Need American Airline Miles

Subscribe
I am looking for a way to get some extra miles so I can keep my AA Platinum this year. Anyone know any good air deals from Pakistan as I live and work at the US Embassy there.
Quote: I am looking for a way to get some extra miles so I can keep my AA Platinum this year. Anyone know any good air deals from Pakistan as I live and work at the US Embassy there.
Welcome to Flyertalk. Just so you know this should be in the mileage run discussion forum. This is for deals you have found and want to share low price with others. Good luck.
AA miles from Pakistan
I am looking for a way to get some extra miles so I can keep my AA Platinum this year. Anyone know any good air deals from Pakistan as I live and work at the US Embassy there.
How many miles do you need?
What types of deals have you found? FTers are eager to help those who have shown some effort before asking for assistance.
what booking site do you use for flights? neither aa or orbitz will show flights from isb.....perhaps use a ta?

w/a generic site you can use brute force to look at routes quickly & see whats available on aa & partners...
I am flying to Phuket in October and the only airline I can find that will give me miles for elite status is Airberlin. It is really hard being based in Islamabad trying to find an airline that I can use to get the extra miles towards my elite status.
How do you get 'home' or back to America normally?

I would think the easiest thing is to fly a local carrier to a major city that OneWorld serves, then buy a ticket from the major city to Phuket.

You can use matrix.itsoftware.com to do a search "nearby" Islamabad (say a 500-mile or 1000-mile radius) to Phuket and see who has the lowest fares.

In the advanced routing codes, you can specify /alliance oneworld to restrict flights to OneWorld.
Quote: I am looking for a way to get some extra miles so I can keep my AA Platinum this year. Anyone know any good air deals from Pakistan as I live and work at the US Embassy there.
You can earn AA miles while flying EY - see link for details and a few exceptions. Looks like all fares earn at least 100%.

Looking at one of the 'specials' on EY's website, ISB-AUH-CDG-AUH-ISB will earn around 10K miles for $850 (~8.5 cpm).

http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/ea...nes/etihad.jsp
Quote: You can earn AA miles while flying EY - see link for details and a few exceptions. Looks like all fares earn at least 100%.

Looking at one of the 'specials' on EY's website, ISB-AUH-CDG-AUH-ISB will earn around 10K miles for $850 (~8.5 cpm).

http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/ea...nes/etihad.jsp
http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/el...quirements.jsp
Quote:
Earn elite-qualifying points, miles and segments for travel on eligible fare tickets on: American Airlines, American Eagle, the American Connection carrier, oneworld member airlines and their affiliates, Alaska Airlines (including Horizon Air), and American Airlines codeshare flights where the ticket reflects an American Airlines coded flight number.
I think the EY flight would have to be a codeshare with an AA flight number to earn EQMs.
Welcome to FT!

Have you looked at CX out of KHI? It's a 5 hour nonstop flight to BKK, going on to HKG. From BKK, you can take a domestic to HKT.
How many miles do you need for AA Platinum?

Maybe better to just do a Platinum Challenge next year if you are far off. That would require AA Metal though.
Quote: How many miles do you need for AA Platinum?

Maybe better to just do a Platinum Challenge next year if you are far off. That would require AA Metal though.
Actually, any code share flight with an AA flight number will qualify, as well as BA, IB, and JL (I think) marketed and operated flights.