Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL: MSP/ATL/others to Georgetown, Guyana $398

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2012, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold

Can get it to around 4.4 cpm from MSP routing through DTW, ATL, BOS and ATL, CVG. Late August into at least late November. Bookable at DL.com and elsewhere. Not bad these days.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 6:09 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
wow also cheap from Canada(ex YVR) for $507 AI. Anything under 5CPM is crazy from Canada
Old Jul 3, 2012, 6:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, AMEX Plat
Same day turns available on a weekend, and add extra stop for $10 ex-ATL.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 7:02 pm

Programs: *W Plat, Hyatt PLT,PC RA Plat, Virgin Gld, CO Gld, DL Gld, HH Diam, KL Gld
$310 from NYC
Old Jul 3, 2012, 7:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Etereve
Can get it to around 4.4 cpm from MSP routing through DTW, ATL, BOS and ATL, CVG. Late August into at least late November. Bookable at DL.com and elsewhere. Not bad these days.
Edit: Mistake!
Old Jul 3, 2012, 7:26 pm

Programs: Lots
Thanks OP! It's about $495 from SAN. I'd noticed it around $800 a few weeks ago and was wishing I had a VDB voucher to cut down the price. For $500 I had to bite for a week in October. Anyone been to Guyana on vacation before? Quick research shows a good bit of eco-tourism opportunities. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IggySD
Thanks OP! It's about $495 from SAN. I'd noticed it around $800 a few weeks ago and was wishing I had a VDB voucher to cut down the price. For $500 I had to bite for a week in October. Anyone been to Guyana on vacation before? Quick research shows a good bit of eco-tourism opportunities. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
I thought the falls tours at http://www.airguyana.biz/ looked interesting, though not much less expensive than the flights there. I'm going in November (thanks to a VDB voucher); care to be a Guyana Pig?
Old Jul 3, 2012, 7:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
$485 from SLC. SLC-BOS-JFK-GEO for 10288 (4.71cpm) or SLC-ATL-JFK-GEO for 9777 (4.96cpm).

Not bad from a hub!
Old Jul 3, 2012, 7:47 pm

Programs: *W Plat, Hyatt PLT,PC RA Plat, Virgin Gld, CO Gld, DL Gld, HH Diam, KL Gld
I would go if I could find anything of intrest anyone find a reason to go?

Fare comes up as : 4TH LEVEL INSTANT PURCHASE FARES ? what is that
Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3xter
I would go if I could find anything of intrest anyone find a reason to go?
From http://wikitravel.org/en/Georgetown_(Guyana)

"Movie star Pauly Shore has a party mansion called the Class Act after his 1992 movie of the same name. The mansion is situated on the outskirts of town in a former mangrove that was drained in order to build the property. During January and Febuary when Pauly is in residence, there are many "invite only" parties to attend with B-list semi-celebrities like Matt Dillon, Carrot Top and Seth Green."

Other than that, maybe waterfalls, jungle, the highlands or an alternative entry to northern South America?
Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I grabbed one of these, too: $399 from FLL, through JFK, for 7212 MQMs. Going in September for 2 days. Any ideas on things to do there?

Bruce
Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:42 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by 3xter
$310 from NYC
What days??
Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:50 pm

I thought the falls tours at http://www.airguyana.biz/ looked interesting, though not much less expensive than the flights there. I'm going in November (thanks to a VDB voucher); care to be a Guyana Pig?
I've been called worse...

I was interested in going to Jonestown but apparently it's been abandoned and returned to the jungle.

The waterfall does look interesting, yeah the tour is $$$ but don't know that there's any cheaper way to do it.

Also looks like Suriname is a 3 hour bus / van ride from Georgetown. If things get boring in Guyana I suppose I could see what's across the border although looks like a visa is required for US citizens.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by mridley2
What days??
07-10SEP is $311 from JFK. Pretty much any Thu/Fri to Mon in SEP comes up as $311 on ita. Don't know if you want to stay a longer or shorter period of time but you should be able to find something in your range.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 9:22 pm

ya saw that, but B-list ehhh.

From http://wikitravel.org/en/Georgetown_(Guyana)

"Movie star Pauly Shore has a party mansion called the Class Act after his 1992 movie of the same name. The mansion is situated on the outskirts of town in a former mangrove that was drained in order to build the property. During January and Febuary when Pauly is in residence, there are many "invite only" parties to attend with B-list semi-celebrities like Matt Dillon, Carrot Top and Seth Green."

Other than that, maybe waterfalls, jungle, the highlands or an alternative entry to northern South America?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.