Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

USA to India & Africa with Possible Europe in November

USA to India & Africa with Possible Europe in November

Old Jun 30, 2012, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Hertz Gold, Hilton Gold
Smile USA to India & Africa with Possible Europe in November

Hi FT friends,

I am planning a lot of travel in the next 6 months, and I wanted all your advice on how to maximize mileage/status and other rewards. The first step I have taken is to apply for the following credit cards for my wife and I:

1. SPG Amex - We both already have (Gold as well)
2. Citi AA - 2 cards each using "two browser trick" - Just Approved
100K Bonus Miles potential each with some spend req which we will easily meet.
3. BA Visa (Chase) w 100K bonus, etc.
With some spend requirements which we can easily meet.

We also have the Standard Chartered (India) Emirates Card (MC) as an option to use.

Our planned itinerary is as follows:

July end - RSW > BLR
Mid August (17th or so) BLR > JNB
Mid September (18th or so) I am going JNB > RSW and the wife will be going JNB > BLR
We are also condiering (and most likely going to do):

Me: RSW > Somewhere in Europe (Flexible on where I land)
Wife : BLR > Womewhere in Europe (Also flexible but the same place as I choose) sometime in early November.

Assuming I am using No Miles to book these itineraries, what would be your recommendations/routes to accomplish maximum mileage accrual and status with the least expenditre? We are travelling on Y throughout btw unless there is some mistaken fare that gets us on J or F for a lot less.

Your time, advice and efforts are as always, highly appreciated
Old Jun 30, 2012, 4:59 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
you want emirates mi?

why don't you post the ticket info for your trip & ask for help in getting the best return....dates, flights, money....it's not a big job...

this looks like a fare request which is a ft no no....

or consult a ta....
Old Jun 30, 2012, 7:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
There are other FT forums to better discuss the CC earning aspect of your plans so let's please focus on the MR options only in this forum.

It is generally good to bring what you've found in your own research and solicit help to improve upon it rather than asking members to do all the heavy lefting for you. Maybe you could share some of the routes and mileage amounts you've discovered so far.

tcook052
MR Forums Moderator
Old Jul 1, 2012, 12:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Hertz Gold, Hilton Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by clacko
you want emirates mi?

why don't you post the ticket info for your trip & ask for help in getting the best return....dates, flights, money....it's not a big job...

What is "Ticket Info"?

this looks like a fare request which is a ft no no....

This is not a fare request. I have a TA already to pull fares for me. If you take the time to read my post properly, what I am asking is if you or anyone else has general information based on the scenario, etc. that would improve my mileage earning capacity and future usage on my planned trip to Europe. So while EK might have the best fare in terms of CPM, if AA or OW partner had the possibility of more miles on a certain itinerary that would be some useful information.

or consult a ta....
Thanks but I obviously know that I can consult a TA and I have one already who does a great job. I don't think TAs are particularly good at or interested in providing the best mileage earning possibility.

You do know that if you have nothing constructive to add to the conversation, you always have the option of just not saying anything right?
Old Jul 1, 2012, 12:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tcook052
There are other FT forums to better discuss the CC earning aspect of your plans so let's please focus on the MR options only in this forum.

It is generally good to bring what you've found in your own research and solicit help to improve upon it rather than asking members to do all the heavy lefting for you. Maybe you could share some of the routes and mileage amounts you've discovered so far.

tcook052
MR Forums Moderator
I am not asking anyone to do any heavy lifting. I am asking for general advice. You will notice that I made no reference to "what is the best fare" or some other fare quote.

Frankly it's pretty simple. Based on the cards I have available and the routes I have planned, is it better to use one carrier/alliance/route to accomplish this at the lowest possible cost (which I presume will be accomplished by earning the most miles at the lowest CPM)? So I respectfully differ with your opinion that the CC information is irrelevant because it has to figure in a major way into the whole plan.

I also don't know the intricate details of which FF progs are easiest to attain status in. So for instance if AA status was easiest to attain, then one might advise that I go with an AA or OW carrier, or because I am EK Gold already that it is better to just continue flying EK. Again the theme is "general" advice on maximizing mileage, which I would define as MR related. If someone wishes to provide specific advice that they think is useful on say a MR opportunity to these destinations, they are of course welcome to post.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 7:09 pm
In Memoriam

your thread is in the mr discussion forum, which isn't really applicable to most of what you ask....

there are destinations forums under travel & dining that might be of some help....

perhaps alerting the mods and asking to move this is the thing to do....

click on the red triangle at the bottom left of one of your posts to bring up the form....

this gets lots of requests for mr help, some of which are i'm going a-b-a on dates need x alliance ....whats the best i can get....for this, its a fare request unless you post the ticket you will buy....

no malice intended in my suggesting a ta....

sounds like a great set of trips....

f
Old Jul 1, 2012, 7:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by aruniyer
I respectfully differ with your opinion that the CC information is irrelevant because it has to figure in a major way into the whole plan.
My opinion wasn't that they were "irrelevant" as you will notice that I made no reference to that word in my previous post, just noting that they are a secondary consideration on this forum and that the focus of replies should be upon MR earnings aspects of your request.

tcook052
MR Forums Moderator
Old Jul 1, 2012, 8:14 pm
In Memoriam

re cc's....look in the miles buzz forum.....there are requests on churn, how to use what mi for a trip, etc, etc....but you seem to know something about it....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.