My first ever mileage run - help please

Subscribe
I am planning to stay for a few days in each destination, not just flight>flight>flight etc, but I am a member of KrisFlyer, and I want to simply get as many KF miles as possible in October/November on some kind of round trip, starting and ending at LHR.

I currently have 19,980 miles with SQ, which is a pittance I know, compared to most people, but I plan to potentially triple (at least) that in the space of a few weeks in the sky.

Am I right in saying that even though I choose to fly SQ where possible, I will still earn 100% krisflyer miles with any Star Alliance partner?

I was thinking of doing LHR-SIN-SYD with SQ, and then SYD-AKL-LAX with Air New Zealand, then LAX-NRT with SQ (very cheap leg). Then, from NRT I am stuck, as I still need to visit preferrably BKK, HAN, PEK, DEL and DXB. I realise I cannot stay on Star Alliance for the whole journey, but does anyone have any help with a routing?

Maybe NRT-PEK-HAN on Air China, and HAN-BKK-DEL/DXB with Thai. Then a final couple of legs on Swiss via Zurich to get me home.

If I flew to Delhi, there is no way to get to DXB on Star Alliance?
tukish showed up on bom-dxb.....i think its *A....

maybe change your routing a bit?
Quote:
Am I right in saying that even though I choose to fly SQ where possible, I will still earn 100% krisflyer miles with any Star Alliance partner?

Maybe NRT-PEK-HAN on Air China, and HAN-BKK-DEL/DXB with Thai. Then a final couple of legs on Swiss via Zurich to get me home.

If I flew to Delhi, there is no way to get to DXB on Star Alliance?
Re 100% Krisflyer miles, you should definitely check SQ credit rules for partner airlines. Some airlines restrict 100% credit to certain fare classes e.g UA limits which LH flights gt full credit.

From NRT, you also have Ana option and possibly Asiana. You could even take UA to BKK or ICN if you really wanted to. I couldn't think of nor find any *A airlines flying DEL-DXB but maybe you could do an open jaw for that and just purchase a one way fare for that segment on EK or an Indian carrier. Several *A carriers do fly out of DXB.

Enjoy your trip, sounds like a lot of fun!
Quote: tukish showed up on bom-dxb.....i think its *A....

maybe change your routing a bit?
TK is *A so if you can fly BOM that would work.

According to the chart below, Air India is a SQ partner, though not a *A member, so you could also take AI and at least RDMs.. Also note classes that only earn you partial credit.

http://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/ppsc...FOALLevels.pdf