[FARE GONE] DL: JFK-CPT 19.6k mile RT $710ai 3.98cpm 1/16-1/20 +BNA add-on

Subscribe
New member to the forums but have been lurking off and on for a while. Had to share this one though.

Booked through the DL website:
1/16 JFK-AMS KL644
1/18 AMS-CPT KL597
1/19 CPT-JNB KL3766
1/19 JNB-AMS KL592
1/20 AMS-JFK KL641

19657 miles for $782ai 3.98cpm

I don't live near NYC though so I also booked a separate 10k mile roundabout way to get there that takes my average for the trip up to around 5cpm.

1/15 BNA-ATL DL1066
1/15 ATL-LAX DL1855
1/15 LAX-ATL DL2354
1/16 ATL-JFK DL2250
1/20 JFK-LAX DL2263
1/21 LAX-ATL DL2154
1/21 ATL-BNA DL1676

10073 miles for $710ai 7.05cpm

1 week, almost 30k miles...not too bad I think
Very interesting...are you booking/seeing this on delta.com?
You won't get any DL miles for the CPT-JNB segment as it is operated by BA(Comair).
Good fare. Books into R class. No min stay which is nice!
Welcome to FT and CC, RamblingMan. Nice first post and a very good mileage run. Starting off the new year with a bang. ^
Quote: Very interesting...are you booking/seeing this on delta.com?
Yep, booked it yesterday on Delta.com...that's where I found it also

Quote: You won't get any DL miles for the CPT-JNB segment as it is operated by BA(Comair).
Hmm...when I booked the flight it showed up as I would get credit for it. Guess I'll see what happens. In the long run, it's only 760miles...

Quote: Welcome to FT and CC, RamblingMan. Nice first post and a very good mileage run. Starting off the new year with a bang. ^
I was sad I'm not qualifying for DM for next year (too many month long trips...only gonna make PM) so I wanted to stack the odds in my favor early this year.
JFK-AMS-CPT
This fare, as posted here has been around for at least some 7 weeks and was reported erroneously as "GONE"
As reported in the same thread, it was also available on DeltaVacations.com as a very attractive BOGO package !
Quote: Yep, booked it yesterday on Delta.com...that's where I found it also

Hmm...when I booked the flight it showed up as I would get credit for it. Guess I'll see what happens. In the long run, it's only 760miles...

I was sad I'm not qualifying for DM for next year (too many month long trips...only gonna make PM) so I wanted to stack the odds in my favor early this year.
I can't find the CPT-JNB leg on DL.com
Quote: New member to the forums but have been lurking off and on for a while. Had to share this one though.

Booked through the DL website:
1/16 JFK-AMS KL644
1/18 AMS-CPT KL597
1/19 CPT-JNB KL3766
1/19 JNB-AMS KL592
1/20 AMS-JFK KL641

19657 miles for $782ai 3.98cpm
fed this into DL.com and comes back with all M fares for $2.5k......
Quote: fed this into DL.com and comes back with all M fares for $2.5k......
Don't use dl.bom to make the reservation/ ticketing.
Use the big O website to make the reservation.

A better deal is for IAD-AMS-CPT-AMS-IAD for dates in Jan, Feb'2012.
Use http://matrix.itasoftware.com/search.htm with a 0 day stay or even 1 day stay. There are folks that have used this to see CPT - a really nice place.
Quote: Don't use dl.bom to make the reservation/ ticketing.
Use the big O website to make the reservation.

A better deal is for IAD-AMS-CPT-AMS-IAD for dates in Jan, Feb'2012.
Use http://matrix.itasoftware.com/search.htm with a 0 day stay or even 1 day stay. There are folks that have used this to see CPT - a really nice place.
Ive never used Ita, what dates is that run good for? im MSP based but can do a position flight to IAD, same day or 1 night turn works for me going there in feb anyway with a friend so dont wanna see too much before we go
Quote: This fare, as posted here has been around for at least some 7 weeks and was reported erroneously as "GONE"
As reported in the same thread, it was also available on DeltaVacations.com as a very attractive BOGO package !
Looks like that has expired. Anybody found a way to use it?

http://www.deltavacations.com/specia...rCode=14591DVC
with 1 day stay for departures out of IAD to CPT ... Jan 21, 22, 23, 31, Feb 1, 5,6,7,8 ...
all these dates are showing a fare of $753 ai.
I am on the Feb 1 departure.
2/5-2/8, BOS-YYZ-AMS-CPT-AMS-YYZ-BOS, $948.50 ai, 4.7 cpm.
Quote: with 1 day stay for departures out of IAD to CPT ... Jan 21, 22, 23, 31, Feb 1, 5,6,7,8 ...
all these dates are showing a fare of $753 ai.
I am on the Feb 1 departure.
Any chance you can make this work as a 1 day stay in their hotel but get an extra few days in CPT without hotel? CPT is a long way to go for 1 night unless you're MRunning or doing some sort of other funny business