Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA NYC Runs: 25k miles needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2012, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA

Hey there,

Does anyone have any suggestions about possible runs I can do to get 25k eqms by year end. Difficulty is with work, I can't really take any time off during the week. So ideally, i'd leave NYC Friday night and get back Sunday. Weekends i'm looking to travel are September 28-30th, October 5-7th, 12-14th, and November 16-18. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Shawn
Old Sep 6, 2012, 6:13 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
a quick look showed $275 bos-lax via dfw 9/29-30.....~5500 bis...

jfk didn't work for that date.....

play around w/ trans cons to sea/sfo/lax/etc....maybe ~ $1500 ai...

plus keep an eye on mr deals....

Last edited by clacko; Sep 6, 2012 at 6:18 pm
Old Sep 6, 2012, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
You could do some JFK-SAN turns. There a 763 to SAN in the evening (leave Fri); same plane back the next AM. It prices at $143 each way which is pretty cheap. The return gets in too tight to fly right back but there's a 5PM via LAX that would get you back to SAN Sat night and then catch the return on Sunday. That would be $570 for about 10k on a weekend.

My personal favorite is SJU-HNL-SJU which can be done in 33 hours (6:40AM departure, back to SJU next day around 3PM). With a JFK-SJU RT it's around 15k miles and CAN price well (J is reasonable and very nice for the DFW-HNL-DFW legs). But I don't think you can get a good fare turning on the weekend as Sat return from HNL is not a deal.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 7:57 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by shawn2ca
Hey there,

Does anyone have any suggestions about possible runs I can do to get 25k eqms by year end. Difficulty is with work, I can't really take any time off during the week. So ideally, i'd leave NYC Friday night and get back Sunday. Weekends i'm looking to travel are September 28-30th, October 5-7th, 12-14th, and November 16-18. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Shawn
I've seen AA JFK-LAX flights for $338 rt during the weekend - 4,950 miles - $0.068 per mile is pricey. If you can do mid-week, fares yesterday were as low as $248 rt. That's a more palatable $0.05 per mile. JFK-SFO yields a few more miles, but the aircraft replacement has been issue (see elsewhere in AA forum).
Old Sep 7, 2012, 8:32 am

Programs: aa ua dl jb starwood marriott hyatt
It's not a mileage run but you can get up to 10000 AA points for renting a car from Budget.
Not sure if I can post the link but if you google Budget AA 10000 you can get the info or check the Budget forum at flyertalk.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 11:32 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by anngi
It's not a mileage run but you can get up to 10000 AA points for renting a car from Budget.
Not sure if I can post the link but if you google Budget AA 10000 you can get the info or check the Budget forum at flyertalk.
I don't think that qualifies for EQMs. OP did not state the reason why he was looking for miles, perhaps elite qualifying level or promotion offered by AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.