Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Gone] AZ: 320 discount on Alitalia operated flights (.JP)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Gone] AZ: 320 discount on Alitalia operated flights (.JP)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2012, 2:19 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by crunchy
Cancellation e-mail received but still looking good on Saudi site ~7 hours later. This is a ticket that was not free ($20something) but there is no activity showing on the credit card statement.
I'd ignore that cancellation email - it is that coupons on SV site are changing to 'Void' on some tickets. But not all. Yet.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by FFlyerCDG
As DOT never takes care of individual cases, I'm not really sure it will be very helpful this time...
Seems most of the guys here were interested in the foc domestic tkts or almost foc European ones
That's why I limited my post to those who had tickets that touched U.S. soil. There were quite a number of folks who bought JFK-FCO-MAD tickets for about $250 where it could be useful. M'kay?
Old Oct 21, 2012, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I give AZ credit for acting faster than the RGN round 3 airlines
Old Oct 21, 2012, 2:26 pm

I bought 2 tickets GVA-JFK-VCE. AZ must have sold a lot of tickets that touch US soil.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by funkdoc
I bought 2 tickets GVA-JFK-VCE. AZ must have sold a lot of tickets that touch US soil.
Let me ask you:

1) Was there any ambiguity in what the origin and destination points had to be, or your country of residence, to use the promo offer AZ posted?

2) Was there any ambiguity for what the final price of your ticket would be anywhere in the booking process?

If you can honestly answer "no" to both questions, I'd gather you have a solid case to present to the US DOT for enforcement action against AZ if they cancel your tickets or deny you boarding.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 2:38 pm

Programs: M&M
Originally Posted by orbitmic
It doesn't matter, if you have no ticket then you can't claim denied boarding. It requires a valid ticket and standing reservation, this is very much clear in the reg. If anyone got idb comp for voided tickets then it was a mistake (probably happened because the airline agreed it was their fault the ticket was voided and should not have been - not going to happen with these).

Also Alitalia goddamn well can, allowed and do cancel all bookings. Whether they should be, will be punished for this is another question.

Originally Posted by AeroWesty
1) Was there any ambiguity in what the origin and destination points had to be, or your country of residence, to use the promo offer AZ posted?
No. No restrictions, no nothing, just plain old crappitalia site with doodles.

2) Was there any ambiguity for what the final price of your ticket would be anywhere in the booking process?
No, apply voucher, from that point on that was the price displayed all through checkout including the confirmation mails. Concrete enough?
Old Oct 21, 2012, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
What i mean is that there're trustful-reliable journal than Repubblica.
Anyway, this does not affect our issue!!
Repubblica is pretty good (at least, depending on your viewpoint in Italian politics ), and certainly mainstream; I would say all press is good press, but it's true AZ likely won't care...

Originally Posted by CDKing
I give AZ credit for acting faster than the RGN round 3 airlines
Shockingly efficient coming from AZ in my opinion
Old Oct 21, 2012, 2:45 pm

No, the argument is that you DO have a reservation which was confirmed and eticket issued and which you haven't cancelled yourself. There have been plenty of cases of confirmed reservations being unilateraly (albeit usually accidentally) deleted/cancelled by airlines and people being told that they can't board once arriving at the airport. People do ask for compensation under denied boarding under these conditions. So the only question, as I mention earlier, is whether AZ have the legitimate right to cancel the tickets. If not, it becomes eligible under EC 261/2004 under denied boarding the moment you go to the airport wanting to check in.
This is fully in line with my own views. I am planning to present myself for check-in with a confirmed reservation and eticket in hand.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 2:46 pm

Let me ask you:

If you can honestly answer "no" to both questions, I'd gather you have a solid case to present to the US DOT for enforcement action against AZ if they cancel your tickets or deny you boarding.
1) No
2) No
Old Oct 21, 2012, 2:47 pm

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Let me ask you:

the same to me..same route, same answer!
I'm going to probably complain with DOT..but i don't think DOT will care on single claim!
Old Oct 21, 2012, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
the same to me..same route, same answer!
I'm going to probably complain with DOT..but i don't think DOT will care on single claim!
I am joining this group:
http://www.facebook.com/events/457711377613637/
Old Oct 21, 2012, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by FrankTalk
It doesn't matter, if you have no ticket then you can't claim denied boarding. It requires a valid ticket and standing reservation, this is very much clear in the reg. If anyone got idb comp for voided tickets then it was a mistake (probably happened because the airline agreed it was their fault the ticket was voided and should not have been - not going to happen with these).
Article 1, point (g):

(g) "reservation" means the fact that the passenger has a ticket, or other proof, which indicates that the reservation has been accepted and registered by the air carrier or tour operator;

Again, this is exactly what we all have.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 3:05 pm

Programs: M&M
Originally Posted by EU261
means the fact that the passenger has a ticket
Now you do. But how exactly will you "have a ticket" after it's gonna be canned by the airline?
Old Oct 21, 2012, 3:06 pm

Programs: BA, KL, DL
Just got the "void" label under flight coupon when checking on the Saudi website. Looks like my e-tickets have just been cancelled...
Old Oct 21, 2012, 3:12 pm

Programs: KM P, DL S | SPG G, HH S | Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
No, the argument is that you DO have a reservation which was confirmed and eticket issued and which you haven't cancelled yourself. There have been plenty of cases of confirmed reservations being unilateraly (albeit usually accidentally) deleted/cancelled by airlines and people being told that they can't board once arriving at the airport. People do ask for compensation under denied boarding under these conditions. So the only question, as I mention earlier, is whether AZ have the legitimate right to cancel the tickets. If not, it becomes eligible under EC 261/2004 under denied boarding the moment you go to the airport wanting to check in.
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.