Or is there something more specific you're interested in seeing?
Old Apr 7, 2013, 11:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Thanks for this, makes it really quick and easy to see the info. I appreciate your efforts.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BThumme
Thanks for this, makes it really quick and easy to see the info. I appreciate your efforts.
Good to hear it's helpful!
Old Apr 8, 2013, 3:26 pm

Programs: United
how do you find all of the fair rules to post?
Old Apr 8, 2013, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Titanium, National Executive, Delta Silver, United Silver
Originally Posted by tmiles1999
how do you find all of the fair rules to post?
It looks like the only way is by paying $$$ Either expertflyer.com or KVS Tool. This is why it would be really nice for people to paste this info in.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jnojr
It looks like the only way is by paying $$$ Either expertflyer.com or KVS Tool. This is why it would be really nice for people to paste this info in.
I think that this is right for routing rules. Fare rules are available from many sources, including the ITA Matrix.

A note: I highly recommend investing in a membership in one of the paid services if you're a frequent flyer -- it's definitely worth it!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.