Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Old May 3, 2012, 5:53 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by indo79
Hence I will try to check in for my MI RGN-SIN flight in SIN before I fly SIN-RGN, or show my receipt and itinerary.

Also through this http://www.worldtravelguide.net/myanmar/passport-visa, I see that Visas for Myanmar are required by all nationals referred to in the chart above except transit passengers continuing their journey by the same or first connecting aircraft, providing they hold valid onward or return documentation and do not leave the airport.

Oh well we will see.
I would not trust worldtravelguide, as it's a website with no authority whatsoever. A better bet is Timatic, the system the airlines use to look up visa regulations:

http://www.delta.com/planning_reserv...lang=en&loc=us

Looking up the requirements for a US citizen connecting in Myanmar on the way to wherever (I selected Malaysia), you get this:

National USA (US) /Transit Myanmar (MM)
Destination Malaysia (MY)
ALSO CHECK DESTINATION INFORMATION BELOW

Myanmar (MM)

TWOV (Transit Without Visa):
Visa required, except for Holders of onward tickets transiting

(For details, click here) by the same aircraft.

Malaysia (MY)
If you click on "for details, click here", you get this:

http://www.timaticweb.com/cgi-bin/ti...buser=DELTAB2C

R32) TWOV

Transit Without Visa (TWOV): Passing through an international
transit area of the airport in order to board a connecting (or

to proceed by the same) flight, without entering the country
(i.e. clearing immigration).

Unless stated otherwise, passengers wishing to TWOV must:
- be en-route to a third country (e.g. itinerary TYO-LON-TYO is not considered TWOV);

- prove that they will continue their journey within the

prescribed period (e.g. hold onward tickets);

- have documents required for entry into the country of
destination and for transit through countries en-route;

- remain in the transit area (airside) or on the aircraft.

Baggage belonging to TWOV passengers must be checked through
to their final destination.

TWOV is not intended for those holding stand-by tickets, e.g.

airline staff or other passengers travelling on industry
discount.
This means a turnaround onto the same aircraft is not possible (because returning to the city of origin is excluded under the TWOV regulations), and other airside transfers are not allowed. Basically, the rule applies to those whose aircraft makes a technical stop in Myanmar, say on a BKK-RGN-CCU routing.

I highly recommend you get yourself a visa!
Old May 3, 2012, 6:09 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by psyflyer
I think your missing the point although I feel for your predicament. To those that keep wanting to dismiss bringing lawsuits, I appreciate your point of view, but why it so compels you to bring forth such advise it boggles my mind.

It is important to keep in mind that is all well and good that many will just "move-on". It is a critical stage to get rid of many/most parties that will just disappear. It is only then that the airlines and ticketing agents will start to negotiate. I can tell you from experience that in some cases "error" fares resulted in people getting nothing, while on the other hand some here got very valuable rewards for their insistence/lawsuits. There have been some that have been generous enough to where there still are gag orders in effect. Therefore I say to the more determined and willing, to let the armchair lawyers give their monday morning quarterback reports and allow the folks that do not intend to carry on a fight to quietly exit stage left.

Very well said! ^ I loooooooved my Hawaiian deal that I worked two years ago (and used last summer). At first, they tried to just have me cancel the ticket so they could refund my money....... Nope.
Old May 3, 2012, 6:10 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
email

Just received email from the TA, that Delta is concerned with duplicity on 2 of my flights - unfortunatelly I have JFK-LHR and JFK-AMS on the same day, I did not pay attention as I was thinking that I will change these flights anyways after flying first legs. Lady wrote me that if Delta decides so, they can then cancel both etickets without even refunding money. They are advising to cancel one or the other and request refund.

Very vague definition:

5) Multiple bookings of a fictitious nature are prohibited by DL. In the event DL determines that an individual has confirmed such bookings to one or more destination(s) on or about the same date(s), the carrier reserves the right to cancel all confirmed space associated with the multiple reservations without notice to the passenger or the person making the booking.

Both reservations are ticketed by now... not sure what to do...

Btw, it is the same TA I used for KE tickets and no words on that.

Last edited by honzeek_cz; May 3, 2012 at 6:20 am Reason: Found the rule
Old May 3, 2012, 6:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by D-AIHZ
This means a turnaround onto the same aircraft is not possible (because returning to the city of origin is excluded under the TWOV regulations), and other airside transfers are not allowed. Basically, the rule applies to those whose aircraft makes a technical stop in Myanmar, say on a BKK-RGN-CCU routing.

I highly recommend you get yourself a visa!
The 'no visa if you leave on the same aircraft' if from the days when aircraft used to make fuelling stops in India/Burma, you certainly cannot apply it for a BKK/SIN-RGN MR turnaround
Old May 3, 2012, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The 'no visa if you leave on the same aircraft' if from the days when aircraft used to make fuelling stops in India/Burma, you certainly cannot apply it for a BKK/SIN-RGN MR turnaround
Yes, which was my point. I am sorry if I did not make that clear.
Old May 3, 2012, 6:16 am

So has anyone determined whether a visa is required for an "airside transfer" per se?
Old May 3, 2012, 6:21 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
My update:

* 2 reservations on BT Travel never ticketed.
* 1 Vayama ticket on KE stock got cancelled (received the standard Vayama email like everyone else, approx 36 hrs after ticketing).
* 1 Vayama ticket on ANA stock still alive.
* 1 Cheapoair ticket on KE stock still alive, but will likely be cancelled shortly.
* 1 Travelocity ticket on DL stock still alive, ticketed about 12 hrs after booking.
* 1 reservation on Opodo.uk still has not ticketed.
Old May 3, 2012, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by DeltaNYC
My update:

* 1 Vayama ticket on KE stock got cancelled (received the standard Vayama email like everyone else, approx 36 hrs after ticketing).
* 1 Cheapoair ticket on KE stock still alive, but will likely be cancelled shortly.
* 1 Travelocity ticket on DL stock still alive, ticketed about 12 hrs after booking.
What do you base this on?
Old May 3, 2012, 6:34 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
My DL stock TG / CI / DL ticket was cancelled this morning by Vayama quoting "Korean Airlines".

I've kept my correspondence to them in writing asking them to clarify.
The fare was a steady 49,325.00 MMK per ticket, so not a clear cut error.
Old May 3, 2012, 6:50 am
2mg

These updates are great...

Originally Posted by DeltaNYC
My update:

For the airlines to use to verify where they go next for canceling tickets! If you had a ticket canceled great, say nothing more. If it hasn't been canceled say nothing. Why are we telling the airlines this on a public forum no less?
Old May 3, 2012, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by belfordrocks
So has anyone determined whether a visa is required for an "airside transfer" per se?
See my and Oliver's posts above. The rules say you will need a visa. How they are applied in practice is anyone's guess, but are you willing to risk not being able to travel for the sake of saving $20 on a visa?
Old May 3, 2012, 7:01 am
GmK

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by D-AIHZ
See my and Oliver's posts above. The rules say you will need a visa. How they are applied in practice is anyone's guess, but are you willing to risk not being able to travel for the sake of saving $20 on a visa?
Exactly. To quote someone who already did the trip once with these fares:

-> In RGN the TG Staff whisked me right into the departure hall so I did not have to go through Immigration, hence my Visa did not get invalidated. Good thing, so I can use it again next month providing KE is not cancelling my ticket with the frenzy going on now on FT...

-> You WILL NEED a visa, otherwise TG or whatever airline you use to go to RGN will not check you in.
Old May 3, 2012, 7:03 am

Alrighty, thanks for clearing that up.

What is the possibility of them not cancelling the ticket, but turning me away at the gate due to the fare paid? Has it happened before?
Old May 3, 2012, 7:09 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Vayama sent me another email saying that my NH-stock ticket was cancelled by Korean Air. I did have one segment on KE.

FWIW, the usual measure of damages is not what one might have spent in reliance on an expectation of performance but the difference between what one paid (or agreed to pay) under the breached contract and the market price of replacement goods/services. If you have a forward contract for a bag of peanuts and the farmer fails to deliver, the damages are the difference between the contract price and the market price at the time of agreed-upon delivery.

That assumes you're entitled to damages. Unilateral mistake is a defense to breach, provided the non-mistaken party knew or should have known of the mistaken party's mistake. The question is whether this was a mistake. Factually, it doesn't look like one to me. It was failure to monitor currency flutuations. That's carelessness by the party setting the prices, not a mistake.

Of course, this is not legal advice to anyone who might be reading. I am simply stating my position as to my own circumstances.
Old May 3, 2012, 7:13 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by vforni
My DL stock TG / CI / DL ticket was cancelled this morning by Vayama quoting "Korean Airlines".

I've kept my correspondence to them in writing asking them to clarify.
The fare was a steady 49,325.00 MMK per ticket, so not a clear cut error.
I've done the same, also with DL stock. I tried speaking with them on the phone, but that was utterly useless. ICC hell.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.