Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Help! How to calculate cost per mile on my first MR

Old Apr 4, 2013, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA UA (2P) US

Okay so I am planing my first mileage run here in June I normally fly United and I found ABQ-LAX-OGG and returning the same way for 920.80 dollars (total the base fare is $860) and flying a total round trip of 6,326 Miles so now I am trying to find out how to find the cost per mile for this trip to see if its worth it
Old Apr 4, 2013, 9:22 am

920.8 $ / 6326 Miles = 14,5 cpm .... So a fare is usually considered a mileage run worthy fare, if the cpm is 5 or lower for economy class.

The rest you may be able, to conclude for yourself...
Old Apr 4, 2013, 9:23 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
divide the price by the mi....

you should check sju on sun,mon or tue...it can be decent....
Old Apr 4, 2013, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA UA (2P) US
Thanks for your help! Well I am not going to Maui just for the miles any time soon lol
Old Apr 4, 2013, 9:29 am

Oh, and by the way ... You might want to look at the FAQ`s on how the mileage run and mileage run discussion forums work .

Link: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...rums-work.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.