Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 15, 12, 10:11 pm   #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 26
NYC AA Mileage Run needed

Greetings - looking for a mileage run from LGA or JFK that doesn't cost a fortune. A segment run at a good price would work too.Anything on the radar?
serenediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 12, 3:06 am   #2
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Honolulu, HI
Programs: UA 1K, AA Exec Plat
Posts: 925
Ticket prices to Hawaii are good (about $500). Not exactly mileage run material, but about 5cpm is very good.
__________________
2012: UA 155K AA 65K 2013: UA 150K AA 150K
1KHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 12, 4:19 am   #3
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 4,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KHI View Post
Ticket prices to Hawaii are good (about $500). Not exactly mileage run material, but about 5cpm is very good.
That is how I wrapped up my 30K requirement with the AA 1K challenge. As you say, not really mileage run material but a very nice jog.
mcgahat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 12, 4:21 am   #4
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Honolulu, HI
Programs: UA 1K, AA Exec Plat
Posts: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgahat View Post
That is how I wrapped up my 30K requirement with the AA 1K challenge. As you say, not really mileage run material but a very nice jog.
I'm also closing my 55K qualification next week with that fare. Very good.
__________________
2012: UA 155K AA 65K 2013: UA 150K AA 150K
1KHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 12, 7:40 am   #5
In Memoriam
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: dallas texas usa
Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
Posts: 14,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenediver View Post
Greetings - looking for a mileage run from LGA or JFK that doesn't cost a fortune. A segment run at a good price would work too.Anything on the radar?
/

any specific # of mi or segs needed?....by when?

you can run any day?
__________________
don....i'm practicing to be a grouchy old man, and getting good at it....
clacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 12, 8:04 am   #6
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC & PHL
Programs: AA EXP (> 1MM BIS), SPG-G, Marriott-S, Hilton-G, Hertz PC, AMX-P, Global Entry
Posts: 1,597
MR Run Ideas from NYC - Going for AA EXP
JMN57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 12, 12:03 pm   #7
In Memoriam
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: dallas texas usa
Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
Posts: 14,840
look at sjc.....under $300....
__________________
don....i'm practicing to be a grouchy old man, and getting good at it....
clacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 12, 1:28 pm   #8
In Memoriam
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: dallas texas usa
Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
Posts: 14,840
hnl isn't bad....$540....
__________________
don....i'm practicing to be a grouchy old man, and getting good at it....
clacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 12, 10:59 am   #9
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 26
Well I'm headed to London for family stuff but when I return I will still need about 13000 miles - which I don't think should be hard considering the double elite miles offer...I would prefer to travel a quick turn leaving thurs/Friday comingback Sat/Sunday from NYc - LGA or JFK is ok. Any tips?
serenediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 12, 11:08 am   #10
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Jersey Shore
Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Enterprise Exec
Posts: 9,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenediver View Post
Well I'm headed to London for family stuff but when I return I will still need about 13000 miles - which I don't think should be hard considering the double elite miles offer...I would prefer to travel a quick turn leaving thurs/Friday comingback Sat/Sunday from NYc - LGA or JFK is ok. Any tips?
There is no dEQM offer.
__________________
2014 CPUs: 13/20 Missed: EWR-SEA, SEA-EWR, SFO-PHL, PHL-SFO, SAN-EWR, IAD-SMF, PSP-IAH
aacharya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 12, 11:25 am   #11
In Memoriam
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: dallas texas usa
Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
Posts: 14,840
lga/jfk-left coast & back +lga-mco gets 1589 bis each way w/500 min...should do it...
__________________
don....i'm practicing to be a grouchy old man, and getting good at it....
clacko is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 2:04 pm.




SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.